Review of the Thinkware F750-2CH?

Just picked up one of these in Brooklyn NY at a local bestbuy. Upgraded from a Marcus 3 that was having issues with corrupting video files.

The camera is pretty nice, build quality is very solid (so was the Marcus), video quality is a little better than the Marcus 3.

Annoying item: The audio it records is great, but it picks up the internal camera electronic whine and hiss, so if you need audio in your dashcam, you hear a lot of whining and hissing. You can hear people talking and the surrounding audio, but its very distracting. I guess if I ever need the footage, the audio isn't very important, and you can hear conversation fine, but I think its something to point out.

Hi All,

My virgin post after reading the reviews of BV650 vs F750 2 ch and had decided to go for F750.
The choice is very clear that F750 is the winner in this comparison.
Yet to install and do hope to be able to contribute with some reviews soon.

Test view 360° with x2 Thinkware F750
You must choose 4K 2160p for high quality video
Composition made with Adobe Premiere Pro

Ok so the Thinkware F750 is installed front and rear, still waiting on hard-wiring to a Cellink-B when that arrives from Korea.

Externally, the build quality is excellent, just as good if not better than the BlackVue. It's not *as* discrete as the BlackVue due to the contrasting colours of the camera case, but that doesn't concern me too much as it isn't "hey look, come and steal me" obvious. I personally doubt the desirability of dashcam's in thefts anyway, but maybe I'm being naive?

It actually works better with my BMW with ConnectedDrive + adaptive headlights as it has a smaller width than the DR650 and doesn't obstruct the light sensor nearly as much.

I've only had a short play with it today when I went out for breakfast but the video quality in my opinion was outstanding and far superior to the DR650. The image is just super sharp, no pixialtion at all and the motion is records is VERY smooth. It's easily noticeably better than the DR650 and even my girlfriend commented on how great the quality was.

The audio quality is also far superior to the DR650. The music playing in the car, which had a lot of bass, recorded without distortion and you could hear our voices loud and clear over the music.

I have the sensitity for event recording set to medium. The sensitivity of the event recording is much less of that of the BlackVue which when set on it's lowest setting would beep when manoeuvring, taking corners, going over small bumps etc. On my travels, purposefully taking corners fast and going over small bumps it didn't record a single 'event'.

The speed camera warning alerted me to a local camera when I was out this morning which was great, I'm yet to take it on my commute to work so I don't know how accurate the feature will be.

One annoying thing which I'm yet to fully investigate is there doesn't seem to be individual settings for each mode's voice settings. So currently I get a womens voice telling when the device is ON, when GPS in ON, when the device switches OFF etc. I'm not sure if setting the volume settings to 0 will mute the speed camera feature.

It has a dedicated button for manual record which the BlackVue lacks, a button for stopping sound recording, WiFi toggle, and even a dedicated sd card format button. It also has WiFi WPS which made connecting a doddle... I didn't even need to read the manual for the password.

The Android/iPhone app is of a superior design and is considerably better than the BlackVues lacklustre app. The only downside is on Android M Preview, the WiFi connection rapidly connects and disconnects. I had no problem using my girlfriends iPhone 6 and my Nexus 10 tablet on Android 5.1.

I'm yet to try out the parking mode stuff because I haven't hard-wired yet but I'll endeavour to update this post when I do.

Please let me know if there's anything you want to ask.

For parking mode, can one just plug in the cigarette adapter (which on mine is always on even with ignition off) and then set the cam via the app to turn off if car battery goes below a certain voltage, rather than hard wiring it?

Hi leggo. yes u can.

One more question, if it has constant power via cigarette adapter, will the cam automatically go into parking mode after the car is stationary for say 5 mins?

No. The only way to start parking mode is to remove 12V from the ACC connection whilst the BATTERY connection is still powered. With the auxiliary power lead (aka cigarette) both are wired together. Parking mode is only feasible using the Thinkware hardwire connection cable which has ACC and BATTERY on separate wires.

No. The only way to start parking mode is to remove 12V from the ACC connection whilst the BATTERY connection is still powered. With the auxiliary power lead (aka cigarette) both are wired together. Parking mode is only feasible using the Thinkware hardwire connection cable which has ACC and BATTERY on separate wires.

That's a shame, will look at other dash cams then, thanks for the reply

why don't u want to hardwire? it's very simple to do...

I already have my mini 0803 hardwired which I have now placed on rear window, there is no room in my car to install another

I tested the Thinkware F750. I found the video (set to normal), during the day and at night, was a bit grainy, like its over exposed. Colors were not as vibrant, especially at night and license plates tend to be very reflective and unable to read. The GPS has to be manually setup within the software to get correct time and date, with no option to turn off. With the memory card plugged into the computer, software will automatically look and read directly from the card, or you can download the video files to your desktop and read from there. Software is at times very unstable, gives me flashbacks of using MS Movie Maker and GPS takes forever to load .... still no mapped out route. Maybe there's an update coming? Build quality is very good and audio playback is respectable. There are a few bells and whistles if that's your sort of thing....lane departure warning, front collision warning even, WIFI (for iPhone and Android users only). You can download video clips directly to your iPhone or tablet without removing the memory card, (one minute clips only...this would explain the lower bit rate possibly?) Camera does tend to standout when mounted on a windshield and the computer voice does get annoying.

Over all, its not a bad dash cam. But for $400 + dollars, there are much better options available on the market....just my 2 cents.

One reason I bought the F750 is that it is one of the few dashcams that offer both a rear camera and viable parking mode in the same package. So even if the video quality of certain single channel dashcams is better, it does not necessarily make them a better option as a package.

There are also a few comments in golfers27's review that simply don't match my experience of using the F750: GPS was automatic; the PC software seems stable to me and the GPS routing is mapped OK.

One reason I bought the F750 is that it is one of the few dashcams that offer both a rear camera and viable parking mode in the same package. So even if the video quality of certain single channel dashcams is better, it does not necessarily make them a better option as a package.

There are also a few comments in golfers27's review that simply don't match my experience of using the F750: GPS was automatic; the PC software seems stable to me and the GPS routing is mapped OK.

That's quite possible and everyone is going to have different opinions .... that's cool and I respect that. This was my second Thinkware F750 dash cam. The first one had a problem with the wifi and wouldn't connect making it pretty much useless. It was returned under store warranty for another. Don;'t get me wrong, its still a good dash cam but the over all video quality is slightly above average for its price. If this dash cam works best for you then great and I sincerely mean that.

Over all, its not a bad dash cam. But for $400 + dollars, there are much better options available on the market....just my 2 cents.
For dashcams with front and rear 1080p and without an LCD screen on the front, I think the only choices are Cowon AW2 or Thinkware F750. I had the AW2 previously but the built-in speaker broke after a few months, so all voice announcements come out as loud noises. I'm hoping the F750 is more reliable.

Hello Everyone!

I just received my F750 as a gift and am a little lost. My cam videos look nothing like what several of you posted here and what i've seen on youtube. I'm thinking it has to do with the firmware that I've upgraded to (v 1.00.15). Can someone post firmware v 1.00.06, so i can reflash and see if that fixes my video quality issues?
I'm not quite sure how this works so I will tag a few users who posted nice reviews and were on v. 1.00.06
@drewzh
@niko
@Adam020
@jpm
@Pier28

Back