Shadow GT680W

Does anyone use parking mode (Unit obviously? need to have GPS module)- does it work?
If so, where can I get GPS module from?
Thanks!

GT680W in your hand support GPS module,which is 150GBP VAT price.

hmhm, you meant £15? at JOOVUU?
Thanks!
Yep,that is.That's expensive indeed ,the cost we get from supplier is nearly 40% more expensive than the market's average GPS module price.
So if you need,we could send you sperate paypal invoice.

Last edited:
Yep,that is.That's expensive indeed ,the cost we get from supplier is nearly 40% more expensive than the market's average GPS module price.
So if you need,we could send you sperate paypal invoice.
I'll pass mate, thanks for reply none the less!

I thought that parking mode just put the camera into motion activation mode or similar?
I haven't plugged a GPS module into my GT680W, but I would've thought it uses the GPS like my G90 for logging purposes only.

I thought that parking mode just put the camera into motion activation mode or similar?
I haven't plugged a GPS module into my GT680W, but I would've thought it uses the GPS like my G90 for logging purposes only.
Dunno, but if in parking mode (without GPS), it would mean need to flick through the buttons... kinda thought, with motion detection for that to be AUTOMATIC... then thought need GPS module... but IF with GPS, but not automatic switch over- TOO much Hassle! (lazy sod)! :p also, I don't want GPS for driving mode, in case of me accidentally speeding would become issue of any sort ;)

Just viewed some video footage from my GT680W (used as rear view camera) on the PC for the first time.
I thought having a dark tinted rear window would be a problem, but the quality and colour of the video is brilliant... a great little camera for such a low price :D

Dunno, but if in parking mode (without GPS), it would mean need to flick through the buttons... kinda thought, with motion detection for that to be AUTOMATIC... then thought need GPS module... but IF with GPS, but not automatic switch over- TOO much Hassle! (lazy sod)! :p also, I don't want GPS for driving mode, in case of me accidentally speeding would become issue of any sort ;)

I can't really comment on the automatic implementation of parking mode, but being automatic sounds a little exotic to me.
Perhaps someone in the know from owning a GT680W with GPS could comment?
I'm using a firmware in my G90 that records the GPS data, but it doesn't display the speed or GPS location on the video footage.
Again, I don't know how the GT680W uses the GPS data but having the data "invisibly" recorded into the video footage is very useful if you need to prove your innocence if it's claimed you've been speeding etc.

I can't really comment on the automatic implementation of parking mode, but being automatic sounds a little exotic to me.
Perhaps someone in the know from owning a GT680W with GPS could comment?
I'm using a firmware in my G90 that records the GPS data, but it doesn't display the speed or GPS location on the video footage.
Again, I don't know how the GT680W uses the GPS data but having the data "invisibly" recorded into the video footage is very useful if you need to prove your innocence if it's claimed you've been speeding etc.
So what is the point/ can anyone explain motion detection with or without GPS? o_O

Okay... just been out and fiddling with my camera.
Parking mode puts the camera into a very low frame rate setting so your camera could in theory record video for months.
It's not automatic or linked to your GPS.
Very useful if your going to be leaving you car for a long period of time or want to covertly monitor your home etc.
P.S. Motion detection just monitors for any movement.. if movement is detected then the camera automatically goes into recording mode for the duration of the detected movement.

Okay... just been out and fiddling with my camera.
Parking mode puts the camera into a very low frame rate setting so your camera could in theory record video for months.
It's not automatic or linked to your GPS.
Very useful if your going to be leaving you car for a long period of time or want to covertly monitor your home etc.
P.S. Motion detection just monitors for any movement.. if movement is detected then the camera automatically goes into recording mode for the duration of the detected movement.

That means, as I expected (or meant) it record set 1-5fps, detects movement and starts recording as in driving or recording vandal?
It didn't!... unless I did something wrong?

Or, do you mean, it doesn't record, until it detects movement and then starts recording in set frame rate?
o_O o.o..

When I tested, it did record one frame p S, then I walked about and it still recorded same 1FPS...

Got to try again! :bangshead:

Parking Mode and Motion Detection are two separate functions/modes and I don't believe they can be combined.
Using a low frame rate and motion detection wouldn't be a good move as you could easily miss a very short event or only end up with a few unusable frames.
You want full motion HD video when an something happens :D

I ve tested setting the parking guard at 5 FPS and using that setting to drive around and record footage at...

The results are..

on playback it plays at 6 times the speed ( plays at 30 fps ) which is handy to go through footage quickly and if you use k-lite codec pack to playback you can slow it down to actual speed - This results in slightly jerky footage as its playing at 5 fps, but you do get all the usual ability to read number plates and pause 1 frame at a time and all in full 1080 resolution.

Cant see any disadvantage evidence wise and a 4 g card does 3 1/2 hours or 32g x 24 hours.

only sacrifice is you wont get the fluid footage that serves no purpose but for looking good on you tube and the advantages far outweigh !!!

(I was so impressed I had a go at loading v3.0 into my g1wh via a bin name change but it wouldn't have it ! )

I ve tested setting the parking guard at 5 FPS and using that setting to drive around and record footage at...

The results are..

on playback it plays at 6 times the speed ( plays at 30 fps ) which is handy to go through footage quickly and if you use k-lite codec pack to playback you can slow it down to actual speed - This results in slightly jerky footage as its playing at 5 fps, but you do get all the usual ability to read number plates and pause 1 frame at a time and all in full 1080 resolution.

Cant see any disadvantage evidence wise and a 4 g card does 3 1/2 hours or 32g x 24 hours.

only sacrifice is you wont get the fluid footage that serves no purpose but for looking good on you tube and the advantages far outweigh !!!

(I was so impressed I had a go at loading v3.0 into my g1wh via a bin name change but it wouldn't have it ! )
Gotcha!- awesome!

Parking Mode and Motion Detection are two separate functions/modes and I don't believe they can be combined.
Using a low frame rate and motion detection wouldn't be a good move as you could easily miss a very short event or only end up with a few unusable frames.
You want full motion HD video when an something happens :D
Gotcha!
(shame), but it would (could?) be an idea to make firmware adjustment to be automatic switch over!... I think, that would be possible!?

Last edited:
here s how bad it looks on you tube.... but I assure you the quality is a perfect full 1080 in raw without all the pixel crap you tube shows.. (now set slow motion on youtube to normalise speed )

(ps .. fancy parking there and forcing us over double lines)

Last edited:
Right tested both ways separately (home)...
cant make my mind up, which to chose!!!!

in motion detection mode- works a treat, stops recording in 10s, makes it ideal, for when you go to town etc, parked up for short while and then some weirdo backs in to you!

The 5FPS is awesome too! (for a car DVR functionality)

At 5fps you're going to miss vital detail/frames when fast movement is involved e.g. impact at high speed or a child running out etc.
Recording audio is also very important as an impact or skidding may be recorded.
I've had to rely on camera footage for an incident that happened not long ago and had it not been full speed video I wouldn't have received the satisfactory compensation that I did.
Parking Mode is for time-lapse, Motion Detection for guarding your car etc against damage or vandalism and constant full frame HD video for when driving around.
The more detail the better as it may be all you have standing between a prison sentence and an acquittal should something awful happen.

Back