Yellow sticker = fake Mobius?

DrB

Reaction score
Country
United States
I found a listing for a Mobius cam that has a yellow quality control sticker with black font, whereas my current cam has a white (with blue print) sticker.

Is that camera with the yellow sticker a fake? How do you determine if a Mobius cam is a knock-off?

I found a listing for a Mobius cam that has a yellow quality control sticker with black font, whereas my current cam has a white (with blue print) sticker.

Is that camera with the yellow sticker a fake? How do you determine if a Mobius cam is a knock-off?
If you buy from those sellers listed on this site no problem with any fakes. My new C2 has the same sticker as yours. So did my original one with A lens.

being in the USA I would only buy from the local seller, or from the manufacturer direct, there are some sellers around that sell the real one and the copy, that's a recipe for disaster

If you buy from those sellers listed on this site no problem with any fakes. My new C2 has the same sticker as yours. So did my original one with A lens.

When you say yours has "the same sticker", do you mean yours has a yellow sticker?

being in the USA I would only buy from the local seller, or from the manufacturer direct, there are some sellers around that sell the real one and the copy, that's a recipe for disaster
Do you have an example of a seller that sells a copy? How do you tell it is a copy?

But it's marked with a different name? Are there sellers advertising a Mobius, and sending these clones? Just curious.

When you say yours has "the same sticker", do you mean yours has a yellow sticker?
No, I said that mine had the same white sticker as yours. I do not know whether the sticker color is significant, or not. Mine is authentic and was purchased from Buymobius.com. Buying from the list of approved sellers would be the safe way to go.

Here is the eBay listing. Seller is "efundeal".

I have asked twice if this is an authentic Mobius - they never replied. They use different Mobius pictures in their listing, mixed with images of their own yellow-sticker cam.

Their yellow-sticker cam has a lens that doesn't look like the standard Mobius A lens. Probably fake. I am not buying it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/121711902838

price is inconsistent with US market sellers, has to be suss, I've seen a copy of these last year in Hong Kong and it looked exactly the same, not exactly a difficult look to duplicate I guess, given the simplicity of it I'd say it would be very easy to get dudded, don't buy anywhere other than the approved sellers list is the best way

Here is the eBay listing. Seller is "efundeal".

I have asked twice if this is an authentic Mobius - they never replied. They use different Mobius pictures in their listing, mixed with images of their own yellow-sticker cam.

Their yellow-sticker cam has a lens that doesn't look like the standard Mobius A lens. Probably fake. I am not buying it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/121711902838

Another seller just popped up on eBay with the same listing as non-responsive seller "efundeal": "hobby_cool_usa". This seller uses the same listing as efundeal: cameras with yellow QC sticker, inconsistent product images mixing various Mobius models. Another fake?

Ordered 3 from Banggood's US warehouse at a reasonable price not much higher than those of the questionable eBay listings :)

Based on the fact GearBest also advertise the "Mobius C2" (http://www.gearbest.com/m-goods-id-219132.htm?islan=1), I'd be wary of buying the EKOO one. If it was Mobius they would advertise as such, like they do the C2.

I've messaged GearBest on here who tell me they're an authorised Mobius dealer, however I'm still trying to confirm that with Mobius themselves before I decide whether to buy from GearBest.

I'm currently weighing up that option too, Jokiin.

GB have them at $69 shipped, whereas Mobius have them at $92 + shipping (ACTIONCAM-BUCKS code for 10% off that, so $83)

I'm just trying to get in touch with Mobius for some advice before I buy. :)

... decide whether to buy from GearBest.

As you're in the UK, the logical route is to buy from a Mobius-approved UK-based seller. I bought my first Mobius from JooVuu & the second from Webbex.

If you're unlucky & get a faulty camera, you only have to post it within the UK. Plus you have the protection of UK Consumer Law.

Buy from a foreign seller & you get it cheaper upfront, but no consumer protection, & a load of delay, hassle & expense if you have to post it abroad.

Jokiin, is that actual Mobius' eBay page, not a reseller?

Back