Zenfox T3 Triple channel dash cams free test invitation, limited quantity

Does anyone know the function of this switch on the rear cam? I can't seem to find any info in the manual for it.

20200606_123637_wm.jpg

Does anyone know the function of this switch on the rear cam? I can't seem to find any info in the manual for it.
Currently nothing, although it may mirror the rear camera image. Hopefully it will flip the rear camera image in the next firmware update.
There is a mirror option in the menu, which works better.

what happens when you flip the switch?

Nothing happens when I flipped it.

Currently nothing, although it may mirror the rear camera image. Hopefully it will flip the rear camera image in the next firmware update.
There is a mirror option in the menu, which works better.

Thanks Nigel

Perhaps this, depending on the location of the camera, may be mirrored, or there may be an image flip 180 degrees.

Did you check the switch when the T3 you first turned off, changed the position of the switch and then turned it on again?

Perhaps this, depending on the location of the camera, may be mirrored, or there may be an image flip 180 degrees.

Did you check the switch when the T3 you first turned off, changed the position of the switch and then turned it on again?
image flip would be a logical function to add

I would thing flipping image would be in the main unit / menus.
I would be more surprises if it is a IR filter engage / disengage switch, if you used the rear camera pointed into the car too, and so could take use of the IR light from the front cabin camera.

I would be very curious and want to take the camera apart to see.

The bitrate figures look high enough to allow for good vids if the rest is up to that standard. They do look to be proportioned well for what you want from each cam. Running maximum will probably require a high-performance SD card- 41Mb/s is getting right up there!

Not sure of the development state, so there may be as-yet-unused functions, such as what appears to me to be an image-flip button on the rear cam. Time will tell.

Phil

I would thing flipping image would be in the main unit / menus.
I would be more surprises if it is a IR filter engage / disengage switch, if you used the rear camera pointed into the car too, and so could take use of the IR light from the front cabin camera.

I would be very curious and want to take the camera apart to see.
There is no IR on the rear camera, only the internal camera, and the IR engage/disengage switch is a long press of the lock button, although you have to stop recording to use it.

There is no IR on the rear camera, only the internal camera, and the IR engage/disengage switch is a long press of the lock button, although you have to stop recording to use it.

So the switching between daytime and IR isn't automatic like in many other cams? That would be a bummer.

Phil

Okay inboxing video done for :) just gluing the 2 files together then i will throw it online.

So the switching between daytime and IR isn't automatic like in many other cams? That would be a bummer.

Phil
There is an auto setting in the menu.

Excellent, I always get bored with unboxing videos! That was a much better order to do it :)

I think the correct English would be a "boxing video", but that might bring you a whole new audience :D

I'm disappointed Zen_Fox is releasing an "incomplete" camera for beta testing. The website clearly markets parking mode with hardwire kit. So I hope a kit will be forthcoming. Without the hardwire kit, our product testing is severely constrained, as we're only able to provide feedback on the camera's capabilities while the vehicle is running. We lack the ability to offer up input on if the camera transitions into parking mode successfully, how it does recording in hot / cold climates, the quality of parking mode video, and so on.

I hope Zen_Fox will get a kit out to us all. Only work around at present is to have a battery pack with cigarette / 12v socket adapter and then to hope the Camera "transitions" into parking mode using the GPS after X minutes. That'd be my guess.

Parking Mode
Automatically switch to parking mode with Zenfox ACC Hardwire kit

Last edited:
Only work around at present is to have a battery pack with cigarette / 12v socket adapter and then to hope the Camera "transitions" into parking mode using the GPS after X minutes. That'd be my guess.
  • It will do parking mode without the optional hardwire kit.
  • You can run it from the normal 12V socket adaptor plugged in to an always on accessory socket (as found on many cars, sometimes as a 2nd hidden socket.)
  • You can get a fuse tap of a type suitable for your vehicle and attach it to a 12V accessory socket to create an always on accessory socket, both parts available cheap off ebay.
Note that this will not give you a low voltage cut off, however the parking mode timer works well and will reduce power consumption to 0.00W after the specified time, so if you choose a time suitable for your driving, your battery should be perfectly safe.

I guess the web site should include "(optional)" after mentioning the hardwire kit!

Edit: I guess you could also try a Viofo HK3 hardwire kit, I'm not sure it will provide enough power, but worth a try, it may work.

Last edited:
  • It will do parking mode without the optional hardwire kit.
  • You can run it from the normal 12V socket adaptor plugged in to an always on accessory socket (as found on many cars, sometimes as a 2nd hidden socket.)
  • You can get a fuse tap of a type suitable for your vehicle and attach it to a 12V accessory socket to create an always on accessory socket, available cheap off ebay.
Note that this will not give you a low voltage cut off, however the parking mode timer works well and will reduce power consumption to 0.00W after the specified time, so if you choose a time suitable for your driving, your battery should be perfectly safe.

I guess the web site should include "(optional)" after mentioning the hardwire kit!

Nigel. In the settings, there is an option for parking recording timer which you can set to record up to 24 hours.

1591627975897.png

Back