Zenfox T3 Triple channel dash cams free test invitation, limited quantity

Yes reset my camera today both in the menu and with the little button, the camera brand now look normal and no chinese letters, i have not look closely at how the GPS perform as it seem there is a issue with the T3 and my kingston endurance card, so going for my #2 drive soon but with another memory card.

Yes reset my camera today both in the menu and with the little button, the camera brand now look normal and no chinese letters, i have not look closely at how the GPS perform as it seem there is a issue with the T3 and my kingston endurance card, so going for my #2 drive soon but with another memory card.

Great!

Ugh so Kingston Cards are a no go?

Given the side they drive on, it's probably the same as a right turn on red here in the US. While a stop is mandatory and I do adhear to that rule, back in the prepandemic daily commute days, it was a 50% chance that other drivers slowed down and less than that came to a complete stop before turning.

KuoH

No one else noticed at 37 seconds the truck blew through a red light without even stopping!

Well the endurance, a snappy U3 kingston card might work fine, i have one of those to try later but it is just a 64GB one, for now i stick with the 128 GB cards i have.

Given the side they drive on, it's probably the same as a right turn on red here in the US. While a stop is mandatory and I do adhear to that rule, back in the prepandemic daily commute days, it was a 50% chance that other drivers slowed down and less than that came to a complete stop before turning.

KuoH

You are correct that they do drive on the left, but I would think a stop and check would be in short order, instead of one continuous turn.

Back to the subject... Can you see an issue in this clip I just uploaded?

You ended up in the same location you started in o_O
yes. the GPS speed and coordinates got stuck for several minutes. maybe about 6 minutes, then after I made a stop it started working again.

I checked the GPS info a little while ago here at home and there are plenty of satellites visible but don't know if that is relevant to the issue.

Last edited:
I checked the GPS info a little while ago here at home and there are plenty of satellites visible but don't know if that is relevant to the issue. View attachment 52108
Nice to see a GPS info screen on a dashcam. Could be helpful for finding good / bad mounting locations, or identifying interference sources.

Nice to see a GPS info screen on a dashcam. Could be helpful for finding good / bad mounting locations, or identifying interference sources.
Yes, I found it to be a nice feature as well.

I decided to add a cigarette socket under the fuse block, connected to the same tap I use for the viofo. That allows me to hide all wires or adapters completely and claim back the cigarette lighter in the console for my phone charger.20200612_162739.jpg20200612_173032.jpg20200612_173741.jpg

I checked the GPS info a little while ago here at home and there are plenty of satellites visible but don't know if that is relevant to the issue. View attachment 52108
"Direction" is spelt wrong on that diagnostic screen, not a big problem on a diagnostic, but it is wrong.
"Compass" has less characters if space is an issue, although it seems to take the same space having typed it!
"Bearing" takes less space and is a more correct word.

More correctly, probably, will be the "Signal Strength Indicator from satellites":cool:
Garmin calls it as "Acquiring Satellites" or Acquiring Sats
But all these names are still long ... ;)
Satellite Status.jpg

I didn't go out driving today to further test the dashcam but I took some time to do some experimenting with polarizing film out of some cheap 3D glasses I have that I not longer need. I know Zenfox is already working or planing on producing a CPL filter to sell but I wanted to see what effect I could get out of my experiment. maybe I will tape a circular cutout in the meantime :geek:. Too bad I don't have a 3D printer to make my own.

Last edited:
I can see that the T3 are set to get a magnetic CPL filter, as there are metal around the front camera lens i can "feel" with a magnet.

Back