Zenfox T3 recived

Okay i have driven some days with the bitrate lowered to high, and that seem the same, so still at times the camera stop recording ( no beeping ) with 2 channels saved 1 second from the Front and Internal cameras, the rear camera do not get saved when the camera stop like that.
I have not been able to find any example of the camera starting to record on its own later on, the cases i have now the camera stop mid drive, and then 20 min or so later i set off from some place where i have been stopped.
I am using still default values aside for +2 for time zone - extreme and for this session high bitrate, and H.265 encode, and of course the Adata A2 memory card.

My 1/2 hour drive on Friday morning, well the drive to the gas station are saved, and about 3 minutes after i set off from there, but the rest of the drive ( 90 % ) are gone, and the next drive is me driving home again Saturday evening around midnight.

Here's a good example. I posted this in the main thread. My camera had "frozen" and dropped the interior camera 7minutes before I entered the car. When I started the car, and camera exited out of parking mode, the interior returned on it's own. From my own testing what I have discovered is that a complete power on / off or a cycle in power can bring the interior camera back to life. It will eventually return (or at least has in some tests) once the unit cools down. I can't say whether this is true on newest firmware. I've pretty much hit the ceiling on what we can do to test the camera.

I could pick up testing parking mode, but based on your guys experience i better save the money on a hard wire kit.
I am sticking to the very basic record while driving functionality, which a dashcam should be able to do at least.

It was only 17 deg C when i set off from home Friday morning, though during the day it did heat up a bit, so i have a partial boiled lobster color now :) and more summer in the cards for the Danes, maybe even heatwave which here have to be more than 3 days in a row with temperatures over 28 Deg C

That ( sandisk endurance ) dont work at all in mine, of course the camera will start ASO with it, but as i recall it was even more erratic when i used it.
Unless it is a size thing, it is just my 128GB card i have tried, i have a 256GB too, these endurance cards are at times damn cheap here in Denmark, so i just had to get one, and one of the WD purple cards too.

I am looking to get my hands on a extreme endurance too, but a load of expensive problems have again fallen upon me, so no financial frivolities this side of X mas it seem.

That ( sandisk endurance ) dont work at all in mine, of course the camera will start ASO with it, but as i recall it was even more erratic when i used it.
Unless it is a size thing, it is just my 128GB card i have tried, i have a 256GB too, these endurance cards are at times damn cheap here in Denmark, so i just had to get one, and one of the WD purple cards too.

I am looking to get my hands on a extreme endurance too, but a load of expensive problems have again fallen upon me, so no financial frivolities this side of X mas it seem.

I am using a 256GB Sandisk High Endurance. Unless you've got a fake / knockoff card, I've never had issue with mine.

I dont think its a knock off, i got it from the largest computer store in Denmark, or should i say Scandinavia, pro shop are pretty big now, i remember when it was 3 guys selling hardware out of a apartment.

It is also "working", but just as bad or maybe a bit worse as any memory card seem to be in my T3

I have lowered my bitrate to normal, so see if this will make the camera record all the time.

Still using the Adata A2 branded card, its the best one for my camera out of the 12 or so different cards i have.

I guess the zenfox has gone kaput for good. They never came back to DCT for the loose change.

I guess the zenfox has gone kaput for good. They never came back to DCT for the loose change.
Seems to be on sale on Amazon with some good reviews, plus reviews in other places:

Definitely not kaput, feedback has been taken and the cooling improved.

Seems to be on sale on Amazon with some good reviews, plus reviews in other places:

A baseless assumption. Most of the reviews are from Promotional / Vine. Where these people unboxed the camera, drove around 15 minutes, and raved about its ability to capture 3 channels.

If you dig deep enough on reddit, you'll see testers who had any ethics and morals, complained of the same heat related issues.

Basically, as someone pointed out here, two things are happening:

1. People "bought the camera" and then got reimbursed. Only to give raving reviews without actually testing the camera in depth.
2. People from vine and influencers looking to kiss ass, in order to continue getting free products, gave raving reviews. without due regard for ethics.

I will bet you NOTHING has changed on the camera, except the firmware that disables interior recording, to prevent overheating.

FYI that contributor is nothing more than a hack. His review was surface level at best. This guy should be ashamed to call himself a journalist.

FYI that contributor is nothing more than a hack. His review was surface level at best. This guy should be ashamed to call himself a journalist.
talk of mounting the rear camera on the license plate does stand out as a strange remark from someone that had actually seen the product

talk of mounting the rear camera on the license plate does stand out as a strange remark from someone that had actually seen the product
I don't post much these days but I do find this Zenfox going on quite amusing :D

That review on Forbes is a complete shill but once again confirms the Viofo connection (which was always obvious from the firmwares which refer to Viofo inside).

How do I know?

I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday but I can remember dashcam footage I shot a year ago.

Those screenshots of the Front and Rear videos are from A129 Pro footage that I sent to @viofo.

960x0.jpg

And then a screenshot from footage sent over last year while on the way to Thorpe Park in Leeds.

Screenshot 2020-09-09 at 09.50.29.jpg

Knew I recognised that car in front from somewhere :D

I guess the T3 is pretty much the same platform as the A129 Pro but interesting that this footage is being distributed as T3 footage.

Screenshot 2020-09-09 at 10.06.50.jpg

I suspect his review is at the right level for his readers!
Technically it is certainly not a great review, but that doesn't mean that he hasn't done his job well.
My point was that the Zenfox T3 is out there, and definitely not "Kaput" as suggested.

I will bet you NOTHING has changed on the camera, except the firmware that disables interior recording, to prevent overheating.
That is a bet you would lose ;)

How do I know?

I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday but I can remember dashcam footage I shot a year ago.

Those screenshots of the Front and Rear videos are from A129 Pro footage that I sent to @viofo.
Once footage is out there on the web, anyone can use it ;)

Reading Kaput i dont read " not existing" , i understand that word as broken or not functioning properly.
And my T3 are still acting up, at worst not booting at all ( rare ) or just stopping recording ( more / fairly often ) and the seemingly small number of memory cards that work with the camera, though it seem other testers having luck with some cards i also have in my test suite but am having less luck with.
And dashcams with a little memory card base, i do consider kaput in the sense that you might well get a memory card that will not work with the camera if you have not done extensive research on this.
Okay after having lowered bitrate again, now normal, i might be lucky, but i can not say for sure before a few weeks of recording.

Reading Kaput i dont read " not existing" , i understand that word as broken or not functioning properly.
Often it is used to mean broken or worn out too badly to repair, ready for the scrap heap, or in the case of a company, no longer trading.

Mine is still working reliably, and the company is very much alive.

Once footage is out there on the web, anyone can use it ;)
Call me old fashioned but if someone is reviewing a camera I'd like the demonstrated footage to be from the camera they're reviewing rather than something they would have you believe is a model from another vendor entirely [emoji23]

Says it all I guess.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

It is like the many pictures accompanying many dashcams, high lighting some capability of the camera, and its the same picture where one half ( or both ) are changed a bit in Photoshop to highlight the negative aspect of not having that feature ( like WDR )
And then the text to the picture say our camera / competition camera, and that photo are probably taken with a DSLR
It aggravate the hell out of me when companies do that cuz you dont even have to be dashcam minded to see thats just wrong.

I dont expect zenfox to be gone, though if it happened we would probably not even know with our higher than normal interest in dashcams.

I do love the T3 gave me a taste of 1440p, i like that i want more of that.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sendoh_dash Zenfox 3
rcg530 Zenfox 12
kamkar Zenfox 7
R Zenfox 80
R Zenfox 4
Back