Zenfox T3 Triple channel dash cams free test invitation, limited quantity

Hehe yeah some man,,,,, okay former man of the sea i am. :)

Though old sailing ships with man powered capstans, they was sort of a wheel and people pushing that around ( by the sweat of their brows and strength of their back )
Often chanting a sea shanty.
thats actually what is pictured if you "wiki" sea shanty.

lossless-page1-433px-Quidcapstan.tiff.png

Symbolic of Europe and many 1st world nations today....All the locals made to dance and work their ass off, while the 3rd world foreigners fleeing their dumps are flooding the borders, and playing tales of woe on their fiddles for free benefits.

Yes it is bad how we ( Danes at least ) celebrate weakness or sadness, whatever you want to call it.
I am 100% for abandoning the welfare system we have here, even if it also mean a significant cut in my pension, if its too bad i can always terminate myself if life get too hard.
I know people approaching the age of 60 soon, and they have never worked 1 day in their life, i think making that my problem is atrocious.
There is nothing wrong with those people, they have 2 arms and 2 legs just like i have, so their choice should not cost me a dime, or at least very little.
For every 1 person we take care off now, we could house and feed 5 people at least, and i am sure 99% if all poor in the world would be glad to have a bed to sleep in every night and 3 daily meals, and i will even throw in every opportunity to look for a job or education.
But NOOOOOOO a unemployed must have his / her own apartment, and pocket money every month, i think a single room with a bed / table should be more than adequate.

On Viofo: Hard to say why- could be many different reasons. Only the results will matter and those aren't here yet.

Phil

On Viofo: Hard to say why- could be many different reasons. Only the results will matter and those aren't here yet.

Phil

What results are lacking? The T3 has thus far been disappointing in its performance and people seem to be grumbling about the Viofo A129 Pro's lack of reliability. I don't own a Pro so can't substantiate whether these grumblings are legitimate, but there seems to be no shortage of unhappy chants.

Hehe yeah some man,,,,, okay former man of the sea i am. :)

Though old sailing ships with man powered capstans, they was sort of a wheel and people pushing that around ( by the sweat of their brows and strength of their back )
Often chanting a sea shanty.
thats actually what is pictured if you "wiki" sea shanty.
Ships only have one wheel, and that lives in the wheelhouse! (The steering wheel)
A capstan, being horizontal would always be used for hauling.
When you are moving the load vertically it is heaving.

Last edited:
What results are lacking? The T3 has thus far been disappointing in its performance and people seem to be grumbling about the Viofo A129 Pro's lack of reliability. I don't own a Pro so can't substantiate whether these grumblings are legitimate, but there seems to be no shortage of unhappy chants.
The Pro gives 4x the detail of the standard Duo, fantastic image quality, great camera, only issues seem to be similar to the T3 in that it is not the ideal dashcam for parking mode in an Australian summer, and some people have had memory card issues, not sure if that is still an issue?

The T3, being 2K, has twice the detail of your A129, generally better image quality, and an extra video channel, not sure why you are describing it as "disappointing in its performance". Yes, parking mode has a temperature limit, but that doesn't affect image quality or detail and is hopefully being improved.

A 4K cam which isn't working is worthless. Or 2K, or 1080p either. The A129Pro Duo is still generating many reports of failures to record, even with several different cards used which work fine for others. And some of the problems are happening while driving- it's not just a parking issue. And no, it doesn't always give 4X the details of Duo, only some of the time. In fact it's worse in low light. I'd venture to say that it doesn't even equal the A119/S with modified firmware at night and it's old by dashcam standards.

Phil

On Viofo: Hard to say why- could be many different reasons.
logical reason to have another brand is for seperate sales channels, when you get enquiries from markets where you already have exclusive arrangements it's a way to service more customers, happens in all sorts of product categories

The Pro gives 4x the detail of the standard Duo, fantastic image quality, great camera, only issues seem to be similar to the T3 in that it is not the ideal dashcam for parking mode in an Australian summer, and some people have had memory card issues, not sure if that is still an issue?

The T3, being 2K, has twice the detail of your A129, generally better image quality, and an extra video channel, not sure why you are describing it as "disappointing in its performance". Yes, parking mode has a temperature limit, but that doesn't affect image quality or detail and is hopefully being improved.

Parking mode is a critical feature. Sorry, I wouldn't ever purchase a dash cam unless that worked properly. Just as I want my car protected while I drive, I'm equally concerned about some A-Hole damaging my car while parked. I have a nice 15CM+ Scratch deep into my clear coat to prove that fact. Car Door? Shopping Cart / Trolley? Some A-Hole? Who knows... So yes, it is a problem, and no it isn't Australian Summers. Seriously, have you NEVER left the UK? I'd bet any amount of money you haven't. You apparently don't seem to grasp that about 80% of the world has a summer. I know, the UK stays 8-20C all year round. That doesn't mean the UK = Entire World.

And @EGS who lives in Texas, a hot place, had his camera fail while driving. So that's even worse.

FYI: 4K = Better Daytime and worse Night Video. Smaller Pixels mean less light gets in. So there's trade offs. Far as the T3 being 2K, that's a pretty good median for day and night. Although, the T3 needs a major tuning on its night image. Way the heck too dark. in my opinion. That of course, is minor comparative to the litany of problems it suffers from right now.

Last edited:
Oddly enough I was checking some footage from last night to compare from both cameras (A129PD and the T3) and while the viofo was awful, the zenfox was horrible at giving some sort of detail. The zenfox gets completely smeared blurry and darker than the viofo.

Had to resize this frame grabs to be able to upload here, so no full resolution but does give an idea.

resized1.pngresized2.png

Had to resize this frame grabs to be able to upload here, so no full resolution but does give an idea.

You saw my comparison earlier on in this thread. Viofo could see trees and buildings, and the T3 saw darkness. 4K is a downgrade at night due to the smaller pixel sizes.

FYI @Nigel, you want hot @EGS is in the Armpit. I've visited his area before about 10 years ago when I visited New Orleans and Houston. Anyway, where @EGS is at is a pretty good test bed for Dash Cameras. It's not Australia by any means (never been) but it's certainly Hot and Muggy. Much like the many places around the world during their summer months.

This might sound like a dumb question, but did you remove the protective film from the lens and keep it clean? I only ask because I didn't see any light blooming problem with the night footage in my T3 or Kamkar's test footage and quite often it's a dirty lens or windshield that's the main cause. Unfortunately I deleted a lot of test footage while clearing space on the hd so I'll have to take abother night drive to compare.

KuoH

Oddly enough I was checking some footage from last night to compare from both cameras (A129PD and the T3) and while the viofo was awful, the zenfox was horrible at giving some sort of detail. The zenfox gets completely smeared blurry and darker than the viofo.

This might sound like a dumb question, but did you remove the protective film from the lens and keep it clean? I only ask because I didn't see any light blooming problem with the night footage in my T3 or Kamkar's test footage and quite often it's a dirty lens or windshield that's the main cause. Unfortunately I deleted a lot of test footage while clearing space on the hd so I'll have to take abother night drive to compare.

KuoH
It is clean, I'm quite sure of that. For you to notice the effect you need to be in a fairly low light conditions. It is like the camera is applying an auto smoothing to the darker pixels to reduce noise and as a result it looks like things are out of focus. If you do your own test you will notice that doesn't happen in the bright parts of the frame as those will still look sharp except headlights or street lighting as those will create a cotton ball

My windscreen are not particular clean ( inside or out ) and at 8 years in age it is also blessed with a healthy amount of micro scratches and almost inspection failing chips.

FYI: 4K = Better Daytime and worse Night Video. Smaller Pixels mean less light gets in. So there's trade offs. Far as the T3 being 2K, that's a pretty good median for day and night. Although, the T3 needs a major tuning on its night image. Way the heck too dark. in my opinion. That of course, is minor comparative to the litany of problems it suffers from right now.
4K means smaller pixels, however it does not mean less light gets in! If you take an FHD pixel and divide it into 4 to get 4K, the pieces will be a quarter of the size, but the total amount of light landing on them will be the same amount. Each pixel gets a quarter of the light, so each pixel should be noisier than the big pixels, but the noise should average out over the 4 pixels, so the amount of image noise is the same.

Then you should take into account that the A129 Pro has pixels that in total cover an area 48% larger than the T3, so 48% more light is landing on them and so EGS's images showing the A129 Pro doing a little better in detail are not surprising. We do see a difference in noise, I guess partly due to more noise reduction being used on the T3, the noise reduction is what is causing a lot of the extra blurring in very dark conditions and losing some detail. In brighter conditions such as night time in the city, the A129 Pro has enough light to not need noise reduction and does produce 4K detail, as long as you are travelling slow enough to avoid motion blur.

The difference between these two cameras at night is a small advantage to the A129 Pro due to it's larger sensor area receiving more light,
Your A129 Duo has 15% more light gathering area than the T3, again it should do better than the T3, as you demonstrated in your nearly pitch black test.

With all cameras, for them to produce a good image, you need plenty of light, you should not expect perfect images in very dark conditions when human eyes are also struggling to see detail. All three of these cameras do OK under decent street lights.

The difference between these two cameras at night is a small advantage to the A129 Pro due to it's larger sensor area receiving more light,
Your A129 Duo has 15% more light gathering area than the T3, again it should do better than the T3, as you demonstrated in your nearly pitch black test.

With all cameras, for them to produce a good image, you need plenty of light, you should not expect perfect images in very dark conditions when human eyes are also struggling to see detail. All three of these cameras do OK under decent street lights.

Here's a white paper on the subject: https://www.axis.com/files/whitepaper/wp_sensor_size_73696_en_1910_hi.pdf

Impact of different resolutions

As the surveillance industry has continued to move to higher resolutions, manufacturers have usually tried to keep the same sensor size in order to avoid the higher cost of using a larger sensor. This means they need to fit more photodetectors in the same sensor area, making each pixel smaller and able to capture less light. The charge after each exposure interval will consequently be lower and the electric signal from each pixel will need more amplification before it can be used to form the image. The signal-to-noise ratio in small pixels is generally lower due to the lower signal.

So, by simply increasing the number of pixels in a sensor of the same size, you will get better resolution, but you may also get images with lower quality. This is especially true in low light scenes, where image noise tends to be more disturbing. If you instead increase the size of the sensor, each photodetector can capture more photons and generate a stronger signal with less noise.

So my guess is these companies apply a smoothing filter to eliminate noise and thus the image is darker at night.

So, by simply increasing the number of pixels in a sensor of the same size, you will get better resolution, but you may also get images with lower quality. This is especially true in low light scenes, where image noise tends to be more disturbing.
No, that is an incorrect conclusion, the pixels are noisier, but the image has the same noise, the image is receiving the same amount of light.

No, that is an incorrect conclusion, the pixels are noisier, but the image has the same noise, the image is receiving the same amount of light.

It's very clear that the smaller pixels lets in less light unless the sensor size is increased proportionate to the higher resolution. I don't see noise on the T3 at night in the areas that are less visible. Only pitch black darkness. So if a smoothing filter isn't used, then explain why the areas that are darker are a smoother darker black versus a pixelated black.

Back