GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

Hi. I ordered a Git2 about a week ago via gitup.com, but it still hasn't shipped even though the webshop claimed it is in stock. I have also enquired about the status of my order (which has been showing "payment accepted" for a week) via the website as well as via email. No response to either. Is this what everyone is experiencing?

@ristretto In China they are celebrating the new year, festival of spring, lantern festival etc. so, for about 2 weeks there is almost no working activity. The big party should end around 16 February.

Ok. Thanks for a quick reply. I was not aware of the festive season in China or that it would last that long. Would have been nice of Gitup to inform of that on the order confirmation and/or in the webshop to avoid frustrations...

I think he did mentioned on the forums about the CNY, also for the most of the period he was online, just for the last few days he went partying :D Anyway in this period also the postal services cease to work so even if the camera was sent it's probably now resting in a storage container waiting to be shipped.

Well, mentioning downtime on discussion forums (but not on the manufacturers own site or webshop prior to or upon ordering) may not be the most effective way of informing prospective customers of a business downtime lasting more than a week. Downright unacceptable in most businesses I would say. But maybe that's just me.

Anyway, I hope my order ships sooner rather than later so that I can focus on the product rather than the service.

Yeah we have new years evening, the guys out there have new year weeks, and if my knowlege of the culture serve me right it is the most important holliday of the year for them.
Its so big the whole country allmost shut down, but then again when we are flat on our asses for 3 weeks this summer, they will be hard at work.
Okay Denmark and Finland dont shut down during the summer break, but a lot of things actually trottle down a lot.
For one my old company, during the year there is 40-or 50 ppl working every day, during the 3 weeks of summer break there is only a skeleton crew of a handfull of ppl catering to customers worldwide that might have a transmission faliure.

And that they seemingly wanted to end due to implementation of LEAN - JIT and what not, anything but having millions of DKkr tied up in transmission parts sitting on shelves.
Offcourse they cant do that, but poor middle managment is hard to turn around, i tried and it cost me my mental helth first and then my job. :(

Pavle ---> Great review but I can't believe you dislike the screw color so much. I think using screws shows a better design thought then most chinese cameras which are snap together plastic. Being in silver color versus black, I think the silver offsets the black case and lets the user know this is quality construction. Hey, that is my thought as a regular user.

Thanks.
To me it looks like the pimple on the nose, stands out without any particular purpose :)
I like simple design and really do not like silver screws on black mask, can't help it.

Because of good reviews and trustfull chinese web supplier, i ordered a Git2 camera propack at Gearbest.

When it arrived last week, after unboxing and charging, it was a DOA.

I have to make a lot of extra costs, to send it back.
Cutsomer service seems poor from Gearbest

Are there more people who got a DOA camera from Gearbest ?

@TechTronic9000, after unboxing, pushed in the battery and empty 32 Gig micro sd (formatted fat 32) in the cam, and got it 3 hours loading.
At first no response at all, no blinking photo led at front, but after several tries, a green led light blinking for 3 hours.
After loading, when pushing power button, no response at all. Tried everything, another USB cable, battery out, and in, formated sd card again, but nothing happens.

I do not want to send Git2 back, because of high costst, long duration, and bad reviews , and unreliable Gearbest support.
http://www.gizchina.com/forums/topic/beware-of-gearbest-support-service/
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2570353

Thanks for quick response ;-)

Last edited:
Nothing, same problems, no response from cam at all. I am also sure that cam was never tested before leaving Gitup or Gearbest. I registred already a ticket for these problems at Gearbest and Gitup to.

Nothing, same problems, no response from cam at all. I am also sure that cam was never tested before leaving Gitup or Gearbest. I registred already a ticket for these problems at Gearbest and Gitup to.

gearbest is just a seller, they're not going to test it, it would have been tested as part of the production process, they won't knowingly pack it up with a problem, that doesn't mean a component can't fail afterwards, or something gets damaged in transit, it can happen with any brand and any product

Ik know, sh*t happens sometimes, therefor my question in this forum, "Are there more people who got a DOA camera from Gearbest ?"

Ik know, sh*t happens sometimes, therefor my question in this forum, "Are there more people who got a DOA camera from Gearbest ?"

Gearbest constantly spam deals all over the place, here included, they're the most prolific here so you'll see more people here that have bought something from them, if they have a problem you'll read about it here so you'll find plenty of people that have had product problems, not with your particular product, but any product, they're a Chinese seller so it's all about price, the after service isn't as smooth as the purchase unfortunately

@harrie nak Do you keep power button pressed around 5 seconds ? Take also the battery out and reinsert it, be sure it's fully in as you may find out that the battery has a kind of "step" which it needs to pass to make contact.

Does it start up if you plug it into a computer?

If not, download the latest firmware from gitup.com , put it in the root of the memory card and press the power button... it should flash the front LEDs while installing, when they fully stop flashing (give it plenty of time) remove the firmware from the card and then power on normally with a 4 second press of the power button...

Actually, the latest firmware also needs an updated loader so is a bit more complicated, maybe you should try the previous version first.

Back