2CH Panorama X2. FullHD + FullHD ( 256Gb ). Sony Exmor CMOS. WDR. GPS. 24/7 Parking Mode Rec.

Today tested FW.17 with 64Gb Fat32 Transcend microsdhx and it works fine for me, at least my first 1/2h drive to work no issues yet. Need to test at least when cards will be full and start overwriting older files before making any furthure conclusions. This will take time.
This is kind'a impossible..

I tried so many different brands of SDXC from Sandisk extreme / Samsung Evo / to a few other brands all SDXC formatted to FAT32.

It totally goes undetected! Prompting to "Please insert card" on either rear or front

Firmware being tested, was on .15 & .17 @ 15mbps

It seems like it totally cannot read SDXC on FAT32 at all irregardless firmware.

So you mean ONLY transcend could?

What's so special about it? Even the renown Samsung Evo couldn't do?

Would seriously like to hear your kind advise Niko!

Last edited:
Thanks, if that is the case, then those with SUVs may have an issue with connecting the rear camera if they choose, like me to run the cable down along the floor of the car. That was the easiest way for me to run it hiding the cable without tearing up everything on top.

ive a large SUV and I have air bags (side curtain) along the roof as well as on the pillars but the way the car is designed, i would have torn up the roof to do the wire install up there, plus i ain't follin' around with the air bag curtains.

that said, if i had 2 more feet it would have landed square in the middle and i would have stuck it on the rear dome lamp. as it stands not, its just a bit off center but the field of view covers the rear view out of the window with no issues.

i am totally happy with the install and am completely satisfied with the viewing results i get...

This is kind'a impossible..

I tried so many different brands of SDXC from Sandisk extreme / Samsung Evo / to a few other brands all SDXC formatted to FAT32.

It totally goes undetected! Prompting to "Please insert card" on either rear or front

Firmware being tested, was on .15 & .17 @ 15mbps

It seems like it totally cannot read SDXC on FAT32 at all irregardless firmware.

So you mean ONLY transcend could?

What's so special about it? Even the renown Samsung Evo couldn't do?

Would seriously like to hear your kind advise Niko!

I never said "only Transcend could". And I dont know if all Transcend brands / model "could" or not.
I am sure there might be other 64gb memory cards brand names / models that might work in Fat32 on X2. Its all about test'n'try and share results with other people, what we all do here.

Below is properties from my Transcend Premium 300x 64Gb MicroSDXC I removed and analysed after yesterday drive.

64Gb Fat32.jpg

64Gb File Properties.jpg

I'm wondering if maybe also the tool used to format to fat32 has something to do with it - maybe they set a different cluster size that the camera doesn't like.

Did you use Smartdisk Niko for that card? Do you know what cluster size it's using please?

The easiest way is to run a chkdsk against the disk - it would be interesting to see if you have the short file name bug too as chkdsk would pick up on that.

I have also tested a Samsung 64Gb MicroSDXC Class 10 U1 formatted from exFat to Fat32 by using a SmartDisk., but unfortunately it did not work on X2. In the centre of LCD Display appeared grey semi-transparent box and whole unit freezes. I had to disconnect unit from main power source and wait until capacitors will drain.

So, at the moment for my X2 ( FW .17 ) I have found only 64Gb Transcend Premium 300x MicroSDXC working fine formatted from exFat to Fat32 via SmartDisk. I have yet to test overwriting to be sure full functionality / compatibility.

64Gb Fat32 for X2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ive a large SUV and I have air bags (side curtain) along the roof as well as on the pillars but the way the car is designed, i would have torn up the roof to do the wire install up there, plus i ain't follin' around with the air bag curtains.

that said, if i had 2 more feet it would have landed square in the middle and i would have stuck it on the rear dome lamp. as it stands not, its just a bit off center but the field of view covers the rear view out of the window with no issues.

i am totally happy with the install and am completely satisfied with the viewing results i get...

You ran it underneath like I did then?

Good evening.
I have a memory card Sandisk Extreme 32 Gb-2 pieces. Formatted Fat 32. Reader back camera fills the map only to 6 Gb X 2 off. Reader front camera works fine, without restrictions.

I asked more about running the rear wire near the roof to save cable length on newer cars with side airbags.
I'm told when installing, you need to run wires behind airbags ( between airbag and car body, not airbag and car liner ), then it will be fine.
The rubber door gasket should pop out for starters. It should be no problem to run the wire this route even in newer cars. Always seek professional installation as necessary of course.

at night they are the same, no difference

Sorry Alexsoll, I beg to differ. :(

My Blackvue DR750LW image is really dark at night and has a blue tint over it. The detail is Ok, but dark. No large blocks or noise. (firmware 1.o08)

The Panorama X2 image has some blocks and noise at night, no blue tint, not dark like Blackvue. (firmware .17)

The Panorama X2 night image is closer to my Finevu CR-2000G (firmware .68). Although the finevu has more blocks and noise at night, but better WDR brightness. :D

915ac16e3a8a.jpg

61784aa5d9e1.jpg

1c12e5669505.jpg

a34625f48ee0.jpg

Those images show exactly what I said. :cool: One is dark, the other is not. Which equals, not the same. (first set are both ok, tho)

Also, you probably using your own custom, higher bitrate firmware on your Blackvue Dr750LW. ;)

Also, you probably using your own custom, higher bitrate firmware on your Blackvue Dr750LW. ;)

Yes, but this discussion night shooting is irrelevant

I think that's what most of us wish for. A "control unit" that would be hidden away (e.g. would be perfect if we could hide it in the glovebox) and two remote cameras/lenses.

I'm a bit late to the discussion but this is also what I'd love... the smaller the actual camera modules the better.

Ideally I'd like to be able to do something like I have here (https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/discreet-transcend-dp200-install-bmw-5-series.7912/) but do I appreciate that it'll need to be larger than that as something will need to convert the CMOS output into something useful that can be sent over a longer cable.

(Ideally I'd like to be able to hide the main control box/display in the glovebox too)

I will release the new firmware soon.
1. bitrate can select. F/R can be selected each others.
2. Brightness can be selected. F/R can be different what people want. sometimes rear need to be more bright.
3. LED on/off control.

2. Brightness can be selected. F/R can be different what people want. sometimes rear need to be more bright.
3. LED on/off control.

Excellent news, Great work as always!

I asked more about running the rear wire near the roof to save cable length on newer cars with side airbags.
I'm told when installing, you need to run wires behind airbags ( between airbag and car body, not airbag and car liner ), then it will be fine.
The rubber door gasket should pop out for starters. It should be no problem to run the wire this route even in newer cars. Always seek professional installation as necessary of course.

I ran my rear cable straight over the middle of the headliner. Popped out the map lights and centre 'room' light, and just fed the cables between the holes and out to rear window. Completely avoiding airbags.

Power cable however, I ran this down the A pillar. Spend the time and take the A pillar plastic cover off and make sure you're routing safely around the airbags so the wire won't snag if they're deployed. I.E stay nearest the windshield if possible, then go over the top and behind the airbags if they'll still in the way.

3. LED on/off control.

Great news!

Here's a question -

If the Positive (Red) wire is disconnected, and the ACC wire is still connected, will the dashcam turn off and cease to consume any power?

I'm looking to wire in a manual override for turning off the camera, and I'm thinking of doing it as listed above. However if that doesn't work I'll need to switch the earth lead which isn't preferable.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B X2 0
B X2 9
L X2 2
E X2 2
Joelinnh X2 2
Back