Yi hacked resolution 2304x1296 30fps 35Mbits

hello, maybe I'll be the same to ask, but I wanted to ask you something .. let alone script, yi the room could shoot video at 4K?
In English: don't use Google Translate!! "Room" it's not "camera". In english the italian word "camera" is also "camera"...
Anyway, not.. The 4k it's to much for the Yi... If you think about GoPro, only the Black Edition can shoot in 4K...

In Italiano: non usare Google Translate! "room" non è la traduzione giusta di "camera".. Lascia "camera" anche in inglese..
In ogni caso, no.. Il 4K è troppo per la Yi... Considera che ci vuole una Gopro Black per fare i video in 4k..

In English: don't use Google Translate!! "Room" it's not "camera". In english the italian word "camera" is also "camera"...
Anyway, not.. The 4k it's to much for the Yi... If you think about GoPro, only the Black Edition can shoot in 4K...

In Italiano: non usare Google Translate! "room" non è la traduzione giusta di "camera".. Lascia "camera" anche in inglese..
In ogni caso, no.. Il 4K è troppo per la Yi... Considera che ci vuole una Gopro Black per fare i video in 4k..

In English: ok thanks information .. another thing , you know if someone has created the script for the 1440p ?
I found the various strings and I have overwritten with the notepad on the script of the 2k , but it did not work .. I guess I'll have to wait for someone to create at this point ..

In Italiano: ok grazie dell'informazione.. un'altra cosa, sai se qualcuno ha creato lo script per il 1440p?
Ho trovato le varie stringhe e l'ho sovrascritte con il notepad sullo script del 2k, ma non hanno funzionato.. mi sa che dovrò aspettare che qualcuno lo crei a sto punto..

In English: ok thanks information .. another thing , you know if someone has created the script for the 1440p ?
I found the various strings and I have overwritten with the notepad on the script of the 2k , but it did not work .. I guess I'll have to wait for someone to create at this point ..

In Italiano: ok grazie dell'informazione.. un'altra cosa, sai se qualcuno ha creato lo script per il 1440p?
Ho trovato le varie stringhe e l'ho inserite/sostitute con il notepad sullo script del 2k, ma non hanno funzionato.. mi sa che dovrò aspettare che qualcuno lo crei a sto punto..

I know only the 2K script... I think other bigger resolutions are too much for Yi...

Attachments

• autoexec.zip
    255 bytes · Views: 55
ofc it can shoot in 4k. PHOTOS. Why don't you read its specs before asking?

One question, following the discussion:
Are the 2k true (brings new details), or is it just an upscale?
Thanks

The sensor and the chip do not support 4k resolution.

Hello,
I've tested many scripts in my cam with 1.2.6 and with 1.0.12 and they didn't work.
Last I tested was this:
#set video resolution to 2304x1296 30fps
writeb 0xC0697626 0x02
#set bitrate to 35Mb/s
writew 0xC05C28A6 0x420C

taken from https://github.com/funneld/XiaomiYi...esolution/2304x1296_30fps_35Mbps/autoexec.ash
This script works with the 1.0.12 firmware version, but not with the 1.2.6 firmware version because Xiaomi changed the addresses, C0697626 and C05C28A6, to different locations in the later version. Funnel has provided packages of scripts revised for the appropriate firmware versions, for our convenience. Use the correct package for the firmware version you are using in your camera and you'll have no trouble.

Yeah, about that I used Funnel's script for 1.2.0 (apparently the same for 1.2.6) and it doesn't work.
Is there really no change between 1.2.0 and 1.2.6 ?

Or have they added changes between versions of the camera ?
Or is it because I used a modded 1.2.6 with a higher bitrate ?

Thanks for the much appreciated help

... As for the VI, I have no Idea what this is ^^

Just FYI ... Vi (rhymes with "high") is a text editor created nearly 40 years ago for the UNIX operating system. Stone-age tools for the modern man! (Perfectly suited for this job, though.) :)

Yeah, about that I used Funnel's script for 1.2.0 (apparently the same for 1.2.6) and it doesn't work.
Is there really no change between 1.2.0 and 1.2.6 ?

Or have they added changes between versions of the camera ?
Or is it because I used a modded 1.2.6 with a higher bitrate ?

Thanks for the much appreciated help
I stopped using modded firmware when I went to 1.2.0, being content with the results of the scripts funnel provides.
Like you, I tried making my own scripts, but decided I didn't have enough info to go off on my own... ;)
Has Xiaomi changed addresses or parameters between firmware versions 1.2.0 and 1.2.6? I don't know, but funnel seems to say no changes, so I'm sticking with him. Hope he doesn't slip into a black hole somewhere! :)

hi, I'm new there... I can tell scripts for 1.2.0 are working well with 1.2.6 . At least on my Z23L.
Thanks.
Copied from funnel's gitHub and don't forget to add a blank line at the end of the script.

Hm, this seems the best thread to mention it...
Well, for you, techjunkies, sensor used in Yi is IMX081PQ Sony Exmor R
And the reason why it looks bit blurry in 1080@60p is that it uses AVERAGING for up to 4x4 pixels. If you use 30p, it can handle the "traffic" better...

Who's interested, then THERE is some more info directly from Sony.

This script works with the 1.0.12 firmware version, but not with the 1.2.6 firmware version because Xiaomi changed the addresses, C0697626 and C05C28A6, to different locations in the later version. Funnel has provided packages of scripts revised for the appropriate firmware versions, for our convenience. Use the correct package for the firmware version you are using in your camera and you'll have no trouble.
Thank you for your answer.
I used the correct script for each version. I had 1.0.12 and I used 1.0.12 scripts version from github repository. Then, I upgraded to 1.2.6 and I tried with 1.2.6 version scripts.
None worked. Maybe the blank line that nklh mentionen was missing.
I will test again.
Greetings.

Back