Zenfox T3 Triple channel dash cams free test invitation, limited quantity

I think it is the G sensor that decide in old school 2 wire parking mode, seem silly to use GPS, not least since in the old days GPS was often a extra to dashcams.
And i also think using the G sensor will use a lot less power too.

How would G Sensor be able to determine if there's any movement? Thought G Sensor more impact triggered.

Can you try putting the T3 and Viofo in parking mode, letting them sit in sun a few hours, and see what happens? Both the T3 and Viofo should enter parking mode if GPS is enabled and they sit idle for a few minutes.
Will try that

Just wait until the sun starts shining. We're all trying to device various methods to deal with the camera shutting itself down on the first signs of a hot day. Rear, Interior, and eventually the front camera stop recording. GPS is least of the worries.

I noticed today my rear channel was flipping back and forth (mirrored, unmirrored, mirrored) and the camera was randomly shutting down.

It's still not hot out - this problem was because of the power adapter not supplying enough power to the unit with a long cable. I had to switch to a short cable.

Could length/quality of the power cable be a variable?

I'll test and report more once we actually get some summer weather. It's been awful dreary here the last few days. ️ I did notice the memory card I pulled out of the unit was far hotter than I'm comfortable with and this was on an overcast day...

I noticed today my rear channel was flipping back and forth (mirrored, unmirrored, mirrored) and the camera was randomly shutting down.

It's still not hot out - this problem was because of the power adapter not supplying enough power to the unit with a long cable. I had to switch to a short cable.

I'll test and report more once we actually get some summer weather. It's been awful dreary here the last few days. ️ I did notice the memory card I pulled out of the unit was far hotter than I'm comfortable with and this was on an overcast day...
Try switching the switch on the rear camera...

1. Memory card gets hotter than hell. Enough to feel like it'll burn you after running a bit.

2. I'm running the HK3 hardwire kit from Viofo with camera. Never experienced any flipping back and forth. Just rear camera and interior dropping out, and if camera in sun long enough, the front quits, too. then when you go to activate camera it's on the screen to select and play videos. But nothing recording.

Yes if you have parking mode on without hard wire kit, and sit still in the idling or just ACC car the camera it will switch over, if you are killing the wait time listening to your favorite heavy metal band and headbanging to the music, then you probably not sit still enough for the switch over to happen.

Well... now I'm confused with my test.
I'm checking the footage to see wow much of the rear and interior footage got cut of and all is there! Not a missing bit!!!
I guess what happened is that I used the far right key to awake the screen and that changed the feed view. I thought nothing would change if you only pressed once while the screen was off and the change would take effect if you pressed again once the screen was on. :unsure:
I don't wan to think there is a success yet. I need to double check all my footage to confirm that all is there, even though I already did.

There are only two hiccups. In the recording sequence I found Only a front camera recording missing and then an interior recording missing. That doesn't seem heat related to me

Screenshot (10).png

I will do the parking mode test tomorrow since the sun is going down now. I would like to do it when the sun is hitting hard to the vehicle.

I just initiated a parking mode test as the ambient temperature is already 92f and the max supposed to reach 98f with a heat index of 113f. Will see how it goes. Will report later.

I just initiated a parking mode test as the ambient temperature is already 92f and the max supposed to reach 98f with a heat index of 113f. Will see how it goes. Will report later.
When you measure the temperature of the cameras, can you also measure the temperature of something else to get a reference. The mirror can be interesting since that is in the same situation but unpowered, but probably the roof (inside) is more use since it is out of the sun so will give the air temperature at the top of the car, the air that is cooling the cameras.

When you measure the temperature of the cameras, can you also measure the temperature of something else to get a reference. The mirror can be interesting since that is in the same situation but unpowered, but probably the roof (inside) is more use since it is out of the sun so will give the air temperature at the top of the car, the air that is cooling the cameras.
Will do that.

It's been a hour since the test initiated, I went to check on the cameras and take some temperature measurements. Ambient temperature 93f, Zenfox body @156F and all chanels still recording, roof liner 112f and mirror panel 140f.
Viofo already failed the test as it is displaying viofo logo in the screen and stuck in that mode with a rapid red light blinking. Viofo temperature measured 187f. Both set in low bitrate parking mode.

This are the points I'm using to measure temperatures. In both of the cameras there is the hottest areas I could find in their shell.
Screenshot_20200713-124514_Gallery.jpg20200713_123150.jpg20200713_123043.jpg20200713_123032.jpg

Two hours later (1:30pm), ambient temp is 95f and all channels continue recording, roof liner 122f, mirror panel 140f.
Viofo is still stuck on Viofo logo and it's temperature is 165f20200713_133029.jpg

Two hours later (1:30pm), ambient temp is 95f and all channels continue recording, roof liner 122f, mirror panel 140f.
Viofo is still stuck on Viofo logo and it's temperature is 165fView attachment 52625
Why not reboot the A129? If it reached it's max operating temp, it would/should shutdown. Since it's clearly frozen, maybe you have just experienced the parking mode bug.

Reactions: EGS
Why not reboot the A129? If it reached it's max operating temp, it would/should shutdown. Since it's clearly frozen, maybe you have just experienced the parking mode bug.
will try that now.

will try that now.

I have a couple questions for you.

1. Are you running the T3 and Viofo in NORMAL mode or low bitrate recording during your tests? Regular mode is going to overheat both units, hands down. And like yesterday, are not intended to run under these conditions.

2. I have tinted windows. 35% all around for side windows (blocks 65% light), 20% Rear Windshield (blocks 80% Light), and 80% (Blocks 20% Light) on front window. I have subjected my Viofo to the same conditions you described in the past and never once suffered from the unit powering down during normal operations while driving or low bitrate parking mode while the car is off.

On the other hand, the T3 loses rear, interior, and finally front recording under the same conditions as the Viofo.

3. What type of vehicle are these cars in? If I recall you are using a battery pack and not a hardwiring kit?

FYI: My MX-4 paste showed up yesterday. Copper Shims come tomorrow. So I can try and see what solution I can devise, too.

Back