2CH Panorama X2. FullHD + FullHD ( 256Gb ). Sony Exmor CMOS. WDR. GPS. 24/7 Parking Mode Rec.

I finally got round to covering up my X2 in matte black vinyl wrap.
This is what the p
I finally got round to covering up my X2 in matte black vinyl wrap.
This is what the product looks like:
f51ab630b38c34143f9f40181c55d9b9.jpg

This is how the camera now looks in my car. I personally think it blends in really well with the rear view mirror. I had also removed the white lettering with nail polish remover when I first got it, but you shouldn't do this as it will void your warranty. I also removed and spray painted the mounts with a matte black spray.
886840381ec23b73f3bb603ca39de946.jpg

a1c7d04c4e6aec84f3feb27d8cc64608.jpg

9b6cf08eadbbffb2340fbabfb4d88b9d.jpg

I finished my matt black covering too, after several hours during a sunny sunday...:(

IMG_20150222_225332.JPG
IMG_20150222_184145.jpg
IMG_20150222_221312.JPG

@jokiin , I'm so sorry to hide the brand and all the colors but here in Brazil thieves don't forgive us! ;)

Last edited:
Is the "grill" on the front just for the speaker? I see its completely covered in the above photos.

Is the "grill" on the front just for the speaker? I see its completely covered in the above photos.

I think so, isn't it?
According to manual (draft #18) it is the "mic in", but I don't think so because there is a port called "Mic" at the bottom of the X2. I think the "grill" is related just to speaker.

Last edited:
It is fully Covered but ambience sound is being captured pretty well.

Last edited:
Mine is begging for a respray or matter covering now I've taken the decoration off the front - I've temporarily covered the logo in black electrical tape for the short term.

IMG_3031.JPG

Yeah just for now mate, I've been tweaking the focus and might have a play with some other lenses when I get chance.

I've got it pretty much bang on now but not putting the frontage back on until I'm done playing :)

Last edited:
Hey Reverend.......... Ever used spray on Plasti Dip and there's matte black.

Will the x2+gps have any issues with heat in a car left out in the sun?

In the user manual it says:
Avoid placement AND use of the X2 in excessive heat or in direct sunlight. If subjected to these conditions, allow the unit to cool down before operating.

Back when I had a g1w this was of concern because it had an internal battery. I live in socal and the summer can reach 110F (43.3c). The panorama G doesn't have a battery I think, so it was able to withstand higher temp threshold. I'm hoping the x2 can handle it just as good, since the gps will be on the dashboard and the front camera behind my review mirror (with brow tinting at least)

Thank you.

That is just typical factory CYA talk in the manual. The Panorama is tested in hard core heat, no problems at all. 90C/194F is no problem. The memory cards will fail before any Panorama product will. (and have yet to hear of a problem with memory cards either)

That's great to hear! :) Even in a sealed car at 110F the heat wont go up past 175F I think.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B X2 0
B X2 9
L X2 2
E X2 2
Joelinnh X2 2
Back