Yi hacked resolution 2304x1296 30fps 35Mbits

For Windows users having trouble getting the autoexec.ash files to work...

I know it has been posted before, however "use UNIX format" might not be enough info for everybody.
A couple of pages back in this thread someone saved their file as UNIX script file in the file menu and noted there wasn't any *.ash suffix to select but only *.sh and *.bsh. By doing so you just change the file suffix but not the format of the EOL setting which is what actually matters.

1) Use Notepad++
2) Create/load/paste/edit file as desired
3) Menu: View - Show Symbol - Show End of Line (most likely, you will now see [CR][LF] at the end of each line)
4) Menu: Edit - EOL Conversion - Convert to UNIX Format ([CR] symbols are now gone, only [LF] symbols at the end of each line)
5) Save file as autoexec.ash (filetype can be "normal text file" or anything) and copy to root of SD card

If this doesn't help at least you know it's not the format but the contents of the file itself that's wrong :)

@VIIVIIXII:
resolutions above 2304x1296 are upscaled and useless.
2304 is not possible above 30fps.

Guys, anyone here that has a working script for 2304x1296 at the highest bitrate for version 1.2.6?
I tried funnels script directly from github, saved as raw autoexec.ash.
It changes the resolution, but the resulting video is 8-10Mbps, instead of 40.
I tried changing to 35 and 60 mbps via editing, too.
No change. Still Ridiculously low Bitrate, even in broad daylight scenes.

Any suggestions?

@VIIVIIXII:
resolutions above 2304x1296 are upscaled and useless.
2304 is not possible above 30fps.

Guys, anyone here that has a working script for 2304x1296 at the highest bitrate for version 1.2.6?
I tried funnels script directly from github, saved as raw autoexec.ash.
It changes the resolution, but the resulting video is 8-10Mbps, instead of 40.
I tried changing to 35 and 60 mbps via editing, too.
No change. Still Ridiculously low Bitrate, even in broad daylight scenes.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the response. Is it possible to set 2304 x 1296p 30fps to a custom bitrate of 16Mbps? Youtube seems to recommend this, and I don't want to worry about the camera overheating of failing prematurely.

You dont want this. 16Mbps in Camera looks so ugly it is unbelievable.
Get a 64gb sd card and get the highest bitrate you can, as the internal encoder is sooo bad.
Overheating does not seem to come from high bitrates.
funnel has a 20mbps script if you want to use it. (github link in this thread.)

@Andrés : Looks out of focus to me. The absurd amount of sharpening the camera puts on the jpg makes this hard to see. But once you shoot some RAW photos you realize how blurred this is.
I corrected my focus yesterday and it was a very good decision. highly recommended.

@Andrés : Looks out of focus to me. The absurd amount of sharpening the camera puts on the jpg makes this hard to see. But once you shoot some RAW photos you realize how blurred this is.
I corrected my focus yesterday and it was a very good decision. highly recommended.

Hey Schnurbi, that confirms what I thought, thanks for your reply. How did you shoot RAW? if it was with a script do you just put them on the SD card or what is the process? Im really new at this :p

Hey it seems like with the newest firmware version (1.10.1) both of your uploaded files don't work anymore. Can you reupload one again that might work with it? I would love to take some 2k drone footage as the weather is pretty cold and windy at the moment i don't think it will get too heated, in fact it does get pretty heated even with the normal video modes..
cheers

or at least this is the version on my phone while on my tablet i have 10.9 but without a 0 in between and none auf the autoexecs work :(

Last edited:
@Andrés look at my post above, there you find instructions for RAW. ;)

@heldolein 1.10.1 is the version of the app. you can see your camera firmware version in the camera settings inside the app.
just update your cam to newest version (1.2.6) and download scripts without modifying them. put script on root of sd. it will work. :)

Hello,
I'm new and just got my yi. I'm currently on firmware 1.2.6
If I understand correctly I can take a autoexec.ash file from the first post and place it at the sd card's root. Now every time I start the camera, it will come up with those video settings.
Now I've got a few questions.
If I were to select the 2304x1296_30fps_35Mbps ash file and put it on my sd card.
1) Can I still switch between photo and video mode? And if so, can I still boot in photo mode?
2) Can I go into settings menu on the app and select 1080p and make a movie and after a few minutes return to 2304x1296 (without rebooting or removing the ash file from the sd)?
3) When I put the 2304x1296 ash file on the sd-card, will it always boot up in 2304x1296? (Can't I just still boot up in 1080p and only change with the app when I want the higher resolution?)
4) Does anybody have the PAL versions (25p and 50p) of these ash files? (I know today there isn't much reason to use 50p instead of 60p, but I'll be mixing these clips with other 50p movies and I want the best result)
5) I haven't got my sd card yet, so I couldn't test the yi yet, but what's the max bitrate at 1080p 50fps?

Thanks in advance :)
Sorry if these are really newb questions

Last edited:
Whoever opened these cams of worms and its software is a step in the right direction for the user friendly.

@bosiwow
1) you can, you can.
2) no.
3) always 1296p. you switch, its gone.
4) You dont need another version. just switch the cam to PAL.
5) For me, bitrates above 40-45mbps start to drop frames.
BONUS: 50p is less sharp than 25p.

For everyone: Now it is possible to run FTP-Server via autoexec and change scripts with your smartphone. :)

Schnurbi, thank you for the reply!
Sorry, but I've got some other questions:
1) If I want the high bitrate mod, I download the right ash file from this thread. But if I also want the jpeg+RAW mod, can I just download that ash file and concatenate them and put it on the sd?
2) Is there some kind of check I can use to see if frames where dropped? (Maybe your frames where dropped because of your sd card speed, do you want to share which you're using?)
3) You said 50p is less sharp than 25p, is this also for 60p compared to 30p
4) What is the out of the box bitrate for 1080p 50 fps (without hacks)?

Sorry for all these questions :)

@bosiwow
1. Yes you can. The software functionalities remain as it is. No changes there.
2. Nope. As I told no changes to S/W so you would have to reboot the Yi to get back to 2K.
3. It will always boot in 2K till the autoexe.ash is still present.
4. No idea.
5. By default it is around 18/20mbps if I recall but I have been using a custom 1.2.6 so all my videos in HQ are 35 mbps.

Extra advice : Use notepad++ and save as .ash file under 'All files' with UTP as 'encoding' if you intend to make any changes. Also there should be an extra blank line at the end of the scripts to make them work.

Okay thank you,
Does anybody know the answer on these questions?

1) If I want the high bitrate mod, I download the right ash file from this thread. But if I also want the jpeg+RAW mod, can I just download that ash file and concatenate them and put it on the sd?
2) Is there some kind of check I can use to see if frames where dropped? (Maybe your frames where dropped because of your sd card speed, do you want to share which you're using?)
3) You said 50p is less sharp than 25p, is this also for 60p compared to 30p
4) Which mods/hack cause extra heat for the xiaomi yi and might be dangerous to use?

Also, Is there a mod that improves photo quality? (reduce noise etc. ?)

Yeah you can combine scripts and try different things. its fun!
I have high bitrate plus flat picture look plus raw capture and FTP server all in one script.
No check option. I use SAMSUNG EVO 64GB 48MB/s class 10. I think the camera controller is slower than the card.
yeah all frame rates above 30 fps are not true 1080p, they are upsampled from lower resolutions.

If you use the RAW Capture script, you will get premium photo quality, but you need photoshop, etc.

Okay, thank you for the post.

I'm convinced now that I shouldn't use 50p but use 25p instead.
I also saw in this thread that after 15 min the bitrate drops back from 35mbit to 20mbit when using the 1296p mod. Is this true, can anybody else confirm this?

Since I will be recording @ 25p, there isn't really a reason to stick with 1080p 25fps as 1296p is a higher resolution with the same fps.
Is heat a problem when using 1296p - 25fps - 35mbit? I'll be using this camera in an underwater enclosure in tempratures of around 30 celsius (86 fahrenheit).

I'm definitely interested in a RAW+JPEG option for photos. (I've got lightroom and did some photo editting before)

Has anyone tried these settings:
#YiMAX script by nutsey for 1.2.0 firmware
#vibrance/saturation adjustments
t ia2 -adj ev 0 0 140 0 0 150 0
#jpeg quality to 100%
t cal -jqlt 100
#shadow/highlight clipping adjustments
t ia2 -adj l_expo 163
t ia2 -adj autoknee 255
#set gamma level
t ia2 -adj gamma 220
#enable 14 scene mode
t cal -sc 14
#enable raw+jpeg stills
t app test debug_dump 14
#set noise reduction value to 1024
t ia2 -adj tidx -1 1024 -1

I'm wondering what "enable 14 scene mode" does and also if it is really worth changing these noise reduction values etc. ? My main goal is to have a RAW format of a picture that I really like. (I'll use JPEG most of the time but if I really got a nice picture I'll postprocess the RAW picture)

Last edited:
hey @bosiwow . I use these settings.
Noise reduction is for video only. I set it to 512, just because 0 gives too many artifacts.
RAW pictures will always be the same, no matter what the settings are.
all else you posted is for better videos.
mind you, they will look a lot less contrasty and vibrant, needs correction in post.

Back