XIAOMI Yi ELF Files to Unbrick Camera

cruz

Reaction score
Country
Ukraine
Download this file:
https://mega.nz/#!iQF0mYoT!pqn4x1AtrlRXNTEGT4WD7PBjAuE97KJZnpb2OUl_rUg
MD5SUM: 1a644d309779d9a8b4b327c5b82762ca

This file contains a full instruction from Xiaomi support. Read this first. I will add my extra items to instruction.
This instruction is for 22 and 22L revisions. Choose the correct ELF file from the archive.

Instruction:
1) Unmount the front panel.
2) Install the program from archive (kind of DirectUSB program ).
3) Connect camera to PC.
4) Run installed program.
5) Check "Upgrade Firmware" radio button
6) On this step you need to short-circuit 2 points of camera - main board (GND) and the point above the resistor - look at the instruction in the archive. Resistor marked by red color in the PowerPoint file in the archive.
7) KEEP these 2 points short-circuited and press Power button to enable the camera. This turns the camera in the DirectUSB mode.
8) Press "Connect" button in the program.
9) Choose correct ELF file and press
10) Press "Download"
11) Wait for "Done" in the programm
12) Wait few minutes for 3 beeps (I do not remember them, but it is better to wait few minutes).
13) Disconnect you camera.

On this step you should get a working camera. Also I downloaded and installed the latest firmware from xiaoyi.com/upgrade after everything, but I do not think that it is necessary.
If everything is OK you will get this message in the program: "Found 1 YXDJ device". If you get "Found 0 YXDJ" then something is wrong. Try to remove the battery and repeat 6, 7, 8 items.
You it doesn't help then try it in the next order:
- 6)
- 7)
- Do not release power button, keep it pressed
- 8)
- Got "Found 1 YXDJ device"
- release power button

Absolutely fantastic info thanks @cruz - now people don't need to worry about bricking their Yi cameras any more :)

Should that same ELF file work with SN Z23L or any others also?

The firmware programming took 58seconds to finish for me. And then the status turns from Wait to OK.

If your windows can't find the driver. Then point it to the location your installed the yiSportCamUSB software. There's a driver folder there.

C:\Program Files (x86)\XiaoYi\yiSportCamUSB\Driver

Once the driver was installed properly, the yiSportCamUSB program Foun 1 YDXJ device!

yi_action_camera_unbrick_proceess.PNG

BTW, for those without access to PowerPoint. Here is the point to ground. Simply touch that point to the metal chassis. I used a paper clip. It was easier to bend than tweezers.
short_point_to_ground.jpg

Thanks Cruz!!

Yes it is now tested, it works! Only i didn't got any beeps after "Done" text. I waited more than 5 mins and disconnected. Now i did update latest firmware through Android software and this time it worked. :)

Big thanks to Cruz!!

Download this file:
https://mega.nz/#!iQF0mYoT!pqn4x1AtrlRXNTEGT4WD7PBjAuE97KJZnpb2OUl_rUg
MD5SUM: 1a644d309779d9a8b4b327c5b82762ca

This file contains a full instruction from Xiaomi support. Read this first. I will add my extra items to instruction.
This instruction is for 22 and 22L revisions. Choose the correct ELF file from the archive.

Instruction:
1) Unmount the front panel.
2) Install the program from archive (kind of DirectUSB program ).
3) Connect camera to PC.
4) Run installed program.
5) Check "Upgrade Firmware" radio button
6) On this step you need to short-circuit 2 points of camera - main board (GND) and the point above the resistor - look at the instruction in the archive. Resistor marked by red color in the PowerPoint file in the archive.
7) KEEP these 2 points short-circuited and press Power button to enable the camera. This turns the camera in the DirectUSB mode.
8) Press "Connect" button in the program.
9) Choose correct ELF file and press
10) Press "Download"
11) Wait for "Done" in the programm
12) Wait few minutes for 3 beeps (I do not remember them, but it is better to wait few minutes).
13) Disconnect you camera.

On this step you should get a working camera. Also I downloaded and installed the latest firmware from xiaoyi.com/upgrade after everything, but I do not think that it is necessary.
If everything is OK you will get this message in the program: "Found 1 YXDJ device". If you get "Found 0 YXDJ" then something is wrong. Try to remove the battery and repeat 6, 7, 8 items.
You it doesn't help then try it in the next order:
- 6)
- 7)
- Do not release power button, keep it pressed
- 8)
- Got "Found 1 YXDJ device"
- release power button

very good news
i will wait 23L version^^
thanks very much!

That ELF files are for 22|22l models.

I will try to get ELF files for 23L model. I will notify you when I get it.

Sorry guys, I cant seem to be able to short the 2 points.

i have a stupid questions.
1) should we short first then press the POWER button
OR press POWER button the short?
2) If we put the battery into xiaoyi, and when we connect the microusb to PC, the POWER button will light up in RED. Hence, how do we know whether we have successfully shorted the 2 points? i.e. will the POWER button light disappear? (Cos I do notice this happen but I am not sure whether this is due to successful a short? or juz my butter button losing my grip on the pincer between the 2 points? any advice?

Last edited:
cruz А где всю эту прелесть выклянчил ? У производителя ?? ( судя по названию проги/папок и наличию эльфов )) )

Last edited by a moderator:
To add on, before you guys start, the area that we are suppose to short (in red arrow) is covered up by a scotch tape. Do remember to 'push' the tape away (See attached circle in red)

I didnt notice this tape and was happily trying to do the short on a wrong point (in yellow arrow) till i re-look at the diagram again. am worried i may have scratch the circuit board in yellow arrow... so far still no result. demoralising.
xiaoyi2.jpg

Last edited:
cruz А где всю эту прелесть выклянчил ? У производителя ?? ( судя по названию проги/папок и наличию эльфов )) )

Yes, right. I 've got these files from Xiaomi support.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry guys, I cant seem to be able to short the 2 points.

i have a stupid questions.
1) should we short first then press the POWER button
OR press POWER button the short?
2) If we put the battery into xiaoyi, and when we connect the microusb to PC, the POWER button will light up in RED. Hence, how do we know whether we have successfully shorted the 2 points? i.e. will the POWER button light disappear? (Cos I do notice this happen but I am not sure whether this is due to successful a short? or juz my butter button losing my grip on the pincer between the 2 points? any advice?

1) Yes, you should short those 2 points and then press the Power button.
2) Red light should NOT light up when you disassembled the front panel from camera and connect the camera to PC. So you need to short-circuit those 2 points, press the Power button and only then you get the Power button lighted up.

To add on, before you guys start, the area that we are suppose to short (in red arrow) is covered up by a scotch tape. Do remember to 'push' the tape away (See attached circle in red)

I didnt notice this tape and was happily trying to do the short on a wrong point (in yellow arrow) till i re-look at the diagram again. am worried i may have scratch the circuit board in yellow arrow... so far still no result. demoralising.
View attachment 15815

I see that you already removed a scotch tape.

Relax, grab a coffee and try again ;)

Last edited:
Also waiting for elf files for 23l. Thank you very much.

Good to know. Confirmed it works for 22. Thanks.

Well i did try this with 23L and worked ok. It is now flashed through Android software to latest firmware and Android software tells me it is still 23Lxxxxx. But it would be nice to know what is different with 22L and 23L versions really, does anyone know?

Omg thx cruz.. My xiaomi yi alive again after 3 months bricked and stuck in 3 red light indicator... Finally i can use again my yi...

OMG it's really working .When i first open the yi camera the driver was't install yet because of third party INF unsupported what
i've done is install the driver by follow this step

Thanks a lot Cruz, people like you makes this world better!!:):)
I have one problem. When I short the 2 points and press the Power button, Windows makes a sound, so It recognizes the camara but the yisportcamUSB don´t. When I click on connect, the message is: Found 0 YDXJ device!

I try to allow no-signed drivers on my windows 8, follow the instrucction of Pawan, but It doesn´t work.
Anyone can help me?? Maybe the problem is de OS?

Thanks!! At least there is light at end of tunnel...

Back