Xiaomi Yi Sports Camera - Custom Firmware (Base 1.0.7) - Bitrate Increased to 30Mbps all modes

Hi guys , i'm a bit messed with the CFWs released around here.

I'm having some stuttering problems too with an EVO32 running a custom FW with VBR. Probably will try a Pro and see if it fixes the issue, but first i'd like to try with a CBR, because 30Mbps would do the job for me.

Does any of you have a 1.0.12 custom fw with 30Mbps CBR for a z22? Thanks!

I ended up returning the card to Amazon and bought a new one, Kingston SDCA3/64GB with Read speed of 90MB/s Write speed 80MB/s. In the end it was around 15 euro more so I went for it.

Where did you find it please ?
Just installed new firmware. No new options in menu available. But filming is now indicated by blinking led ring.
Unfortunatly they did not fix the lens rectification bug :(. Maybe next firmware update.
Follwing the modified version with higher bitrates. For details see file within archiv. The bitrates are listed there. I used the settings from Evgeniy which are pretty good.

http://www.filedropper.com/firmware1012-modified

!!
Based on hardware revision 22.1 (see https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/xiaomi-yi-firmware-caution.11383/ for details). Seems this firmware version is the most common. Anyway, there are a few revision out there with might require a different firmware. I don't know if thouse work with this firmware as well. So please check befor updating.
!!

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for that was looking for my 221 imei camera for a read rom. i assume you have installed this one already on your's and it works?
what version is this? 1.0.12?

Samsung EVO 64GB in theory should work great, but I'm reading that with high bitrates it does not. I was going to buy the EVO, but now I'm a little bit confused, does the EVO work great or should I buy the PRO? If it's not needed there is no reason to waste the extra money that costs the PRO version(Plus the shipping cost of amazon, because they don't sell it where I live).

Thanks in advance!

Samsung EVO 64GB in theory should work great, but I'm reading that with high bitrates it does not. I was going to buy the EVO, but now I'm a little bit confused, does the EVO work great or should I buy the PRO? If it's not needed there is no reason to waste the extra money that costs the PRO version(Plus the shipping cost of amazon, because they don't sell it where I live).

Thanks in advance!
here is Media info of my GoPro Hero 4 file, the EVO 64GB worked great:
I used this tool to format it:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=30748027&postcount=1022

General
Complete name : D:\GOPR0003.MP4
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Base Media / Version 1
Codec ID : mp41
File size : 120 MiB
Duration : 16s 683ms
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 60.4 Mbps
Encoded date : UTC 2014-12-01 13:22:40
Tagged date : UTC 2014-12-01 13:22:40
AMBA :

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L5.1
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 1 frame
Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=15
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 60.0 Mbps
Width : 3 840 pixels
Height : 2 160 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 29.970 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.241
Stream size : 120 MiB (100%)
Title : GoPro AVC
Language : English
Color primaries : BT.709
Transfer characteristics : BT.709
Matrix coefficients : BT.709
Color range : Full

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AAC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile : LC
Codec ID : 40
Duration : 16s 661ms
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 128 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 261 KiB (0%)
Title : GoPro AAC

Other #1
ID : 3
Type : Time code
Format : QuickTime TC
Title : GoPro TCD

Other #2
Type : Time code
Time code of first frame : 13:21:51:26
Time code, striped : Yes
mdhd_Duration : 16683
Bit rate mode : VBR

I use my Yi for radio controlled quadcopter flying video. Specifically, mini-racing quadcopters. That type of quadcopter is very strong and people typically do lots of aerobatics, tree-dodging and other tricks with them. The video quality of the Yi is great, but it always turns itself off if I crash (crashes are really common when flying through trees!). When it turns its of off, it doesn't save the last few seconds of the video.

It's awesome to get video footage of quadcopter crashes. I've talked with several other Yi owners and they're seeing the same thing. Is there a firmware mod or upgrade that can keep the camera on and recording even in a crash? I love the 1080p/60fps, but I really need the video to stay running.

Groucho, check out this thread:

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...-when-battery-is-accidentally-pull-out.11503/

Pay close attention to the last few posts. You may be able to recover those last few seconds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really don't unterstand the problems about micro sd card speed. I use modded firmware with 35MBbit/s (VBR). I used a 16GB class 4 sd card with absolutly no problems.
Now I use a 64GB class 10 sandisk (only because of the size) with no differences at all. So all those mentioned problems are most probatly not related to card speed but maybe to incompatibilities. My class 4 was a Transtec.

Really don't unterstand the problems about micro sd card speed. I use modded firmware with 35MBbit/s (VBR). I used a 16GB class 4 sd card with absolutly no problems.
Now I use a 64GB class 10 sandisk (only because of the size) with no differences at all. So all those mentioned problems are most probatly not related to card speed but maybe to incompatibilities. My class 4 was a Transtec.

You're so right... I try to explain that on other forums and apparrently it's hard to understand that a class 10 UHS 1 give minimum 10 Mo/s (Mbytes/s) and 35 Mbits/s /8 = 4.4 Mo/s so everything is allright. Even at 50Mbit/s or 60Mbit/s it should be ok...

In theory I agree with both of you. I DO know that MB/s and Mb/s are different. Still, I had the samsung Pro and after testing it I sometimes got less than 10MB/s write speed, so I returned it. The problem is that, with the Yi camera writing multiple files after getting to ~1.95GB file can make lose a few seconds of the video (read about that in a few places). In any case I opted for the Kingston 90MB/80MB/s Read/Write as I found a good price for the 64GB version. Read a lot of good reviews about it too.

Hi folks! Can someone please point me to a custom 1.0.12 firmware for 23L with 35mbps?

Also, I read about 1080p 120fps being supported in a custom but didn't find any sample. Is that true? The battery life will probably be severely affected if it's even possible.

In theory I agree with both of you. I DO know that MB/s and Mb/s are different. Still, I had the samsung Pro and after testing it I sometimes got less than 10MB/s write speed, so I returned it. The problem is that, with the Yi camera writing multiple files after getting to ~1.95GB file can make lose a few seconds of the video (read about that in a few places). In any case I opted for the Kingston 90MB/80MB/s Read/Write as I found a good price for the 64GB version. Read a lot of good reviews about it too.

Until now I haven't noticed any frame loss between 2 files but I will check again. I use a simple Sandisk Ultra 32Go.
I assume you had a problem with your samsung Pro which is supposed to be very fast, at least regarding specifications.

I confirm no frame drop between several 1.85Go files @35Mb/s with a Sandisk Ultra 32Go class 10 UHS-I.

Don't know if it was a defective microsd (samsung evo, 48MB/s in theory) but checking with H2testw gave me only 10MB. I bought a 64GB kingston 90/80 instead as I managed to find it for a very competitive price.

In another matter, I tried doing a timelapse with the camera. It took a picture every 2 seconds like I wanted, but after connecting the camera to my computer to take the photos, I discovered that midway through taking pictures it made a new folder and started the file numbering anew... What gives? (It wasn't hard to rename them, but thats annoying as hell)

Don't know if it was a defective microsd (samsung evo, 48MB/s in theory) but checking with H2testw gave me only 10MB. I bought a 64GB kingston 90/80 instead as I managed to find it for a very competitive price.

In another matter, I tried doing a timelapse with the camera. It took a picture every 2 seconds like I wanted, but after connecting the camera to my computer to take the photos, I discovered that midway through taking pictures it made a new folder and started the file numbering anew... What gives? (It wasn't hard to rename them, but thats annoying as hell)

The 48MB/s is read speed. I tested my Evo 64GB with H2test and was getting 19Mbytes/s write speed with Intel i7 CPU. Just ordered one more from Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00IVPU7AOI formated it as FAT 32 using this tool: (my Norton Antyvirus was blocking it as a virus)
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=30748027&postcount=1022
and again, this card works great in my GoPro Hero 4 with 4k video files - much higher bitrate speed then in Xiaomi.
I also used it in Xiaomi with bitrate increased to 40Mbps in 1080p/60

where are you guys getting the new increased bitrate firmware files ?

where are you guys getting the new increased bitrate firmware files ?
they used to be in the first and some next posts, were removed since we may have different hardware in cameras. So the best way is to
make them. Read whole thread, you will find how.
this video may help:

Back