[Xiaomi Yi] Share your scripts and settings

Maybe lower l_expo?

P.s. even expensive cameras sometime cant handle really bright environement with a big light difference. That's why they use lens filter for those occasion.
(Have a Nikon D5200 and am using sometime a lens filter for too bright environement)

Maybe lower l_expo?

P.s. even expensive cameras sometime cant handle really bright environement with a big light difference. That's why they use lens filter for those occasion.
(Have a Nikon D5200 and am using sometime a lens filter for too bright environement)

Thanks!
You mean this line:
t ia2 -adj l_expo 163

What would be a good default value or what should be ok?
I did not find defaults and ranges on net :(

I am not sure is it overridden by this:
t ia2 -adj autoknee 255
and probably I have to lower that too?

#shadow clipping adjustments Values: 0-255, higher value, more "light" in the video
#this makes blacks not crushed
t ia2 -adj l_expo 120

#highlighting ,Values: 0-255, lower value, more "light" in the video
#this gets back the highlights
t ia2 -adj autoknee 255

Try this maybe?

Also, try it on automode once too (without scripts) to see, if your cam can handle your needs of results

#shadow clipping adjustments Values: 0-255, higher value, more "light" in the video
t ia2 -adj l_expo 120

#highlighting ,Values: 0-255, lower value, more "light" in the video
t ia2 -adj autoknee 255

Try this maybe?

Also, try it on automode once too (without scripts) to see, if your cam can handle your needs of results

I made tests with 3 different
t ia2 -adj l_expo XYZ
setting and all video looked the same :(
some of my other settings could override it?

Last edited:
Nobody here who could help? :p
somebody mentioned that yi is not able to record 1920x1080p at 60fps
sensor is not capable doing that
instead of full hd resolution it is doing some 1300x something and then upscaling it to 1920x1080
this is the reason of quality loss between 1080p60 and 1080p30

About my script, well guys, I'm always changing it, just seen now those messages requesting the script, I'm rocking this now:

#vibrance/saturation adjustments
t ia2 -adj ev 0 0 140 0 0 150 0

#shadow/highlight clipping adjustments
t ia2 -adj l_expo 163

t ia2 -adj autoknee 255

#set gamma level - makes picture darker, more highlights?
t ia2 -adj gamma 220

#RAW WB (auskommentiert) + IMPROVED HIGHLIGHTS script by nutsey
t ia2 -3a 1 0 0 1
t ia2 -awb off

#4GB no split files
writew 0xC03A8620 0x2004

#de-noise values between 0-16383 (0x0000-0x3FFF)
t ia2 -adj tidx -1 1024 -1

#cleanup
#lu_util exec rm /tmp/fuse_d/DCIM/100MEDIA/*_thm.mp4

sleep 9​

This might appear to be a dump question. But how exactly do I get a script running.
I did copy the text into the"autoexec.ash". Is that already it? Because I am no longer getting raw pictures, when taking one.

Thaks for you help

Hello,

I try to understand the nutsey's Yimax-movie script and have some questions :
- I don't need Raw for picture (I can't open it on my computer), delete "t app test debug_dump 14" is enough ?
- Why "sleep 9" in the script ? Why so long ? What's wrong if I delete it ?

Thanks for your help.

You can use it, but need to use the Raw to Dng converter...
And yes you simply need to delete that line
And idk why 9 seconds, but I used it without it and it works

Hello!
Can you help me with setting AV output to 4:3 mode? I found script for 1080p60:
#for YI firmware 1.2.13
#4:3 AV out for FPV
#set 1920x1080 60 fps
writeb 0xC06CC426 0x03
#set AV out 4:3 mode
writew 0xC05C2CCC 0x0403​
But I would like to have possibility to use video on TV without retiming. And video mode must be PAL and recording in 1080p50 or 1080p25.
And code writew 0xC05C2CCC 0x0403 is not working in PAL and 50/25.

Hi guys,
I'm wondering if someone could please point me in the direction of a script please? I've tried searching the forums but not had much luck, and hopefully someone may have seen what it is I'm looking for :D I'm pretty confident it's already out there as it would seem every script possible has been torn out and mastered by you guys! I've had some small successes in the past in writing my own scrips using your expert advice, but I feel this one may be beyond me.

I need a script for the highest possible resolution while recording in the 4:3 format @ 60fps, with no auto low light mode. I have good SD cards so high data speeds are a bonus!

I'm setting up a 360 rig using 6x Yi's in a 3D printed frame to hold the cameras in 60m waterproof housings for dive videos. The software I'm using for stitching + rendering seems to have the best reproduction while filming in the 4:3 ratio as it is using the full sensor without cropping, and the 60fps helps massively in syncing the cameras together. Once all the footage is stitched together and level, I use Adobe After Effects to smoothen out the bumps and get the colours/lighting accurately reproduced. The reason I don't want any auto low light mode is because its my understanding it fiddles with the iso/frame rate and will make rendering and post editing a pain, -I need each camera to be operating as close to identical as possible through the recording.

The standard highest I can get at the moment is only 980p @ 60fps 4:3, but since the Yi is capable of 2k in 16:9 @ 30fps, I'm sure these little cameras can thump out something better.

Thanks in advance! :D

Hi guys :)
Where can i find the different values possible for this command:

writeb 0xC06CC426 0x03

I imagine the first value is the resolution and the second the fps. But how to find these values for 1.2.13 firmware?

The first value is the memory offset, the second - video mode to be set.

Thank you :)

Is it possible to force the camera to switch to PAL/NTSC? My wifi does not work and i can not change the video standard anymore, right now my camera use the default settings which is NTSC, Is there a way using the autoexec.ash to change NTSC to PAL?

This might appear to be a dump question. But how exactly do I get a script running.
I did copy the text into the"autoexec.ash". Is that already it? Because I am no longer getting raw pictures, when taking one.

Thaks for you help
Hi. Reading your script I have doubts. are not very high values in gamma and knee? Any sample video to see the result? I've been a long time trying different scritps modifying gamma and knee and can not find the balance, because either out or overexposed image too dark. You have knowledge of how to set these values lighting so that the result is more according to what the human eye sees? Thank you.

Hi,
I still have "too white" picture how to reduce?
Here is how it looks:
Shadows are not black but light grey/blue.
I don't not know how to fix...

For my script see my previous comments here...

Hello to all !
I've looked over all the Internet and could not get a solution for my problem so I decided to post here after reading all your comments.
I recently purchased a Xiaomi Yi Sports Camera, model Z25, with firmware 1.3.
I want to hack my camera with some script to improve its video quality (disappointing I find, with factory set-ups) but it seems that my firmware 1.3 doesn't allow scripts to be executed.
And I don't feel capable to downgrade using the DirectTool USB solution, am too afraid to break my camera!!

So my questions are :

=> is there a script that is "useable" with the Firmware 1.3?
=> if not, will there be one? Maybe there isn't at the moment because the Firmware is too recent?

Thank you all for your replies :)

Hi, i would like to do some long exposure timelapses at night and also to take long exposure videos. Can anyone tell me which settings to use. I already downloaded the XYC script on the memory card.

Back