[Xiaomi Yi] Share your scripts and settings

I prepare some repo with scripts for switching between AP/STA mode by shutter btn when cam starts
You can find this repo on https://github.com/reaper7/XIAOMI_YI_WIFI_SWITCH

Really nice piece of code!

Is it possible to run also t-commands from external scripts with lu_util exec for e.g. changing ISO and exposure settings?

My idea would be to ask regulary if another script file is available (check if file exists ... a) if not sleep 1 sec and check again ... b) if it exists then execute this code and delete the script, go back to loop).
This would allow to push the t-commands in a script file to the cam and make manual changes whenever you want. Only simple Android app would be needed which is pushing the script (via FTP or telnet cat > script.sh) to the camera.

I am doing something similar with Raspberry and it's working like a charm.

Hi All,
I am started using Yi just some week ago and want to tune it to have the best for what I need.

I wish to have good video for landscapes and areal photography with quadcopter, and also good quality 16MP stills with as less noise reduction as possible.

I did not find a way to disable noise reduction for stills.
I made test with RAW pictures set ISO to 100 and it still has lots of noise in it even at sunlight.
I link my RAW/JPG comparison result one picture is cloudy one is at direct sunlight:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_hyhUvel-mhX21XQndUb0hSdXc&usp=sharing
(You have to download and zoom to 100% if checking quality and noise levels as opened in browser does not zoom to original resolution.)

Q: What do you think, is my Z23L focused close so to selfie too and I could improve far away object like landscape/trees sharpness by refocusing the lens?

Let me share some sample video footage too:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_hyhUvel-mhSVpSTXJ6ZXFzYlU/view?usp=sharing
(You have to download and zoom to 100% if checking quality and sharpness levels as opened in browser does only plays a reduced youtube quality 8mbps 1080p.)

I don't know why are videos shaking that much, I read reviews and when GoPro and Yi with same FOV and chip was on the same mount/grip the Yi videos were much more shaky.

This is the autoexec script I am using:
writeb 0xC06CC426 0x02
writew 0xC05C1EB2 0x41F0
t ia2 -adj ev 0 0 150 0 0 160 0
t ia2 -adj l_expo 163
t ia2 -3a 1 0 0 1
t ia2 -awb off
t ia2 -adj autoknee 255
t ia2 -adj gamma 180
t cal -sc 14
t ia2 -ae exp 100 0 0
sleep 10
t cal -jqlt 100
t app test debug_dump 14
sleep 9
t ia2 -adj tidx -1 1024 -1

My microSD's like only maximum of 30mbps (videos saved are about 31mbps by the way) so thats why it is set there.
I am not sure do I need the sleeps and is that millisec parameter?
Can I disable JPG noise reduction somehow?

I plan to change the lens to have less fisheye as I like zoomedin/tele lens, so ordered similar to this:
This is the most telephoto I found but too expensive for my project:

Last edited:
I did not find a way to disable noise reduction for stills.
I made test with RAW pictures set ISO to 100 and it still has lots of noise in it even at sunlight.

You're getting so much noise in RAW because there is no noise reduction enabled for RAW. Use image processing software to get rid of the noise.

Last edited:
Yo Cook ;)

You're getting so much noise in RAW because there is no noise reduction enabled for RAW. Use image processing software to get rid of the noise.
I want to find a script having no noise reduction for Yi generated JPGs as having noise in JPG has much better details than having Yi's noise reduction filter and I don't like to process RAW all the time.

I know that noise reduction is off if I convert from raw, that is the plan, but I mean even at ISO 100 that small 16MP sensor it has very big amount of noise from raw which should be not normal at ISO 100 at sunlight.
I have APS-C and fullframe DSLRs and they have no visible noise level at ISO 200, one of them starts getting noisy at ISO 3200-6400 only.
I know it is a very small sensor compared to DSLRs, but still strange having that big amount of noise at ISO100.

Anyway could you check my sample pictures, is it close focused by factory and could refocus help?

My idea would be to ask regulary if another script file is available (check if file exists ... a) if not sleep 1 sec and check again ... b) if it exists then execute this code and delete the script, go back to loop).
This would allow to push the t-commands in a script file to the cam and make manual changes whenever you want. Only simple Android app would be needed which is pushing the script (via FTP or telnet cat > script.sh) to the camera.
You are reading my mind :) I thought about develop custom client app with all possible options (like scripts). In cam-side implementation very easy.

Simple in Xiaomi Yi (side):
autoexec.sh
Code:
lu_util exec 'nohup tcpsvd -u root -vE 0.0.0.0 21 ftpd -w / >> /dev/null 2>&1 &'
(for active FTP server)
Code:
while true; do
   d:\commands_from_app.sh
   sleep 1
done
(for check commands_from_app.sh and execute if exist)
command for delete file "commands_from_app.sh" can be put by self (in end line) =)

You are reading my mind :) I thought about develop custom client app with all possible options (like scripts). In cam-side implementation very easy.

autoexec.sh
Code:
lu_util exec 'nohup tcpsvd -u root -vE 0.0.0.0 21 ftpd -w / >> /dev/null 2>&1 &'
(for active FTP server)
Code:
while true; do
   sleep 1
done
command for delete file "commands_from_app.sh" can be put by self (in end line) =)

Why don't you remove microSD from Yi, put into phone/tablet whatever, copy autoexec with the config you wish?
I hate using Wifi, it takes lots of power from battery.

Why don't you remove microSD from Yi, put into phone/tablet whatever, copy autoexec with the config you wish?
I hate using Wifi, it takes lots of power from battery.
Because we say's about custom setting in app, realtime! Edit ISO, Shutter speed, etc...

p.s. about wifi, you not need use it all time!

Because we say's about custom setting in app, realtime! Edit ISO, Shutter speed, etc...

p.s. about wifi, you not need use it all time!
Ok, so what about a custom setting app which generates the file based on the gui and you can copy to microSD?
You can transfer the file to microSD root without wifi 2 ways:
- remove card put to phone/tablet, copy there the result of the app
- plug Yi to the phone/tablet through OTG cable, copy there the result of the app

Last edited:
Ok, so what about a custom setting app which generates the file based on the gui and you can copy to microSD?
You can transfer the file to microSD root without wifi 2 ways:
- remove card put to phone/tablet, copy there the result of the app
- plug Yi to the phone/tablet through OTG cable, copy there the result of the app
LOL!!! You kidding me? This folly, and not realtime! I reply again: We say's about custom app for smartphone with new options (change iso like in official app change qualitty settings, etc...)

LOL!!! You kidding me? This folly, and not realtime! I reply again: We say's about custom app for smartphone with new options (change iso like in official app change qualitty settings, etc...)
ok I give it up so you want to use wifi, I don't. Good luck, I hope you can make it work as you wish.

hi guys, is here any script to reset camera setting? Thanks

hello. I just reiseved my yi. its a 22l model.firmware 1.2.13. I used it only for underwater videos. 1080p 30fps I want to use. I dont have experience or picture taking knowledge .can you plz help to choose a script that is better for undewater on blue seawater? and maybe is you know any suggestions to make that script better for underwater? like saturation, sharpness , color? thanks a lot

autoexec.sh
Code:
while true; do
   sleep 1
done

I have added the "while true; do ...... done" code to the autoexec.sh and created executable file "/tmp/fuse_d/commands_from_app.sh" with t-command (e.g. t app key shutter).
Unfortunately it's not working. The content from the commands_from_app.sh file is not executed from the while-true-do slope in the autoexec.sh file.
How do you get it working? Have you tried this???

Finding solution for this would bring the possiblity to change all parameters in realtime ... like DSLR. :)
Writing Android App to create the file with t-command should be not big issue.

I have added the "while true; do ...... done" code to the autoexec.sh and created executable file "/tmp/fuse_d/commands_from_app.sh" with t-command (e.g. t app key shutter).
Unfortunately it's not working. The content from the commands_from_app.sh file is not executed from the while-true-do slope in the autoexec.sh file.
How do you get it working? Have you tried this???
Of course! I tried, and it works fine on my camera Xiaomi Yi (fw 1.2.13)!

possiblity to change all parameters in realtime ... like DSLR.
I tould about this! All scripted commands possible send to camera, with method about i tuld you! I mean, no need search new solution!

@AirKit: Can you please share one example of your autoexec.ash and commands_from_app.sh files.

If this works then this would be really break through which could beat the protune feature from GP.
;-)

I hope to get it also working.

@ AirKite: I had typo in my script (commands_from_app.sh instead of commands_from_app.ash) ... my stupid failure.

NOW IT'S WORKING !!!! THANKS !!!

I would call this pioneering finding.
This simple code will provide the possiblity now to run t-commands in realtime just on demand triggered by user.
All available cam parameters can now be used whenever you want.

I would call this pioneering finding.
This simple code will provide the possiblity now to run t-commands in realtime just on demand triggered by user.
All available cam parameters can now be used whenever you want.
Yes! I know it, and i tould this many time!

Anyone got a script, that would automatically start to record video. Pauses/Stops every x seconds for a full resolution photo. And then resumes recording video directly after?

For HDR in 360° photo panorama i would like to manually set white balance beside ISO and shutter speed.

a) is it possibe to manually set the wb in kelvin e.g. 3200K?
b) is it possible to lock the AWB from 1st picture taken?
c) HDR setup in RAW with manual wb, shutter_speed, ISO?

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Back