2CH Panorama X2. FullHD + FullHD ( 256Gb ). Sony Exmor CMOS. WDR. GPS. 24/7 Parking Mode Rec.

the dome g90 a70 i had was in back. it had spot metering mode on it and it would DIM when a car/bright light source entered into its FOV. we have also seen early demos of the x2 dimming so its definitely possible and is one of the features that was touted on this unit.

I did get the grey outline when the 64GB card was formatted to FAT32 - since it was formatted in camera to exFAT it's been stable on firmware 17.

Using exFAT also bypasses the short file name bug.

Last time I had that grey box I swapped the cards around, formatted the 64GB in camera that way once it detected it and fingers crossed it's not crashed since.

SDXC / 64GB and upwards support is being improved in the newer firmwares.

Guys,

Sorry to let you know I tried to use exFAT format and unfortunately ran into grey box problem again today after put into parking mode. (Have been with firmware 17 since day 1)

Power saver is off. Parking timer is off.

Nothing changed once I installed 17 firmware.

I agree a text file /debugger would be boss.
I had parking time set to 6 hours and voltage set to 12.x - still have the phantom grey box.

Guys,

Sorry to let you know I tried to use exFAT format and unfortunately ran into grey box problem again today after put into parking mode. (Have been with firmware 17 since day 1)

I had parking time set to 6 hours and voltage set to 12.x - still have the phantom grey box.

I just double checked and see you bought the 64/64 bundle. 64GB formating of cards should be enhanced and fixed very soon. Unplug power, wait for capacitors to fully discharge, re-plug in power, format cards

ive a large SUV and I have air bags (side curtain) along the roof as well as on the pillars but the way the car is designed, i would have torn up the roof to do the wire install up there, plus i ain't follin' around with the air bag curtains.

that said, if i had 2 more feet it would have landed square in the middle and i would have stuck it on the rear dome lamp. as it stands not, its just a bit off center but the field of view covers the rear view out of the window with no issues.

i am totally happy with the install and am completely satisfied with the viewing results i get...

I'm exactly in your shoes. Don't want to mess with the side curtain airbags and would have to totally remove the head liner. Just 10-12 inches more would make connection much easier.

Have you run chkdsk against the exFAT card giving you the grey box to see if there are any filesystem errors?

Hello. I'm looking to purchase the x2. I am planning to hardwire it to a Tesla model S. One of the biggest requirements I need is long parking mode. I was thinking to pair the x2 with 2 64 GB micro sd. At times, when I park my car 0n the busy streets of NYC, my concern is other drivers hitting the car. The front of it is a cone. If anybody will back into the car, that cone will get destroyed. For that I need long duration parking mode (for overnight footage). What can you tell me about the camera? Continuance recording while I drive is nice, but I don't need much memory for that since while driving, I can manually save any recent footage. The parking it an issue though. Hopefully I will never have to get to it, but if I need to comb through hours/days of footage if the car was damaged while parking on an airport lot, or overnight street parking. Can the camera support that considering it would get constant power. Please let me know what is available with this camera in terms of recording time, warranty, etc. I may be the one to give you the first Amazon review. Thank you!

@Hezi ,

I envy you with your new Tesla. I have worked with Mr. Musk on a few productions (for corporate video) out here in Cali and he is a brilliant person. seeing the Tesla guts up close and personal is something of a marvel...

to your question:

the X2 is definitely recommended for you!!!!

in park mode yo can set it for certain time outs or turn that off an it will record indefinitely. i keep the park mode timer OFF so it records until card is full or until I swap cards.

i recommend you get 128gb cards.

I'm now a bit confused. Am I suppose to format it as exFAT? or other file system?

bro,

put the cards in the cam and format them in CAM!!! forget all of this other nonsense!

bro,

put the cards in the cam and format them in CAM!!! forget all of this other nonsense!

When you format the larger size cards, what file format does the X2 format in, FAT32?

A couple notes on my experience.

I no longer see the splotches on the one that was having the issue. I wished I took a picture right when I did see it. For whatever reason, it disappeared. I know I did do a upgrade to FW17 again and reformat the cards. I was having a issue with the mic button as well on this particular unit. I would turn off the mic, select a different cam view, and the mic would be on again! I turn it off and select the other camera view, mic would be on yet again!

It may be the FW17 that is a little buggy. So far, I found that when and if this happens, I would need to be in park mode, power down the X2 and start it up again. This way, I can more or less be able to keep the mic setting off between switching camera views. Further testing is needed.

Also in general for both of my units, sometimes I find I am driving and the X2 is off. I think the issue is me starting the car too fast. I noticed if I turn the car key too quickly without a pause from park to start, sometimes the X2 doesn't start up. For example, if I parked a long time and the parking time elapsed and turned off the X2 or if perhaps if the X2 turned off due to the voltage setting. Starting the car quickly, the X2 doesn't boot up, leaving me with no recording during my drive. I noticed this a few times. Now I pause a little when I turn the key before starting the car and it seems to take care of that "issue". Again, for this I have to see if it was a coincidence or not.

As far as license plates at night, I noticed it depends on the type of car in front. On my higher up SUV, I can see most plates of other higher cars, such as other SUVs, minivans, and trucks. On lower cars, like sedans, I can't see the plates, as the plates are white from the headlights. This is only based on a small sample of viewing by me tonight. Haven't driven my other car at night, which is lower than the SUV.

A couple notes on my experience.

I no longer see the splotches on the one that was having the issue. I wished I took a picture right when I did see it. For whatever reason, it disappeared. I know I did do a upgrade to FW17 again and reformat the cards. I was having a issue with the mic button as well on this particular unit. I would turn off the mic, select a different cam view, and the mic would be on again! I turn it off and select the other camera view, mic would be on yet again!

It may be the FW17 that is a little buggy. So far, I found that when and if this happens, I would need to be in park mode, power down the X2 and start it up again. This way, I can more or less be able to keep the mic setting off between switching camera views. Further testing is needed.

Also in general for both of my units, sometimes I find I am driving and the X2 is off. I think the issue is me starting the car too fast. I noticed if I turn the car key too quickly without a pause from park to start, sometimes the X2 doesn't start up. For example, if I parked a long time and the parking time elapsed and turned off the X2 or if perhaps if the X2 turned off due to the voltage setting. Starting the car quickly, the X2 doesn't boot up, leaving me with no recording during my drive. I noticed this a few times. Now I pause a little when I turn the key before starting the car and it seems to take care of that "issue". Again, for this I have to see if it was a coincidence or not.

As far as license plates at night, I noticed it depends on the type of car in front. On my higher up SUV, I can see most plates of other higher cars, such as other SUVs, minivans, and trucks. On lower cars, like sedans, I can't see the plates, as the plates are white from the headlights. This is only based on a small sample of viewing by me tonight. Haven't driven my other car at night, which is lower than the SUV.

Microphone random switch on from switched off ( mute ) is a small bug which will should be fixed soon.

bro,

When you get the grey box you can't format in camera as it doesn't recognize there's a card in there :)

The problem will be gone with newer firmwares.

I've had no issues with the small file sizes in 8 hours of driving with an exFAT Sandisk Ultra but I'm keeping an eye on it and the filesystem is still clean. I've got a feeling it was corrupted when the camera hung one shutdown.

A few videos from yesterday:

And then the same clip from an X2 side by side with a G which shows the differences field of view in the lens between the two cameras:

When you get the grey box you can't format in camera as it doesn't recognize there's a card in there :)

The problem will be gone with newer firmwares.

I've had no issues with the small file sizes in 8 hours of driving with an exFAT Sandisk Ultra but I'm keeping an eye on it and the filesystem is still clean. I've got a feeling it was corrupted when the camera hung one shutdown.
Just want to give you guys a heads up with the new firmware 1.01. DON'T try it.

I updated the firmware from v17 to 1.01 and it's a total nightmare. Buttons mapped to wrong function. Cannot switch off the cam in parking mode (no red-dotted box). Please wait a bit until a stable build is out.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dempf X2 1
B X2 0
B X2 9
L X2 2
E X2 2
Back