Zenfox T3 Triple channel dash cams free test invitation, limited quantity

• It will do parking mode without the optional hardwire kit.
  • You can run it from the normal 12V socket adaptor plugged in to an always on accessory socket (as found on many cars, sometimes as a 2nd hidden socket.)
  • You can get a fuse tap of a type suitable for your vehicle and attach it to a 12V accessory socket to create an always on accessory socket, both parts available cheap off ebay.
Note that this will not give you a low voltage cut off, however the parking mode timer works well and will reduce power consumption to 0.00W after the specified time, so if you choose a time suitable for your driving, your battery should be perfectly safe.

I guess the web site should include "(optional)" after mentioning the hardwire kit!

Edit: I guess you could also try a Viofo HK3 hardwire kit, I'm not sure it will provide enough power, but worth a try, it may work.

Correct. As I mentioned, the GPS "may" enable parking mode if the car sits idle long enough. I don't know, and no one with the camera has mentioned, if that feature is supported yet. The secondary issue is a constant power source. The Add a Fuse 12V socket might work, assuming the camera supports the GPS feature.

I wouldn't risk testing a 3rd party hardwire kit not rated for the camera. The voltage output may be insufficient and cause erratic behavior.

1591632253190.png

Correct. As I mentioned, the GPS "may" enable parking mode if the car sits idle long enough. I don't know, and no one with the camera has mentioned, if that feature is supported yet.
I've just told you the answer, and yes your image is perfect, those are nice quality sockets :)

I've just told you the answer, and yes your image is perfect, those are nice quality sockets :)

You told me the answer I also alluded to, but without an "actual answer". We don't know if the Camera has a GPS timer function to enter parking mode. So using a Battery Pack or 12V add a fuse may not work......Viofo Hardwire kit is a non stater.

Maybe someone with the camera can chime in if the T3 supports the GPS enabled parking mode.

If the camera supports GPS enabled Parking Mode, I will utilize your suggestion of a 12V socket add a fuse.

The HK3 for the Pro model, I think would be sufficient.

My concern is pairing two items not meant to be mated, causing erratic behavior, and unfavorable beta testing. Which is why it would have been nice to include the kit alongside camera to testers.

I will get the 12V add a fuse tap if someone with camera chimes in that GPS does indeed enable parking mode.

That would be a good thing to test, but like I said before, this camera does use significantly more power than the A129 Pro, so you may run into some unreliability and have no way of knowing what caused it. I recomend that initial testing uses the supplied adaptor.

H.264 Maximum bit rate
Front cam: 2560x1440 30fps – Overall bit rate: 46.1 Mb/s. 330MB per 1min file.
Interior cam: 1920×1080 30fps – Overall bit rate: 16.6 Mb/s. 119MB per 1min file.
Rear cam: 1920×1080 30fps – Overall bit rate: 16.6 Mb/s. 119MB per 1min file.
I suppose it can be changed to 46 - 12 - 20 for better results as interior cam shoots mostly static image.

More than the Pro in a dual setup, really?

My concern is pairing two items not meant to be mated, causing erratic behavior, and unfavorable beta testing. Which is why it would have been nice to include the kit alongside camera to testers.

I will get the 12V add a fuse tap if someone with camera chimes in that GPS does indeed enable parking mode.

Can be tested indoor if you're getting a GPS signal.

More than the Pro in a dual setup, really?
Significantly more! It has 3 channels instead of only 2.

Can be tested indoor if you're getting a GPS signal.
Don't think it needs a GPS signal, although the GPS receiver seems to do rather well indoors so it is hard to tell!

Last edited:
Yes the mounts seem to be the same, no think or thin ones.

I suppose it can be changed to 46 - 12 - 20 for better results as interior cam shoots mostly static image.

Yes i was thinking something like that too, no need to have a 16 mbit cabin footage, i think half would be fine, and if the left over can be moved to the rear camera it would be nice.

I am having GPS issues, it is very on and off ( no cameras near the T2 as i took out my SG9663DC and GT65EX camera leaving the T3 alone on my windscreen with just the zoom mobius maxi )

I'm disappointed Zen_Fox is releasing an "incomplete" camera for beta testing.
In my limited experience it's quite common to receive an incomplete camera for beta testing. That's why it's a beta test, not a retail product review. Perhaps they're still working on the HW kit while you and others test the main camera unit?

I forgot to take those, was too eager to hit the road.
I have the T3 mounted offset to the right on the windscreen, and that you easy see on the cabin camera footage.

Do you think it will work mounted next to the rearview mirror holder? No very discreet if you need to mount it to the extreme left/right of the dotted area, or elsewhere.

Do you think it will work mounted next to the rearview mirror holder? No very discreet if you need to mount it to the extreme left/right of the dotted area, or elsewhere.
Really depends on the car, Kamkar's mirror is not on the windscreen, it is attached to the roof, while mine is too close to the glass for this camera to fit behind. I think on most cars it will nicely look over the mirror, but then it depends on the shape of your dotted area if it can then see forward.

I am having GPS issues, it is very on and off ( no cameras near the T2 as i took out my SG9663DC and GT65EX camera leaving the T3 alone on my windscreen with just the zoom mobius maxi )
Could be the mobius causing the issue, try the T3 out of the car, conveniently the GPS receiver comes with it when you take it out!

In my limited experience it's quite common to receive an incomplete camera for beta testing. That's why it's a beta test, not a retail product review. Perhaps they're still working on the HW kit while you and others test the main camera unit?

Not faulting Zen_Fox. Just hope a hardwire kit is sent out. Giving all us beta testers the best possible means to review each and every function the camera has to offer. I am very grateful Zen_Fox included me so please don't misconstrue my input as criticism Zen_Fox. I'm merely speaking from the perspective of wanting to offer you the most constructive innput humanly possible.

Back