Yi 1.2.6 Firmware video sample

Lovely Koi pond.
Yeah, distance is slightly soft - like many other Yi cameras.

:( tried to focus it as much as I could... this was the best I could go for is it normal not being able to focus it even more ?

Also this is filmed with 1080p at 60fps not sure if that makes any difference... have not tried 30fps

Last edited:
what this this script do?

Set WB on the cam startup and lock WB, and scene 14 nutsey says it gives a little bit more quality... so I added that anyway...

Hey, here is a link to download a pdf pattern and focus your lense. The pdf download is found in the summary section. It worked well for me.

cheers

Just ried focusing with that...

Screenshot_5_zpsbyi7sgh3.jpg

this was the result... humm

cheers

Just ried focusing with that...

Screenshot_5_zpsbyi7sgh3.jpg

this was the result... humm

I never used a photo to focus mine. I used video mode and hooked the camera to a tv via hdmi. So, not sure if that focus is good or not. On the video i got a bit sharper center and focused from about 7 to 8 feet away, but I mainly use mine for quadcopter video. Also you want to have decent light....it looks like you did the focusing inside which I would not recommend as you will never get enough light to see the full detail. Put up another video we can compare for after refocus.

If you want to focus, just zoom the camera, you can see them pixels more easily and you can focus it better even via hdmi

The picture I posted is a frame I grabbed from the video I did after focusing.

The picture I posted is a frame I grabbed from the video I did after focusing.

When you were focusing it did you turn the lens both directions to find the point where the blur gets bigger on both ends of the spectrum? After finding those two points you can then watch the blur area as it focuses into a tighter point where the center looks kind of like an eye. You may have done this, but its hard to tell from a video still grab. From what I saw with mine it looks like you could get that blur area a bit smaller towards the center, but like I said...we are not seeing what you saw. Post another video from after the refocus that we can compare to your original. Of course if you are satisfied with it then that is all that really matters.

Back