Zenfox T3 Triple channel dash cams free test invitation, limited quantity

I can see that the T3 are set to get a magnetic CPL filter, as there are metal around the front camera lens i can "feel" with a magnet.
A magnetic one will be a good way to go. It will make rotating adjustment very easy for fine tuning. That filter is a must for me. Sometimes the glare is even worse when the sun is shining at a particular angle.

I decided to add a cigarette socket under the fuse block, connected to the same tap I use for the viofo. That allows me to hide all wires or adapters completely and claim back the cigarette lighter in the console for my phone charger.View attachment 52114

Earlier this thread, there was a discussion about using a Fuse Tap with 12V socket. IT IS NOT RECOMMENDED. You don't have a voltage cutoff switch attached to the rig, so the camera will run until your battery dies.

Earlier this thread, there was a discussion about using a Fuse Tap with 12V socket. IT IS NOT RECOMMENDED. You don't have a voltage cutoff switch attached to the rig, so the camera will run until your battery dies.
I assume it would be OK if EGS tapped into a switched fuse rather than a permanent live circuit?

That did seem to be the idea he had in mind. Rather obvious what might happen otherwise :rolleyes:

Phil

I assume it would be OK if EGS tapped into a switched fuse rather than a permanent live circuit?

If using as "accessory" then yes. Goes off with vehicle, same as 12V socket, but cleaner install. If tapped into always on fuse, then bad idea.

That did seem to be the idea he had in mind. Rather obvious what might happen otherwise :rolleyes:

Phil

He said claim back 12V socket. If set as accessory with ignition, then he's fine. He didn't specify how it was wired exactly. So giving fair warning if he put into always on socket. That'd be bad news.

No need for sarcasm.

He said claim back 12V socket. If set as accessory with ignition, then he's fine. He didn't specify how it was wired exactly. So giving fair warning if he put into always on socket. That'd be bad news.

No need for sarcasm.
It is a switched tap. Have been using the same tap (acc with ignition) location with other dash cams for more than 2 years with no issues.

It is a switched tap. Have been using the same tap (acc with ignition) location with other dash cams for more than 2 years with no issues.

Good deal. Just making sure so you wouldn't come out to find your car battery completely drained.

Reactions: EGS
I just recorded an hours drive, accidently using "Low" bitrate!

I could tell it was low bitrate, it was not perfect, but I could read every license plate. If I was a taxi driver and wanted to keep a whole day of driving on a card then it was perfectly acceptable quality and at 14GB/hour, a 256GB card will store 18 hours. Swap cards at the end of each day and it would be easy to keep a full week of driving, or if you don't work too many hours then a whole week might fit on a 512GB - that is 5 days at 7 hours a day.

Is that 14GB/hr across all three channels?

Is that 14GB/hr across all three channels?
3 hours of video files = 1 hour of footage = 14GB, is what my file browser is saying.
16Mb/s + 8Mb/s + 8 Mb/s.

3 hours of video files = 1 hour of footage = 14GB, is what my file browser is saying.
16Mb/s + 8Mb/s + 8 Mb/s.

What are the numbers for all 3 channels in the highest settings and total record time on a 256GB microsd

What is the best bitrate to use on this camera? I'm either having issues with the memory card or the dash cam overheating when recording on 3 channels. Reviewing the saved footage on the microSD card, it seems that some video ranges from 15 second through maybe a minute or so, but the playback is like 1 fps; not sure if it's an issue with the camera and heat, as today was around 85*F and the camera itself is extremely hot to the touch.

Edit: Tried a different card (Samsung Endurance 64gb) in the house w/ 2 channel only (no rear), frames still seem to be at 1fps with a different card and camera extremely hot after maybe 10-15 minutes.

Recordings seem to be missing, files on the card mostly front videos only, every now and then there might be interior and rear.
Screen Shot 2020-06-14 at 4.40.22 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-14 at 4.40.34 PM.png

Last edited:
What is the best bitrate to use on this camera? I'm either having issues with the memory card or the dash cam overheating when recording on 3 channels. Reviewing the saved footage on the microSD card, it seems that some video ranges from 15 second through maybe a minute or so, but the playback is like 1 fps; not sure if it's an issue with the camera and heat, as today was around 85*F and the camera itself is extremely hot to the touch.

Edit: Tried a different card (Samsung Endurance 64gb) in the house w/ 2 channel only (no rear), frames still seem to be at 1fps with a different card and camera extremely hot after maybe 10-15 minutes.

Recordings seem to be missing, files on the card mostly front videos only, every now and then there might be interior and rear.
View attachment 52133
View attachment 52134
Please send me the original video files, we will check it.

A special F*CK you to 3M. Your G0d Damn adhesive tape is a son of a bitch to remove. Accidentally mounted the camera crooked. A Hair Dryer, Fishing Line, pliers, and 30 or so minutes later, I got it off my damn window. This time to be far more precise in mounting.

My mirror is in the way and I couldn't really get a great spot to avoid it. You can see the cabin fully with interior camera, but I was hoping to get more out the side windows. Passenger side is better. I wasn't about to remove my Viofo A129 Duo which I know is reliable and a workhorse to risk running only a T3. @kamkar1 did that mistake and I wasn't about to repeat it.

None the less, about 3-4 hours later, my cameras are now mounted properly (best I'll get the front), hardwired into fuse box using the HK3 hardwire kit from Viofo, and the wires neatly tucked behind the side curtains. Removing the C Pillar in my car is a trip to hell and back. That trim requires some forcible strength to yank those clips out....Ya thanks Volvo, just like 3M, I guess you never intend for anything to come loose easily.

One major gripe is the Viofo Hardwire Kit isn't a perfect match. The cable is inverted as I mentioned. And so I took some wire clips and mounted them on side of camera. Otherwise, the usb cord seems to come loose easily. So that solved that issue. Parking mode Works from my initial testing. Will see how it goes over the coming days.

Haven't tested cameras out driving yet. I'll be running a Sandisk Ultra Plus class 10 until the Sandisk High Endurance shows up.

And to that I'm in business.

Last edited:
With the T3 being heavier than most dashcams, I think it is very good to have an extra strong sticky pad, don't want the thing hitting your head in an accident!

String/fishing line takes a couple of minutes, at most. The residue can be rolled up into a ball with your thumb.

I hope 3M take that as a compliment!

Very much so, to my ire. I couldn't just yank it off, because my front window is tinted. So I had to surgically remove by heating with hair dryer, sawing with fishing line, and pulling it with pliers on either end. That 3M tape has superman strength. Good, because the camera won't easily dismount itself.

Back