Panorama S FIRMWARE UPDATE Request Thread (Do Not Flash New 2015 S Units with OLD 2014 firmware!)

SungMoon Jang asked we stop making the now mixed S firmware public to reduce RMA. I'm following his guideline to ask customers to obtain firmware directly from their seller.

SungMoon Jang asked we stop making the now mixed S firmware public to reduce RMA. I'm following his guideline to ask customers to obtain firmware directly from their seller.
I understand that. But why did we need so much time and so many words to say untill you write it on the main page of your thread. Why didnt you write it from start when you are opening the thread. Probably now you will explain in first post what SungMoon Jang asked.
Im just wondering what is next.
And you must definitely start to read what other people write. Im not frustrated. I received firmware v15 from shpkorea but it is 12 mbps. I just wanted 15 mbps but it is ok now.
Now Im just trying to show to other people what they can expext from this forum. Everything but honest approach from start. Maybe they will find what they need but after so much wasted time and words.
English is not my native language and I hope you understand me. Maybe thats the reason why you didnt understand that I received v15 fw and maybe because of that you thought that I was frustrated :)

sorry I don't agree with you, someone sets up selling cheaply without support and pushes the customers to someone that has spent money to develop and enhance the product, so the guy with no support wants the sales and expects someone else support and improve the product
And after this answer we should see this an accusation that shpkorea doesnt have support and he is pushing clients to someone else. Yoi definitely must work on your reading skills what other people write.
Are you telling us that sellers, not the manufacturer are writing firmware? If that you are telling to us then SungMoon Jung is fictional character?

Last edited:
And after this answer we should see this an accusation that shpkorea doesnt have support and he is pushing clients to someone else. Yoi definitely must work on your reading skills what other people write.
Are you telling us that sellers, not the manufacturer are writing firmware? If that you are telling to us then SungMoon Jung is fictional character?

no I'm not saying they push to other people, read around the forums and you'll find people that have trouble getting responses after having bought something, when that happens then they come looking elsewhere for help

you contacted them and got your update which is what you are entitled to so you don't have support problem, you are asking for the export version of firmware which they don't have, that's a different issue and is not support related, sorry if you don't understand that, the manufacturer writes the firmware to what the customer requests, the costs structures are very different between the domestic market seller and the export market seller, you want changes it adds to the price

no I'm not saying they push to other people, read around the forums and you'll find people that have trouble getting responses after having bought something, when that happens then they come looking elsewhere for help

you contacted them and got your update which is what you are entitled to so you don't have support problem, you are asking for the export version of firmware which they don't have, that's a different issue and is not support related, sorry if you don't understand that, the manufacturer writes the firmware to what the customer requests, the costs structures are very different between the domestic market seller and the export market seller, you want changes it adds to the price
Yes you are saying. You finally read what i wrote but now you are trying to say something different from what you said earlier. Now you have other issue you must work on. When you write something then you should stand behind that. Dont change your statement when someone proves you are wrong and stop trying to explain the things on some other way. And noone mentioned that the latest firmware that is compatible to all Panorama S is region related. Now Pier must edit his first post again to state that too. If you continue this way Piers first post will be on two pages. More edits and statements than some usefull informations :) It is obvious and noone of you isnt bald enough to write that you have some issues with other sellers who are last year yours recomendation. Very interesting. Then you should write that :)
And please dont talk to me about firmware development and regions. We are not talking about wifi who is regulatory domain or 110 and 220V so it can be region related. We are talking about dashcam. Try to find some other explanation other than that. This is becoming hilarious to read explanations from all of you.
And forum is here also to help manufacturers to improve their product, to be better and sell better and is free advertising for sellers. And it should be. But you are killing this forum with your poor explanations. Then all other members should be quiet and shouldnt say what could be improved. Without this forum and members from it Panorama S wouldnt be the best camera all around. It would be just another camera in sea if cameras.
And i dont care about other forums. We are talking about this forum. What was last year and what is now. Now is ...
Well members will figure it i hope what are they dealing with and they should expect. You should write that if you dont buy from Pier or Niko you have no right to be here and you should go somewhere else.
And once again will you explain your self why are you doing all of this. You are not panorama manufacturer. Another good samaritan?

I tried to give you a general overview of the situation, the point is obviously missed on you and nothing that is said pleases you anyway so really it's a waste of time, if you think people here don't get help with their products regardless of where they bought from then you don't seem to have done much reading

I understood the point but you are trying to place the point on other way. People have a lot of help on this forum and that is the point of it. But you have again reading issues with what other people write. And you are correct. It is waste of time. You are doing what you are doing and that's it. I will end this now and members will or will not understand how things work here now. If they were last year now it is different but that's OK. You said it is realities of doing business unfortunately. Or maybe you didn't explain that business is on first place. Everything else doesn't matter.

that model is not supported, you'll need to contact shpkorea about it
Now I see another thing about your statements. You were telling me in Panorama S forum that Panorama S model was not supported or just my model i bought from shpkorea. And you expect from people to take you seriously after this answer?

Now I see another thing about your statements. You were telling me in Panorama S forum that Panorama S model was not supported or just my model i bought from shpkorea. And you expect from people to take you seriously after this answer?

contact your seller for support

Please send me PM with the latest firmware, bought my Panorama S from shpkorea on ebay in August 2014.
It is currently running stock version: 1.12.06 2014-04-22 18:00
To @Pier28
It seems that im the only one who bought Panorama S from shpkorea you didnt want to send the firmware. Is there another issue? You didnt send it because of shpkorea? With what do you have a problem?

@whisper please contact your seller SHPKOREA for firmware. They will make sure you receive the proper update based on your batch specs and serial number. I have no way of knowing and was told to only support verified customers

@whisper please contact your seller SHPKOREA for firmware. They will make sure you receive the proper update based on your batch specs and serial number. I have no way of knowing and was told to only support verified customers
Thank you for all of your help :)

contact your seller for support

Thank you. I hope I will never use product you produce. Have a nice day. :)

Thank you for all of your help :)

Thank you. I hope I will never use product you produce. Have a nice day. :)
Jokiin is a good manufacturer and you never know that you want to use something from him.
Be and remain a gentleman.

Jokiin is a good manufacturer and you never know that you want to use something from him.
Be and remain a gentleman.
I was and I stayed gentleman. I didn't say he isn't good manufacturer but he should stay in manufacturing. Not to involve in things that are not related to his products.
I don't see what could be wrong with my statement. I didn't insult him on any way. That was my wish addressed to me. Not to him.

I have a panorama ii FW 1.12.01 looking for newer 1.15.xx as I am having it freeze during recording,

No it is not a memory card problem. I have 4 different cards (64gb). 2 platinum II, 1 samsung pro, 1 SanDisk extreme.

And they have all frozen either black screen or an image.
No errors, and they have been formatted.
They have no.problems in my lukas

That sounds like faulty hardware that needs replacing - if it locks up with multiple cards there's a high risk it will lock up and brick the camera during an update too

That sounds like faulty hardware that needs replacing - if it locks up with multiple cards there's a high risk it will lock up and brick the camera during an update too

yeah I'd tend to agree, trying to update might turn it into a brick, these are not end user recoverable, if you brick it then the warranty is void, better to get it back to the seller, if they brick it that's their problem not yours, it sounds like it is beyond that anyway so back for warranty is the way to go

yeah I'd tend to agree, trying to update might turn it into a brick, these are not end user recoverable, if you brick it then the warranty is void, better to get it back to the seller, if they brick it that's their problem not yours, it sounds like it is beyond that anyway so back for warranty is the way to go
Warranty is long gone, brick or how it is now makes no difference..
This was just at last ditch effort, before I pitched it in the trash.. I should have just bought 2 hp's from costco for the price I paid for the panorama II... and the warranty would be longer than 2 months.

Last edited:
Back