Yi hacked resolution 2304x1296 30fps 35Mbits

what's the top write speed microsd Yi support? class?

what's the top write speed microsd Yi support? class?
How higher the writing speed of a MicroSD card, the better it is ofcourse. Yi support up to 64GB Class 10.

Very cool when it works, eh?
Realize that if you choose another resolution from the menu choices, you'll lose the 2304 option. It's not persistent and doesn't appear as a menu choice. It only is available just after a reboot.

... and now it doesn't work any more. :(
I even added the extra blank line at the end like mentioned above, still no joy.

so far is there people that bricked their yi with all those script around ?

... and now it doesn't work any more. :(
I even added the extra blank line at the end like mentioned above, still no joy.

You use Windows, right? I use Macs.
The program (or app) I use to edit the autoexec.ash files on my Mac is named Sublime Text. It produces Unix compatible files like those needed to edit and create the script files for this camera.
You can download a Windows version of a free trial version of Sublime Text from the Sublime Text website here. But, if you browse through this thread, you'll find mentioned several other Windows apps that are recommended. I believe if you use the right text editor, you'll solve the problem you're having. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
On mac, you can download some script from the forum, modifiy and save using textedit (included with OSX)... Is how i do it! And it works

You use Windows, right? I use Macs.
The program (or app) I use to edit the autoexec.ash files on my Mac is named Sublime Text. It produces Unix compatible files like those needed to edit and create the script files for this camera.
You can download a Windows version of a free trial version of Sublime Text from the Sublime Text website here. But, if you browse through this thread, you'll find mentioned several other Windows apps that are recommended. I believe if you use the right text editor, you'll solve the problem you're having. :)

Yes Windows.
I should have been more clear with what I wrote sorry - The camera is still working perfectly, it's just that I can't get the 2K resolution again. I save the copy of your .ash file before using it, so I could put a 'virgin' copy on the SD card every time if I needed to. After the first successful 2K test, I started the camera again and it'd only record in 1080P. No big deal, I thought, just copy the virgin ash file over again.
But even after a couple of tries the camera still wouldn't run in 2K.
So I added the blank line at the end of your script, still no luck.

No big deal really, I'm sure that Xiaomi will come up some time soon with an official 2K firmware version. It's just be nice to do it reliably now.

Last edited by a moderator:
just wondering what extacly does the sharpness scrip do? how does it make things sharper and for what distance does it do things sharper?
sharpening script:
#t ia2 -adj tidx [ev_idx][nf_idx][shutter_idx]", "-1 disable"
#looks like the values are between 0-16383 (0x0000-0x3FFF)
#set noise reduction value to 2048
t ia2 -adj tidx -1 2048 -1

Hi,
i'm gonna receive my Yi this week or the next one. I just wanna know if there is any tutorial to show how modify the firmware in order to increase the bitrate ?

Thank you :)

... I save the copy of your .ash file before using it, so I could put a 'virgin' copy on the SD card every time if I needed to ...

Shouldn't need to do that. the .ash file is not altered or deleted from the card unless you do it.

Shouldn't need to do that. the .ash file is not altered or deleted from the card unless you do it.

Well, I didn't change anything and the .ash file doesn't do its trick any more unfortunately. :(

Well, I didn't change anything and the .ash file doesn't do its trick any more unfortunately. :(

You can still download the attachment I posted earlier and try that if you don't still have the .zip file.

Last edited:
You can still download the attachment I posted earlier and try that if you don't still have at the .zip file.

That's the one I've added to the SD car a couple times, with no success.
Thanks for trying anyway.

You can still download the attachment I posted earlier and try that if you don't still have at the .zip file.

Okay so I downloaded that Zip file again, unzipped the .ash file again, put it on the SD card again ..... and now it works, again.
Beats the crap outa me .....

Okay so I downloaded that Zip file again, unzipped the .ash file again, put it on the SD card again ..... and now it works, again.
Beats the crap outa me .....
Yikes!

Hello, first post here with a request :
Is there a script which 1 second after starting the camera, captures a photo and then switches and waits in record mode.
Also, is there a way to take pictures while capturing video ?

Hello, first post here with a request :
Is there a script which 1 second after starting the camera, captures a photo and then switches and waits in record mode.
Also, is there a way to take pictures while capturing video ?

Something like this.
You have to set the camera to boot in capture mode.

Code:
sleep 9
t app key shutter
sleep 2
t app key cap_rec_switch
sleep 3
t app key record

PS Remove the app key record to not start recording automatically.

just wondering what extacly does the sharpness scrip do? how does it make things sharper and for what distance does it do things sharper?
sharpening script:
#t ia2 -adj tidx [ev_idx][nf_idx][shutter_idx]", "-1 disable"
#looks like the values are between 0-16383 (0x0000-0x3FFF)
#set noise reduction value to 2048
t ia2 -adj tidx -1 2048 -1

Itzik - that script just lowers the default noise reduction of the camera. You should try it out to see what I mean.

When shooting in low light, the camera compensates by raising its ISO, or artificial brightness gain. This adds noise to the image, which the camera automatically removes - but removing this noise makes the image a little 'muddier'.

Personally, I found the noise reduction script not necessarily useful for my purposes - in a situation where it would be taking effect (low light), I'm not sure if I really prefer noisy footage to muddy footage... I'd just have to De-noise it in post anyway.

No script is going to help the focus of your camera. If you camera is out of focus you need to adjust the lens.

Jason

How to use 1080p 30fps 35mbits v1.2 firmware? my modell:Z23L

How to use 1080p 30fps 35mbits v1.2 firmware? my modell:Z23L
Since you're posting to a thread about scripts, I'll assume you already have the appropriate script. If not, just say so.
All scripts have the same name: autoexec.ash
- Copy the script to the root level of the microSD card you will use in your camera.
- With the card in the camera, start the camera.
- As the camera starts, it will read the autoexec.ash file and adjust values for the camera according to the script.
- Select the 1080/30 resolution, shoot a test video and analyze the results.

Back