Yi hacked resolution 2304x1296 30fps 35Mbits

@basior: try downloading a script from github and using it (for your correct firmware version) without modification.

@all:
would this give 1296p at 50mbps?
#set video resolution to 2304x1296
writeb 0xC0697626 0x02

#set bitrate to 50Mb/s
writew 0xC05C1006 0x4248

What the... Downloaded ready ash for 2k resolution at 25mbps 30fps and it worked.
Need to install notepad ++ to check if I can paste noise script lines in it, since in psp pad somehow that doesn't work.

I just tried to get 2K video on mine, doesn't seem to work.
I used the script ...
+#set video resolution to 2304x1296 30fps
2 +writeb 0xC06CE446 0x02
3 +
4 +#set bitrate to 30Mb/s
5 +writew 0xC05C1006 0x41F0

... saved that with Notepad++ in Unix format (it saved it as *.sh, no option for *.ash) with I renamed as autoexec.ash then put that file in the root directory of the SD card.
Booted the camera, connected it to my mobile phone, there's no option for 2K resolution. I recorded a quick video and checked the resolution, still at 1920 x 1080.
It's a Z221 serial number camera. 1.20 firmware.

So what's the trick?

Last edited:
If those + characters are in your script, they shouldn't be.

If those + characters are in your script, they shouldn't be.

Okay .... I changed it to this ...

#set video resolution to 2304x1296 30fps
writeb 0xC06CE446 0x02
#set bitrate to 30Mb/s
writew 0xC05C1006 0x41F0

Still no difference. :(

I just copied the text above and made an autoexec.ash file using the script parts you provided. I put that on my SD card and started the camera with it.
Worked fine. So, I'm guessing there's something wrong with the text tool you're using - that it's not producing Unix compatible files or something.
So, look for a setting or property that will force Unix compatibility. I used a Mac, with a Unix-specific text tool.
If you still can't get it to work, I'm providing the file I made, as an attachment below. (ash file.zip) Give it a go, if you need to. Oh, yeah, this is for firmware version 1.20, right? That's what I haves on my camera.

Attachments

• ash file.zip
    404 bytes · Views: 57
I just copied the text above and made an autoexec.ash file using the script parts you provided. I put that on my SD card and started the camera with it.
Worked fine. So, I'm guessing there's something wrong with the text tool you're using - that it's not producing Unix compatible files or something.
So, look for a setting or property that will force Unix compatibility. I used a Mac, with a Unix-specific text tool.
If you still can't get it to work, I'm providing the file I made, as an attachment below. (ash file.zip) Give it a go, if you need to. Oh, yeah, this is for firmware version 1.20, right? That's what I haves on my camera.

Yes that works now thanks!
There's still no option on my phone to select the high-resolution but it's there in the details and when I check the recorded file it really is the right resolution.

Very cool when it works, eh?
Realize that if you choose another resolution from the menu choices, you'll lose the 2304 option. It's not persistent and doesn't appear as a menu choice. It only is available just after a reboot.

Very cool when it works, eh?
Realize that if you choose another resolution from the menu choices, you'll lose the 2304 option. It's not persistent and doesn't appear as a menu choice. It only is available just after a reboot.

Yep I figured since it wasn't in the options in the app on my phone if I selected the 1080P option it'd disappear until I booted the camera again.
Thanks again.

Ok, you need to tell EXACTLY what settings you use in notepad++, because I'm going mental here.
If I paste ready ash file you guys provide in my SD card they work, but If I try do mine in n++ or try to paste some lines (provided on previous pages) like noise reductions etc they never work.
So currently in settings I've got UNIX format and ANSI coding. If I switch to utf-8 it doesn't make any difference. And ready file I save as unix *.sh file since there's no *ash option.
Ideas?

You have to make a new document in notpepad++ and paste there.

A bit more advanced would be to replace every 0x0D0A with 0x0A with a hex editor. This replaces every "\r\n" to "\n" in autoexec.ash.

you have to select UNIX file type and make sure you put newline at the end of the file (press enter on last line)!!! (geez, how many times do we need to say that? :D)

Using Notepad++ without properly setting the file parameters is like doing brain surgery with a kitchen knife...

Dont forget to add
rm \DCIM\100MEDIA\*thm.mp4
Hate those useless thumbnail videos.

Though for some reason my camera seems to always uses 103MEDIA. even though iv formatted the sd card, and updated the camera a few times.

1. upgraded to 1.2.0. upgraded Android app 1.8. trying to get 2k hack to work using autoexec.sh on root for 1.2fw. still stuck on 1080. only the ios app can select the 2k option?
2. is there a way to disable the thumbnail video?

1. upgraded to 1.2.0. upgraded Android app 1.8. trying to get 2k hack to work using autoexec.sh on root for 1.2fw. still stuck on 1080. only the ios app can select the 2k option?
2. is there a way to disable the thumbnail video?
Nah ah. Android can use the 2K aswell. Please dont forget to use the right "method". Place an enter after the last textline so you get an empty line. Please notice: I placed the noise reduction to the 2K aswell just to make it more sharp.
I marked the not-neccessary party with "#not neccessary part"
5c179969d8d692a50c4b9829c1fdb3ca.png

Code:
writeb 0xC06CE446 0x02

#set bitrate to 30Mb/s
writew 0xC05C1006 0x41F0

#not neccessary part
#t ia2 -adj tidx [ev_idx][nf_idx][shutter_idx]", "-1 disable"
#looks like the values are between 0-16383 (0x0000-0x3FFF)
#set noise reduction value to 2048
t ia2 -adj tidx -1 2048 -1

Last edited:
Nah ah. Android can use the 2K aswell. Please dont forget to use the right "method". Place an enter after the last textline so you get an empty line. Please notice: I placed the noise reduction to the 2K aswell just to make it more sharp.
I marked the not-neccessary party with "#not neccessary part"
5c179969d8d692a50c4b9829c1fdb3ca.png

Code:
writeb 0xC06CE446 0x02

#set bitrate to 30Mb/s
writew 0xC05C1006 0x41F0

#not neccessary part
#t ia2 -adj tidx [ev_idx][nf_idx][shutter_idx]", "-1 disable"
#looks like the values are between 0-16383 (0x0000-0x3FFF)
#set noise reduction value to 2048
t ia2 -adj tidx -1 2048 -1

thanks. 2k ready

Back