Where did you mount the camera? Post your pictures

Nice little hiding spot. Didn't realize the SGZC12RC V2 was small enough to fit in the space.

Nice little hiding spot. Didn't realize the SGZC12RC V2 was small enough to fit in the space.

Yeah, actually the size of DVR is smaller than it looks

SGZC12RC size.jpg

It may fit into many different and some time unusual places, depending on fantasy and car make / model
X1 Mounted In Car (5).jpg

X1 Mounted In Car (6).jpg

X1 Mounted In Car (7).jpg

X1 Mounted In Car (8).jpg

Last edited:
You're absolutely correct Niko, it doesn't look so big in these shots.
I used to drive a Golf and remember the small glove box to the right of the steering wheel on the RHD model which would have been ideal (as your screenshot shows).

The over the sun visor is interesting. If there is an option to flip the screen 180 degrees one could Velcro it to the roofliner.

Here's how NOT to install a dashcam.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Dashcam/comments/41roxa/just_got_my_new_and_first_dashcam_hubby_thought/
LWCVyP1.jpg

The over the sun visor is interesting. If there is an option to flip the screen 180 degrees one could Velcro it to the roofliner.
Even if breaching a warranty and do some DIY by opening unit to try flipping screen, it is not possible, cable connecting screen to PCB is too short.
The only way is via software, but not sure if / when it can be done.

Still there are many ways how to attach it to roofliner the way it sits correctly as is, but its all involved some work on additional mounting solution.

That would be a great idea if he had somehow removed the dots that were blocking the field of view. The dash cam would blend right in when viewing from the outside.

Received my SGZC12RC V2 from hiniko.com (thanks Nikolai, very helpful) and thought I'd just quickly show where I installed the main unit in my Honda Civic. I'm no expert on dashcams so there may be negatives to where I put it but it was an almost ideal spot as far as I can tell. It was a bit of messing around having to take the center console out but was easy once I'd found a decent guide here that shows you how to do it (although you'll have to register to see the images it's 100% worth it). You'll also have to drill a small hole through the back of the compartment (a top corner is best) for cables but is easy to do and it won't easily be seen if you remove the unit when you sell the car, unless they get down on their knees and look right into the compartment, but it's at the top so won't be an issue anyway.

Just to note you won't be able to stick the unit down as there's no space to get your finger in to turn it on or off, plug in the memory card etc, but it's no problem for me just leaving it loose as it's a nice snug fit anyway and doesn't really move and it can easily be pulled out etc when needed as long as you've fed enough cable in when fitting the center console back. Also you can just shut the compartment door and nobody will know it's there.

View attachment 20313

View attachment 20314

With the compartment door shut.

View attachment 20315
Nice install

You can not erase that dots even if you want using any tool. Dots are fixed at high temperatures when creating the windshield.

enjoy,
Mtz

You can not erase that dots even if you want using any tool. Dots are fixed at high temperatures when creating the windshield.

enjoy,
Mtz
Awesome. Thanks!

Thanks again, guys :)

Back