Xiaomi Yi Sports Camera - Custom Firmware (Base 1.0.7) - Bitrate Increased to 30Mbps all modes

looking inside the modded firmware with a hex editor it appears that it is indeed based on the rev .22 firmware.

Is there firmware modified base for Z22 version 1.0.12?
Edited, and what I found and installed. Thank you.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

Any plans (or is it even possible) to have the firmware support other modes in streaming? What are the current capabilities of streaming?

I'm trying the rtsp stream on VLC and at first (only once) I got 640x480. Then suddenly the next day, out of the blue, the streaming was at 432x240 and I'm not getting any audio stream on rtsp.

Sorry I've posted this in more than one thread, but in this thread I'm wondering if there are other firmware options and in the other thread I'm asking what the meaning of the streaming settings are.

thank you
Ricardo

This camera wi-fi has a very slow transfer speed and then a streaming support is limited. I measured about 200kB/s with the 1.0.9 firmware.

Thorroid I have 1.5Mb/s since firmware 1.09 (600ko/s before), maybe your problem is not coming from the cam?

We have a similar transfer speed if you mean 1.5Mbites/s. (1Byte=8bites).
I think it would be interesting to know which wifi adapter was used in this camera.

Last edited:
Then this is a very good speed far ahead of my and my friends wifi transfer rates.

Hello all. I am new to the forum so I hope this is the right place.

I was wondering how you all edit the firmware bitrate. I presume you don't really recode the whole thing. Do you use a hex editor for that? If so, what values do you need to change? Any help in the right direction would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Hello all. I am new to the forum so I hope this is the right place.

I was wondering how you all edit the firmware bitrate. I presume you don't really recode the whole thing. Do you use a hex editor for that? If so, what values do you need to change? Any help in the right direction would be really appreciated.

Thanks.
If you read the first pages, you will find the editor download link and a tutorial, how to use it.

Then this is a very good speed far ahead of my and my friends wifi transfer rates.

When I was running ffmpeg with the camera's rtsp it was reporting over 500kbit/s. But in any case, anyone know if the firmware might end up improving the streaming modes? There's a camera setting "dual stream status" which apparently is set on. In another thread it was said that this is not a changeable setting. Does anyone know what that setting means?

I've been able to get rtsp in both 640x480 and 432x240 modes but have no idea how the mode changed.

Found another way to change the bitrate without reflashing the firmware using an autoexec.ash script. It doesn't affect the camera permanently, once the autoexec.ash file is removed everything returns to stock.

For now only works on 1.0.9 firmware and rises the bitrate to 35Mbits/s. Beware, do not try using it on other firmware versions, only 1.0.9 or it could damage your camera.

Create an autoexec.ash file on the root of the SD card with content: writel 0xC05C1896 0X420C0000
followed by a blank line.

Is there a version of the latest custom firmware for the 22L revision?

***Update: Never mind. I worked out how to create my own :)

Last edited:
What's essentially the max bitrate one should run on this camera? I've thought about upping it more than 30 but I'm afraid of extra heat.

I'm having issues when using the camera on my quad. When I make a quicker turn sometimes it looks like it's stuttering. I'm using what I think is a pretty fast card (Samsung Evo 32GB "48MB/s")

Anyone here is using the Samsung EVO class 10? it's supposed to be 300x and with a 48MB/s. I tested it using H2testw and got around 16MB/s write and 12MB/s read, but that is because I only had an old adapter. Anyone can confirm that it is fast enough for recording at 30Mb/s? this is the card:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B00J29BR3Y

Anyone here is using the Samsung EVO class 10? it's supposed to be 300x and with a 48MB/s. I tested it using H2testw and got around 16MB/s write and 12MB/s read, but that is because I only had an old adapter. Anyone can confirm that it is fast enough for recording at 30Mb/s? this is the card:
Same card, I am getting ~ 21.7 MBytes/sec with my built-in MicroSD card reader on a MS Surface Pro 2.

There's a couple deals on Samsung Pro available locally that are supposed to be 90MByte/s read 50MByte/s write. May go pick one up to test the difference... now the real question is do I spend the extra on the 64gb or just get the 16gb. I only need about 10gb of space per day.

Well, I might go for the Pro then. Luckily I bought on Amazon and they never have problem with me returning stuff

Well, I might go for the Pro then. Luckily I bought on Amazon and they never have problem with me returning stuff
Went out and got the Pro. No issues with my video stuttering from what I have seen. Did a test on both the old and new card...

Samsung EVO 32gb UHS-I Grade1, Class 10
Warning: Only 30515 of 30516 MByte tested.
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 21.8 MByte/s
Reading speed: 42.3 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

Samsung Pro MicroSDXC UHS-I Grade1, Class 10
Warning: Only 61036 of 61037 MByte tested.
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 75.2 MByte/s
Reading speed: 79.8 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

I use this card in 64GB version, works good with 30Mbps

Back