GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

OK, it seems firmware 1.3 corrects these defaults:
  • 14. Fixed: Image shake issue on 720P video mode while Gyro stabilization enabled.
  • 15. Fixed: Custom shutter speed issues - double exposure time and low ISO image brighter than higher ISO
Thanks, I don't see this new firmware. I will do the upgrade.

Git2 on open frame with a 37mm CPL for lens protection on my 250 mini quad, testing new CC3D PID config and flight modes, all went fine, had some rolls and loops but something weir has happens and the quad kept losing power ending in a wobble and crash. Battery was at 3.75V / cell so it wasn't that. I may take it apart and check wring. On the Git2 the 37 mm CPL adds some vignetting but it's a trade off for the protection it gave, especially that it got scratched at the end.

Next time, choose something soft to land on :eek:

Next time, choose something soft to land on :eek:
Good advice, but I could barely control the quad, still haven't figured what went wrong with it. I suspect some soldering between the battery and ESC's.

Back OT
The Git2 is really a solid cam, didn't expect to find it untouched after such hit, if you look carefully you can see some rocks moved by it. I did had luck with the CPL as it has several scratches on it.

I have a gitup git 2... Is possibile to activate the 2.7k video format??? Is incredible the have a 4k interpolated but not 2.7k.... gitup please answer me with positive feedback..

Hey guys, I am new to the action camera scene. Can anyone help me understand how to take long exposure pictures at night with the Git2? What settings would I use to do so?

Git2 on open frame with a 37mm CPL for lens protection on my 250 mini quad, testing new CC3D PID config and flight modes, all went fine, had some rolls and loops but something weir has happens and the quad kept losing power ending in a wobble and crash. Battery was at 3.75V / cell so it wasn't that. I may take it apart and check wring. On the Git2 the 37 mm CPL adds some vignetting but it's a trade off for the protection it gave, especially that it got scratched at the end.

so you didn't have the camera in a case at all, just the filter? not bad! i'm guessing you had the mic sensitivity all the way down.

I have a gitup git 2... Is possibile to activate the 2.7k video format??? Is incredible the have a 4k interpolated but not 2.7k.... gitup please answer me with positive feedback..
I think that the 2.7K would only be possible at a lower frame rate like the interpolated 4K (24fps).

Hey guys, I am new to the action camera scene. Can anyone help me understand how to take long exposure pictures at night with the Git2? What settings would I use to do so?
You need to select manual shutter (1,3,10 seconds, etc) also a manual low ISO value like 50,100 and also make use of the self timer (10S) to avoid shaking the camera. You need to keep the camera absolutely still (tripod)

so you didn't have the camera in a case at all, just the filter? not bad! i'm guessing you had the mic sensitivity all the way down.
It was on default level, I think it does some auto leveling.

Yes, but the GitUp 2.7K is the most common used. I think 100 pixels are not so important.

enjoy,
Mtz

Hello
I received my git 2 pro yesterday from amazon and after a few videos, I have a few conclusions and questions. Daytime videos are great, even used it as a dashcam at 1080 60fps and compared to my G90 dashcam (Ambarella A7LS sensor inside) the video is sharper, better contrast and colours.
But indoors the videos are really bad. Grainy image, dead pixels everywhere (they disapear when filming outdors, then others pop up when I get back inside, not in the same place) , the video quality is poor, looks like 640x480 vga. I ve updated to the latest firmware 1.3 I think it is, same thing, indoors with natural light video is unusable. Add artificial light and it gets even worse ( I know all cameras have issues wit artificial lighting). I used to own GoPro Hero 4 Silver which I returned do to wifi/sound problems (340 euros and both units come faulty, known issue with gopro, they don t care), and with the same memory card ( Lexar class 10 U3) the indoors video on the Gopro under the same conditions was flawless. My pc is brand new, Intel Skylake i5 6600 k processor, I ve tried vlc player, quicktime player, splash lite, same results.
So do you also experience this problem with your git 2 ? Is it normal with this camera? White balance was 0, colours normal, wdr not activated, basically factory settings, I didn t touch a thing, except angle from wide to narrow. I filmed without the waterproof case, which came with a missing screw in the lens area, so the case did not affect the video.
Also which app do you use to conect to the cam? I ve tried FinalCam and I don t recomend this app.
Thank you

I think (after similar experience and then some settings tweaking after which the results became much better), that default auto ISO setting might not be working very well. It seems to me that it would select very high ISO, and then the video gets very grainy indeed and has a few of those ugly white spots.

I manually set ISO to 100 and made sure I had just enough lighting for such setting and the video got much much better. I also selected soft sharpening which helped, too, I believe.

A couple of videos taken in the few moments that the sun has been seen around here.

I have reduced the volume of the second video because of some annoying sounds with the gimbal.
Really I didn't trust so much in Gyro, but at the end of the second video, in the car, I recorded with Gyro ON and the result was better than I expected. On the road there were many holes, and all the way that I recorded, practically they are not appreciated vibrations. And all this while preserving the quality pretty good. That was the most surprising thing for me.

Greetings!

...Really I didn't trust so much in Gyro, but at the end of the second video, in the car, I recorded with Gyro ON and the result was better than I expected. On the road there were many holes, and all the way that I recorded, practically they are not appreciated vibrations. And all this while preserving the quality pretty good. That was the most surprising thing for me.

Greetings!
Nice videos :)

The gyro and gimbal do different jobs, I think all the video would have been better with both of them on. Any loss of quality from using the gyro is invisible by the time it has been through YouTube.

The gyro, being electronic, can respond a lot faster than the gimbal but the gimbal has a far greater range of movement. The gimbal can only correct rotation, the gyro can also correct for vertical and horizontal linear motion.

It would be good to see some more video with both gimbal and gyro operating...

too bad about the sound in the second one - i love hearing the ocean. here, the closest beach is Galveston Island, and the waves are really more like ripples - on a windy day the waves MIGHT get up to my knees. the only time we get real waves is when we get a hurricane. and then you don't want to be at the beach. ;)

in the 2nd video - were you using any slow motion effects? sometimes it looked that way, but then the waves looked normal speed - hard to tell. awesome views in both though - thanks for sharing!

I think (after similar experience and then some settings tweaking after which the results became much better), that default auto ISO setting might not be working very well. It seems to me that it would select very high ISO, and then the video gets very grainy indeed and has a few of those ugly white spots.

I manually set ISO to 100 and made sure I had just enough lighting for such setting and the video got much much better. I also selected soft sharpening which helped, too, I believe.

I hope they fix this in future updates, because this ruins a good camera for the price.
Today I ve made some indoors fotos in the same places as with Gopro 4 and the photos are very similar, the only problem is with videos. I did change iso to 100 and contrast to soft as you recomended and got some slightly better videos both indoors and in my garage (lowlight conditions ) then with factory settings, but still grainy video.
Went on the beach as it was very very cloudy today and did some tests. Even with clouds completely covering the sky the video was nice in 1080/30 fps/60fps and 2k/24fps. Made a side by side compairison with Iphone 6 and that is very very sharp compaired to Git2, still for the price, Git 2 does a decent (a bit grainy but ok) video for the price under these cloudy conditions
Also the upper button just came out of the waterproof case while adjusting settings, I fixed that when got home, makes me wonder how waterproof it is (specially when it arrived with a miising screw in the front of the case's lenses).
Still not happy with the quality of indoors videos, it s unbelievable that at 12 o'clock during the day with the sun up on the sky I can t get a smooth video in the living room, this kind of limits the use of the camera to outdoors use only.

The International Space Station speeded up by x12 recorded in "4K" video resolution.

Considering that it was dark and the ISS is 400Km away it did a lot better than I expected. The white crescent on the left is the moon, the sky is a little blue on the left because it is only half an hour after sunset so the sky was actually still a little blue on the left.

(You might need to select a high resolution to avoid YouTube compressing the ISS out of existence!)

Back