i1000 / F70 / X6 720P Dual Lens DVR Dash Camera

harrym1byt said:
Not sure how the above would work and I would like to swap the image left to right, so it matches my interior mirror view.

if your camera doesn't have the switch to change to mirror reverse then you'd need a different camera, there are 3 types in use for these, normal, mirror reverse and switchable

harrym1byt said:
Regarding the mentioned interference on 2M and FM radio - has anyone thought to try adding some ferrite rings on the rear camera and Power leads?

Yes, with clamp-on ferrites on the power cable, no effect at all. The rear camera does not have any influence on the interference.

I have tried using other power sources as well. It is the main unit itself, even when running on battery.

I tried to fit some foil inside the main unit to reduce interference. I think it reduces interference a little bit, but I am not sure.
I am still looking for a replacement camera with a similiar small mounting factor ;).

Regards

I have partially re-written the English manual, just for my own benefit, but thought it might be of some use to others as well. If anyone wants a copy its here...

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/m1byt/Car...p%20Manual.doc It works in MS Word.

If anyone can add to it, or improve on it, please feel free to bounce it back.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the first time yesterday, I allowed my cam to fill up its memory card at which point it refused to record and showed something like 'memory card full' on its screen.

It clearly suggests it is supposed to be able to loop around and over write the older recordings, but it didn't do that. I cannot find a specific settings to allow it to over write the older recordings, has anyone any suggestions as to what might be causing it not to over write?

dashcamjunior said:
harrym1byt said:
Regarding the mentioned interference on 2M and FM radio - has anyone thought to try adding some ferrite rings on the rear camera and Power leads?

Yes, with clamp-on ferrites on the power cable, no effect at all. The rear camera does not have any influence on the interference.

harrym1byt`s post made me think about it again.

I have tried again, and two 3cm long clamp-on ferrites on both ends of the power cable with three windings each manage to attenuate the RFI a bit, so the 2m amateur radio band is somewhat usable, but still with audible interference.

Hi all :)

Just got my cam from ebay: HD Auto DVR Recorder Dual Kamera Monitor+Rückfahrkamera G-Sensor Nachtsicht 2in1, from the seller sourcesonline.

First try, first problem: I installed the camera to go to work without the back camera and everything went fine, I then try with the back camera connected; The videos keep getting blocked... The sound is find but the videos just freeze, seems it just alternate between blocking front and back cam.

Here are the two videos (didn't find any software able to superpose the two videos without altering image quality):
Front videos #
Back videos

This was with a class 4 16Gb Kingstar microSd, hope that with a class 10 card I will have some better result. I'll try with the new card next week.

Anyone already succeed to fix this problem or should I ask for a refund/exchange?

harrym1byt said:
For the first time yesterday, I allowed my cam to fill up its memory card at which point it refused to record and showed something like 'memory card full' on its screen.

It clearly suggests it is supposed to be able to loop around and over write the older recordings, but it didn't do that. I cannot find a specific settings to allow it to over write the older recordings, has anyone any suggestions as to what might be causing it not to over write?

I think I have resolved it....

The RT (Record Time) has various settings for the record time, including one for OFF which produces the longest recordings of ten minutes. It seems that the OFF also means it will not loop record, which isn't very logical.

dashcamjunior said:
dashcamjunior said:
harrym1byt said:

harrym1byt`s post made me think about it again.

I have tried again, and two 3cm long clamp-on ferrites on both ends of the power cable with three windings each manage to attenuate the RFI a bit, so the 2m amateur radio band is somewhat usable, but still with audible interference.

The ciggy lighter plug is actually a SMPSU - might the interference be radiating from that?

I checked my settings today, indeed you have to set a recording interval for loop recording: Disabling any intervals will result in a single big file filling the memory, and most probably it is not possible to delete a portion of the same file the camera is actually recording into.

harrym1byt said:
The ciggy lighter plug is actually a SMPSU - might the interference be radiating from that?

Probably not, as the interference doesn`t change whether the 12V lighter plug side is plugged in or not. Interference does decrease however when unplugging the USB plug from the camera, the PSU being active or not. I have tried using other 12V to 5V USB PSUs and a "pure" USB cable, with equal results.

With a 2m or airband receiver, you can hear clearly when the camera CPU powers up or down - even with the ferrite chokes installed. However, I did not check RFI again with a battery operated handheld receiver since.

In the future, I will install a hardwired 4x USB PSU permanently, as I have other devices (tablet, GPS receiver and maybe more) to feed. Maybe I will try to install a shielded power cable to the camera, plus the ferrite chokes.

just got my hd 1080 dvr and the screen image for the forward facing camera is upside/down. when i turn the unit 180 degrees it is still upside/down . any ideas?? i reset the unit to no avail. i found out how to change to English by reading this forum so hopping to get more info here.

can not find a flip option. i feel there must be one however

Not sure who really made this unit.

Last edited:
jokiin: thanks for your help on this problem. the rear cam is ok since i can just flip the cam if the image is upside/down.

had to take down link. will get in back later

Back