Yi hacked resolution 2304x1296 30fps 35Mbits

How do you monitor the temp?

With external temp sensor

It's possible many reflex have such limitation to 15minuts video mode to don't overheat your sensor. If something is getting to hot maybe there is some security somewhere.
the DSP is guaranteed for 1080P 60P video so it sure can do more but maybe not for a long time.
I usually don't record long rush.
And, I don't plan to use the xiaomi in Sport Situations for now.

There is definitely a limitation to bitrate after a while.

I was recording at 2k 35mbps (monitoring temperature) and after a while (~15minutes) bitrate dropped to ~20mbps

Can anyone else confirm this?
Its not themperature , its firmware... and sdcard record speed limits. On firmware 1.0.12 bitrate is stable. With more speedy sdcards more stable recording with high bitrate ( i use 40mbit cbr and 1.0.12 firmware , and strontium nitro sdxc, and dont have problem).

Last edited:
Could someone that has some skills in these kind of edit take a look at this firmware from my camera to check where the resolution table is stored and eventually how to use (where to write) autoexec.ash to change them? Many thanks

It's a firmware base on ambarella A5s chipset, my goal would be to achieve 1920 * 1080 60p.

http://www4.zippyshare.com/v/dxNIUpTZ/file.html

yet chip datasheet says otherwise. What do you make of that? ;)

I think the question wasn't "what do you make of fullHD" but "what do you make about that in the datasheet."
If it's reference firm as exist reference design for OEM an else. some part may be common for multiple SOC.
It might support it somehow but if it's not in the datasheet may not.
Sometimes you can activate things as they are already implemented (even not used), otherwise you have to implement them by yourself. And this will require higher skill and ressources than to simply modify adress or value in memory.

I think the question wasn't "what do you make of fullHD" but "what do you make about that in the datasheet."
If it's reference firm as exist reference design for OEM an else. some part may be common for multiple SOC.
It might support it somehow but if it's not in the datasheet may not.
Sometimes you can activate things as they are already implemented (even not used), otherwise you have to implement them by yourself. And this will require higher skill and ressources than to simply modify adress or value in memory.
Yes, that's why i ask to an expert if could take a look at the firmware. In the bitrate table that I've already modded to fit my needs, first 3 values refer to full hd 60p. I am not able to find where the resolution are stored and how the cam manage them to activate one or another

@StevenQX: what @nklh & me are trying to say is that if the HW does not support it, you can have anything in the fw (even 8k@1000fps), but that won't change a thing.

@StevenQX: what @nklh & me are trying to say is that if the HW does not support it, you can have anything in the fw (even 8k@1000fps), but that won't change a thing.
I understand and i know that if the hw don't support i can't do anything. But as i wrote A590S support it.

And anyway, my request is if someone is able to find the address to manage resolutions to help me and others, full hd 60p is one of them but there are some others interesting. My problem is that i'm not able to find the address of the resolutions...

Like i told, i've found and edited the bitrate table instead

Last edited:
There is a function in XiaoYi Cam mobile-app: "Find Camera".
If click this function, the camera will continue to beep.

edited: should be "buzzer beep" ?

Last edited:
its a config setting - you can find it in C&C "buzzer beep"

T
I understand and i know that if the hw don't support i can't do anything. But as i wrote A590S support it.

And anyway, my request is if someone is able to find the address to manage resolutions to help me and others, full hd 60p is one of them but there are some others interesting. My problem is that i'm not able to find the address of the resolutions...

Like i told, i've found and edited the bitrate table instead

The resolution address in the a5s firmware you posted should be 0xC0914EA6. Found at 0xC02C0748 > 0xC0914EA0+6, default is set to 0x01. Default values at 0xC06FECE0.

T

The resolution address in the a5s firmware you posted should be 0xC0914EA6. Found at 0xC02C0748 > 0xC0914EA0+6, default is set to 0x01. Default values at 0xC06FECE0.
First of all many thanks funnel. These are memory values right? To find them in the firmware i've to subtract C0100000?

First of all many thanks funnel. These are memory values right? To find them in the firmware i've to subtract C0100000?

I can't tell you it'll work without having the cam. Try "writeb 0xC0914EA6 0x00", 0x01, 0x02, ... and see if the resolution mode changes at all. If it doesn't I can't help you.

I can't tell you it'll work without having the cam. Try "writeb 0xC0914EA6 0x00", 0x01, 0x02, ... and see if the resolution mode changes at all. If it doesn't I can't help you.

Thanks funnel. I'll try later today when at home.

thanks @funnel for all work and script, one question, i have firmware 1.0.12 after read that is the best performance for 2K and another resolution, but in the aplication, 2K resolution not appear in combo box to select, is this normal ? My yi camera es 23L model and the application is the last in android google play.

The camera can save videos in 2K without problems at 35mbps, but only this resolution not appear in combo box to select, only the standard resolution, i don't know if this is the normal behaviour.

Thanks in advance.

thanks @funnel ...
The camera can save videos in 2K without problems at 35mbps, but only this resolution not appear in combo box to select, only the standard resolution, i don't know if this is the normal behaviour.

Thanks in advance.

The application resolution selection menu won't be able to show the 2K resolution. Very normal :)
To shoot in 2K, you will always have to restart the Yi with the autoexe.ash if you have changed the resolution to anything else from the app.

Also Guys, got my XiYi a couple of days back.
Then, thanks to this place, made myself a 35mbps 1.2.6 FW for my Z221 series camera.
I have not faced any loss of charge when off. I am pretty happy with the mike. Focus looks OK but only a morning shot can confirm I guess.
Could you have a look and say if things look fine when compared to your Yis ?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/crowic0kqt25zan/YDXJ7800.mp4?dl=0

Anything else that you would suggest, provided primarily it will be used as a motorcycle camera in broad daylight ?

Back