Zenfox T3 recived

I do love the T3 gave me a taste of 1440p, i like that i want more of that.
Higher resolution can be addictive. Wait until you have tried a true 4K camera - 1080p will never feel the same again!

Once footage is out there on the web, anyone can use it ;)
Indeed. This video by (and featuring) @kamkar1 is being used for the T3 listing on Amazon.com (with permission)
Screenshot_20200909-210651-01.jpeg

At least it's recorded with the T3 rather than an A129 Pro.

Last edited:
yes they asked if they could use it, and i said be my guest.
Beside they would have to pay a lot and look for a long time to find a more pretty model for the cabin camera part.

The upscale to 4K is done by me, also in my personal upload, not Zenfox that have been creative, just me doing my best to help youtube not rape the footage too bad, and upscale in post are much worse then what youtube can do to footage.
I gave the raw file ( after post ) as a DL to Zenfox

talk of mounting the rear camera on the license plate does stand out as a strange remark from someone that had actually seen the product

Ya I saw that, too. I don't even know if the contributor / reporter had a Zenfox T3 on hand or was simply pulling a story out of thin air. Mounting it outside the car? I mean seriously? The rear camera is ABSOLUTELY not water proof!

Again, that reporter is a HACK and should be ashamed of reviewing / promoting a product where he clearly lacks expertise!

I suspect his review is at the right level for his readers!
Technically it is certainly not a great review, but that doesn't mean that he hasn't done his job well.
My point was that the Zenfox T3 is out there, and definitely not "Kaput" as suggested.

That is a bet you would lose ;)

Great and review can't even be used in the same sentence. The Forbes contributor is a hack. I mean the MORON claims the rear camera is waterproof and can be mounted on the license plate....I doubt that SHILL even had a product on hand to test, and if he did, spent 5 minutes with it.

Forbes fact checking department let this idiot through the door. Clearly their overall standards are lacking in the journalistic integrity department.

The Zenfox T3 isn't improved at all. The company is just doing whatever it can to mass market a flawed product. Sooner or later, this subsidiary of Viofo will fade to black when consumers get hip to their lack of quality.

That is a bet you would lose ;)

So says the person who WOULDN'T believe anyone that the camera overheated, because he lives in the "UK" where the sun rarely shines. Or the same person who linked us to a HACK article from Forbes. Showing us JUST HOW DESPERATE Zenfox is to gain exposure and offload it's low rent product.

Last edited:
talk of mounting the rear camera on the license plate does stand out as a strange remark from someone that had actually seen the product

FYI i got a myGeckoGear Orbit 960 to review + hardwire kit. I had a lapse of clarity. I installed the hardwire kit. Camera wouldn't work in parking mode. Thought OK, I screwed up. Trashed 3 fuse taps (GRR) thinking either they were bad or i did something wrong. Then it dawned on me (which I guess because I got frustrated), that what the hell, just break out an LED tester.

So I test the battery fuses (fuse tap) with the car off. It works fine. I test ACC with car off (no activity), then with car on (activity) and these work. So then i moved the hardwire kit to the 950. Same result. Their firmware or cameras don't work with their own hardwire kit. Ive emailed company, as it's 100% nothing I did wrong. Even though I killed 3 fuse taps before thinking clearly on proper testing. Duh.

My point here this would be like me giving a review saying Park Mode works perfectly on the 950 and 960. I could, but such shows a lack of integrity. Forbes should fire that idiot.

Seems to be on sale on Amazon with some good reviews, plus reviews in other places:

Definitely not kaput, feedback has been taken and the cooling improved.
I would say,,, Highly questionable "good reviews" that are nothing but shark bites.

Also, how can you prove the cooling has been improved?

I would say,,, Highly questionable "good reviews" that are nothing but shark bites.
Most dashcam reviews are highly questionable, except for the ones that are on dashcamtalk since they get very well peer reviewed!
Also, how can you prove the cooling has been improved?
I suppose the only way to do that is to test it... so who has one of the improved ones, and lives somewhere hot, and in the southern hemisphere so that we don't need to wait until next June for the result?

Of course it is still going to overheat when parked with no ventilation in an Australian summer, but hopefully not while driving now.

Most dashcam reviews are highly questionable, except for the ones that are on dashcamtalk since they get very well peer reviewed!

I suppose the only way to do that is to test it... so who has one of the improved ones, and lives somewhere hot, and in the southern hemisphere so that we don't need to wait until next June for the result?

Of course it is still going to overheat when parked with no ventilation in an Australian summer, but hopefully not while driving now.

You are a guy filled with assumptions. Who ever said they improved anything? There aren't any "improved ones" that we know of right now. Unless of course you have proof design changes were made. And I doubt you do.

Australian Summer? Hell, do you still not understand that 80% of the world has summer of at least 25C or hotter and that a car heats up fast? Can you not picture the world outside of the UK?

I honestly doubt there are many of these cameras out there, and my assumption is that the majority of those units are the sample units they gave away plus those sold and refunded on Amazon to fabricate such reviews.

I honestly doubt there are many of these cameras out there, and my assumption is that the majority of those units are the sample units they gave away plus those sold and refunded on Amazon to fabricate such reviews.

I concur. Most are shill reviews or refunded purchases to leave positive feedback. I doubt this company has many legitimate purchases. And the few who are will come to regret their purchase.

Usually people that buy a dashcam will have some questions about wiring, a feature that they don't understand, placement of the unit, memory compatibility issues, firmware updates and so on. And this is the most resourceful and popular forum/site to get help or provide feedback to the general public.
Have you notice the lack of new members with zenfox product inquiries for any particular reason? To me that is a huge tell tale sign but not surprising.

I have had a few showing interest on T3 videos of mine, i have had to exercise diplomacy and cautious advise

Same here...

Usually people that buy a dashcam will have some questions about wiring, a feature that they don't understand, placement of the unit, memory compatibility issues, firmware updates and so on. And this is the most resourceful and popular forum/site to get help or provide feedback to the general public.
Have you notice the lack of new members with zenfox product inquiries for any particular reason? To me that is a huge tell tale sign but not surprising.

There's zero new threads by any user other than us regarding the Zenfox T3. And a quick google would lead at least a few people to our forum. So ya, I think all the hype is through promotional products and refunds. It's very odd not a single purchaser has wondered here inquiring about the product.

Yet, your friend Nigel claims otherwise ;) (that they are well alive in business)

Yet, your friend Nigel claims otherwise ;) (that they are well alive in business)

I truly like the T3's design and originality. I want Zenfox (or Viofo's Sister company) to succeed, but everything these guys are doing is one misstep after another. Instead of focusing on resolving product issues, they are instead busy drumming up shill reviews. So what you're going to end up with is a LOT OF HYPE that will get deflated once REAL CUSTOMERS get their hands on things.

As while I utilize an HK3 hardwire kit, and no official kit exists for this camera, others are going to want parking mode support. Once this happens, the flaws will begin to shine. Plus, others on here without parking mode support have had their camera overheat.

The Zenfox T3 is like a lot of dotcoms in the early 2000s. Lots of hype and high valuations, until people started asking about their business and products. What we saw is most of these companies sinking like the Titanic and only ones with real ideas making it to the finish line.

It could be they knew our units was not 100 %, but they fixed that and moved on with production samples ?
Personally i am not a fan of the 2 in one format of the main unit, so the T3 too is not something i would buy and put on my windscreen, it is simply not stealthy enough.
I assume ( judging by # of followers / views ) that so called influencers ASO are able to shift sales, so make sense to seek out such options for brand / product awareness.
Personally i dont get such people, but some do rake in a ton of google money, which a person can indeed envy as at least to me it seem like easy money, but i do look at persons like that at least along the same lines as i look at drug pushers.
Also personally i dont get people can not see the problem with these online reviews, i have always been extremely apprehensive about reviews like that, even before the internet.
I can only assume it is related to my lifelong trust issues.

The hardware deployed in the T3 are bang on , so there zenfox surely did not fail.

Personally i am not a fan of the 2 in one format of the main unit,
It does make it easier to install, with one less cable and one less unit to position. Looking at a few of the Youtube videos, it seems the taxi/uber drivers really like the T3, some because it is very visible, some because it is easily hidden behind the mirror! But all because they get the rear camera which other taxi-cams don't have, and because all channels have good image quality. I've not come across reports of any problems yet, other than on here where people got very early units. Maybe we need to wait a while for more reviews, but it does appear to me to be a very good taxi camera. For private cars where 3 channels are wanted, I think there are better and more discrete options on the way. For example Blueskysea mentioned their W4K yesterday, amazing that they managed fit 3 channels, GPS, wifi and a 3.16 inch LCD screen into a camera the same size and shape as the B1W! Viofo mentioned today that they also have a 3 channel camera coming soon; that looks good too for people looking for the best image quality.

My Zenfox T3 has been very reliable, and has been producing good quality recordings. It is not the best fit for my car, but that will be different for every type of car, and I'm sure it is not the most heat resilient camera for parking mode in mid-summer, and it doesn't have the very best image quality available, that goes to the Viofo A129 Pro, but as a taxi-cam I think the Zenfox T3 is the best option currently available.

Rewind if you want more than the conclusion:

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sendoh_dash Zenfox 3
rcg530 Zenfox 12
kamkar Zenfox 7
R Zenfox 80
R Zenfox 4
Back