Zenfox T3 Triple channel dash cams free test invitation, limited quantity

Do you think it will work mounted next to the rearview mirror holder? No very discreet if you need to mount it to the extreme left/right of the dotted area, or elsewhere.

Every car is different so there's no one size fits all answer. You'll have to wait and get the camera to see which mounting position is best suited towards your needs.

That would be a good thing to test, but like I said before, this camera does use significantly more power than the A129 Pro, so you may run into some unreliability and have no way of knowing what caused it. I recomend that initial testing uses the supplied adaptor.
Have you done the energy comparison between the 2 units (Viofo 129 Pro Duo & Zenfox T3)? If so, what are the numbers after testing at their maximum energy consumption settings?

Have you done the energy comparison between the 2 units (Viofo 129 Pro Duo & Zenfox T3)? If so, what are the numbers after testing at their maximum energy consumption settings?
Roughly, with all cameras plugged in, an A129 Pro takes between 4 and 5 watts, the T3 takes between 5.5 and 6.5 watts.

Depends a bit on the efficiency of the hardwire kit/adaptor, length of cable, memory card, bitrate setting, etc., so no point being more accurate than that.

Roughly, with all cameras plugged in, an A129 Pro takes between 4 and 5 watts, the T3 takes between 5.5 and 6.5 watts.

Depends a bit on the efficiency of the hardwire kit/adaptor, length of cable, memory card, bitrate setting, etc., so no point being more accurate than that.
Then I would be careful which fuse to tap in to and I will try to avoid using the one where the Viofo is plugged in at the moment. I will get my meter out and start looking for another available source at my fuse block.

Every car is different so there's no one size fits all answer. You'll have to wait and get the camera to see which mounting position is best suited towards your needs.

The question was directed at @kamkar1 as the dotted area on both our cars appears to be identical. I don't plan on getting one, at least not yet.

In my limited experience it's quite common to receive an incomplete camera for beta testing. That's why it's a beta test, not a retail product review. Perhaps they're still working on the HW kit while you and others test the main camera unit?

Reminds me the time Viofo sent me just the front cam only for beta testing the A129 Pro. No GPS mount, rear cam, cables and accessories.

Then I would be careful which fuse to tap in to and I will try to avoid using the one where the Viofo is plugged in at the moment. I will get my meter out and start looking for another available source at my fuse block.
That is watts, not amps. At 12V it is still only half an amp, so you can share fuses.

Yes i was thinking something like that too, no need to have a 16 mbit cabin footage, i think half would be fine, and if the left over can be moved to the rear camera it would be nice.

I am having GPS issues, it is very on and off ( no cameras near the T2 as i took out my SG9663DC and GT65EX camera leaving the T3 alone on my windscreen with just the zoom mobius maxi )

I've only got T3 in my car at the moment. T3's GPS seems to be very strong. It even gets connected in my condo's car park. My U1000 can't even get connected in the car park.

My setup as I got the top black tint and can't put higher up as the black tint will block the front cam.
20200607_143449.jpg

That is watts, not amps. At 12V it is still only half an amp, so you can share fuses.
That's correct, Watts are not amps. So it will be safe using the same tap with the 5 amp fuse shared for both cameras

I've only got T3 in my car at the moment. T3's GPS seems to be very strong. It even gets connected in my condo's car park. My U1000 can't even get connected in the car park.

My setup as I got the top black tint and can't put higher up as the black tint will block the front cam.
View attachment 52044

If you mount it like a regular wedge cam with just the front lens below the dotted area, can't the IR lens look over the rearview mirror?

Note sure if my GPS issues are due to unit being up in dotted area ? but i dont think that's it.
Also as the manual suggest for turning on WIFI by long pressing the left most button, i am not able to make that work.

I am heading out to gather more footage in the setting sun, will NIX the power to the mobius maxi 20 CM from the T3 just to see if that help on GPS.
Any button shortcut to get to see satellite number / strength ??

still SD resolution.

Also as the manual suggest for turning on WIFI by long pressing the left most button, i am not able to make that work.
In the current firmware, it is long press the right button!

Note sure if my GPS issues are due to unit being up in dotted area ? but i dont think that's it.

I am heading out to gather more footage in the setting sun, will NIX the power to the mobius maxi 20 CM from the T3 just to see if that help on GPS.
Any button shortcut to get to see satellite number / strength ??

still SD resolution.

Try to take some night shots and post if you don't mind. Daytime seems crystal clear! Impressive quality.

Can you or @kamkar1 comment if GPS parking mode is supported? Does the camera have the built in software to recognize that if the GPS position remains steady for long enough, the Parking Mode automatically enables?

Can you or @kamkar1 comment if GPS parking mode is supported? Does the camera have the built in software to recognize that if the GPS position remains steady for long enough, the Parking Mode automatically enables?
Note that if you want to use the parking timer, you really want the hardwire kit, because otherwise the camera doesn't wake up again after the timer has run out and it shuts down. You have to wake it up by manually by pressing the power button, or removing and reapplying the power. With the hardwire kit, the parking timer will shut it down and then it wakes up again next time you turn the ignition (ACC) on.

So if you don't have the hardwire kit, you need to be careful not to drain your battery, or use the parking timer and always remember to turn the camera back on before driving.

Note that if you want to use the parking timer, you really want the hardwire kit, because otherwise the camera doesn't wake up again after the timer has run out and it shuts down. You have to wake it up by manually by pressing the power button, or removing and reapplying the power. With the hardwire kit, the parking timer will shut it down and then it wakes up again next time you turn the ignition (ACC) on.

So if you don't have the hardwire kit, you need to be careful not to drain your battery, or use the parking timer and always remember to turn the camera back on before driving.

That dawned on me today actually. Using the 12V socket Fuse Tap doesn't have a voltage cutoff. So it'll run until your battery dies. With the manufacturer not yet having a hardwire kit available (per his post), I think I'll just plug it into the 12V socket of my car until one gets launched. I'm leery of trying a 3rd party hardwire kit with the camera, for fear it might not provide enough voltage, and cause erratic behavior.

So 12V socket it is until I get a hardwire kit.

That dawned on me today actually. Using the 12V socket Fuse Tap doesn't have a voltage cutoff. So it'll run until your battery dies. With the manufacturer not yet having a hardwire kit available (per his post), I think I'll just plug it into the 12V socket of my car until one gets launched. I'm leery of trying a 3rd party hardwire kit with the camera, for fear it might not provide enough voltage, and cause erratic behavior.

So 12V socket it is until I get a hardwire kit.
You could still test out parking mode using a USB powerbank, although you will need to use a good power cable, and not too long.

You could still test out parking mode using a USB powerbank, although you will need to use a good power cable, and not too long.

That I don't have on hand. Other camera (Viofo A129 Duo) is hardwired to fuse box. I am considering purchasing one but after Jokkin's statement of them lasting 18 months, I don't think that's a prudent use of money. For the cost of a Cell Link Neo, I could buy an AGM battery and just hook up 2 cameras to my vehicle via the fuse box.

In the interests of transparency, these are comparative views from my side-facing A129.

Standard A129 camera (130 degree lens)
y4mKd_SsHjANyAzzod36tJQlH6sPgOh1ufKbffl08L4mSe9x7M7C_H3uAj6vhVhf3Q7YcEvImo2iiPpnVF7MUwBAeAKcoJHxpH8nr8yPFJEJFarInCrd7A44ZCQbVkPE45PKWzvYKNz_VsaHymtgvMpGDI1hFZv0MkkY9yL0giUDmN6b-mwnWtbnnHtPCKLun6ARsECpHBjUQA3JSPUs5N3qA

A129 with "185 degree" lens
y4mOICza6PubALqPiarToLaECvbawptflaN_Wa9MIg4dSk_d2hyvWK2ZEsIawMdB8em_E31LidBZLaN4NFfFpG4TzQ19r5TPYBV2X6YsnIqr4T6E4BzMbaIfr9KyoE3ulCq7QcOxrY4XnFCMXyrUygS2uCgmbT7jSS38G8wWp9rfWlsvGOnLzAO2x_2AmVLgeJfef29H-ykg5AI1yoi4irT2g

I'm not saying it's going to happen, but it's "possible". Your modified lens definitely gives far more coverage of your vehicle. I can see the door handle. So if someone keyed your car on the upper half, they'd be nailed. On the Viofo stock, No Go.

Course, if someone keyed car below door handle, that's a blind spot.

Back