2CH Panorama X2. FullHD + FullHD ( 256Gb ). Sony Exmor CMOS. WDR. GPS. 24/7 Parking Mode Rec.

@Trypt is wanting one for the rear camera Jon?

Ah thanks for the clarification totally missed the "rear" part. We don't have a rear CPL at this time. It's a tiny/small odd shape and very close to the window. I'm open to suggestions if anyone finds something.

Tint film wrap around or a tint patch on the window @Trypt ? My rear camera is through a factory tinted screen and I actually think it's better than the front as the reflections are minimal and the contrast is even.

The first video switches the pip towards the end. Its non cpl front and tint back. As is the 2nd video. The following 2 videos are with the cpl on the front https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/day-one-videos-from-the-panorama-x2.9535/

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah thanks for the clarification totally missed the "rear" part. We don't have a rear CPL at this time. It's a tiny/small odd shape and very close to the window. I'm open to suggestions if anyone finds something.
It's a good point though - maybe Sungmoon could think about changing the housing or coming up with a clever solution as people may want these for the X1?

I tried the little magnetic one I have with the 0806 but there's nothing for it to hold on to

Perhaps wrap a couple turns of steel wire around the lens "barrel" on the rear camera, but judging from the pics its hard to judge what there is room for.

@reverend do that 0806 filter fit in diameter ?

Sorry, these are NOOB questions.

Son bought me an X2 from Pier28 (Thanks son & Jon!) for Xmas. Had no time to mount it yet so it has been sitting in the box.

Questions:
  1. How hard is it to mount/connect on a 2012 MB E350? Is it an autoelectrician job?
  2. Wirecutter (http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-dash-cam/) had a review that seems a bit contrarian regarding GPS, parking mode and SD card.
    • Is a GPS module necessary?
    • Are Class 10 microSDs overkill?
  3. Would one of those old Nokia phone chargers do to power up the unit for a firmware upgrade?
Still in the box, and was thinking today it would have been useful to catch footage of a guy entering a roundabout dangerously while talking on his mobile phone ...

Many thanks

You're welcome :)

1) The hardest part is running the long microUSB cable to the back. You can find a youtube video on your make/model car to DIY. The second hardest part is connecting the 2 different power wires to the correct fuses. ACC is a power source that is switched meaning only hot while the car is on. BAT+ goes to a power source that is hot 24/7. Just be sure to avoid power sources that have anything to do with the airbag. So yes if you're not very technical, schedule an install at your local car stereo installation shop. It's basic 12V wiring that any tech can do.

2)
-GPS Debate: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/the-argument-for-and-against-gps.8845/
-Class 10 microSD is the minimum, don't use older/slower class 4/6 cards
3)
No the Panorama X2 has a 3 wire pin inside, the Nokia is 2 wire. (works for the Panorama S and G)

Now get to installing! :)

I don't know the specifics of your vehicle, but

• I used a fuse tap and fitted it to the internal fusebox under the glovebox. A fuse tap creates a new circuit just by slotting an adapter into an existing fuse slot. (Think plug and play) A multimeter and $20 of parts, job done in 5 mins.
  • GPS will give you location and speed on your videos. If that's useful for proving who/when/where/why then yes. Personally I wouldn't have a camera without it. You only have to see videos where people comment "oh you were going too fast/slow" to see how a measured calculation of distance over time doesn't cross the mind of a layperson/insurer.
  • Class 10 are not overkill. I'd look a Ultra High Speed Class 1 instead x300 premium or x600 ultimate - pier28 sells these.

Quick question: Using a MAC with the X2 - what software will allow for viewing and saving the files with picture in picture and the GPS data or data overlays/maps? etc also

Good news, there is added automatic PiP (Picture-in Picture) support on the way for DashCamViewer.com !

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/dashcam-viewer-for-mac-and-windows.4357/page-2#post-118407

panorama_x2a.jpg

This is my hardwired setup.....

70e375e44eddf809a35bb7fe54f95747.jpg

Is it safe to use blu tack as a sort of bung to make sure the yellow and black wire don't pop out of the adapter? Don't want to accidentally blow up my car lol

You're welcome :)

1) .... You can find a youtube video on your make/model car to DIY. .... schedule an install at your local car stereo installation shop. It's basic 12V wiring that any tech can do.

I lucked out on youtube but found instructions for similar models though. Being time poor, it is a trip to the sparkies! Thanks for the heads up.

2)
-GPS Debate: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/the-argument-for-and-against-gps.8845/
-Class 10 microSD is the minimum, don't use older/slower class 4/6 cards

In short, the Wirecutter's article is off the mark. Ta.

3)
No the Panorama X2 has a 3 wire pin inside, the Nokia is 2 wire. (works for the Panorama S and G)

What potential issues will it cause? Lack of current draw? Short circuit possibility? Was just thinking of upgrading firmware before taking the unit to the autoelectricians. Also seeing niko do it on his video but wanting to be sure I won't fry the unit before it's debut!

Cheers for the quick reply, sorry for my delayed response.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B X2 0
B X2 9
L X2 2
E X2 2
Joelinnh X2 2
Back