GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

Gave the Git2 a proper trashing, i think the gyro is still sick :D (joking). It does a hell of a good job. My quad doesn't have balanced propellers, no PID tuning and after some crashes it lost a tip of a propeller, the Git2 still makes up for that and only under excessive judder it shakes the image a bit, but no jello. Sorry about the weather (fog). Hope you enjoy it, I have also included the crashes for the fun of it !

Gave the Git2 a proper trashing, i think the gyro is still sick :D (joking). It does a hell of a good job. My quad doesn't have balanced propellers, no PID tuning and after some crashes it lost a tip of a propeller, the Git2 still makes up for that and only under excessive judder it shakes the image a bit, but no jello. Sorry about the weather (fog). Hope you enjoy it, I have also included the crashes for the fun of it !

FYI you should not move the quad after plugging in the battery - it is calibrating itself while it's singing that song. so you should always put it on a flat, level surface, plug it in, then wait for the beeps to finish. THEN you can move it.

otherwise great video. that drop of water on the lens really shows just how hard the gyro is working to keep things stable!

i might try making a video like that - one camera on chest mount so you can see the controller/view, and another on the quad. i wonder how much of the shaking was because of ice forming on the propellers! looks neat in the fog/snow. do you have any lights on your quad? it helps a LOT once it gets more than a few meters away, so you can tell which way is forwards.

i also need to get a big battery like that so i can have longer flight times. with my 1500mah 3s batteries, i get about 5 minutes without the action camera, or 4 minutes with. not that the git2 is heavy, but git2+waterproof case+mount is about 300 grams... and when your entire quad (minus battery) only weighs like 400 grams (i haven't actually weighed it - only guessing), that's a lot!

Last edited:
oh yeah one more thing... when that landing gear eventually breaks off (looks the same as mine - little "V" shaped legs), i found that plastic practice golf balls work REALLY good as landing gear. light weight, cheap, easy to attach with zip-ties, and since they're soft they help take the shock out of a hard landing. and since they're plastic, they allow it to slide if you come in for a landing with too much lateral slide, so it won't catch and immediately flip over. and with LEDs on the underside of the arms, the golf balls light up like beacons at night. which makes it easy to find when you're flying in the back yard at night and you crash into a rosebush. :D

Attachments

• IMG_20160129_191937-01.jpg
    IMG_20160129_191937-01.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 22
Hey guys, can i buy this item for my git2? Thanks if any1 can help me :D
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Phot-R-The-F...190220?hash=item3f57df474c:g:5q4AAOSwcBhWVuIe
sure, but why? gitup includes a much better mount. i think it comes with all versions of their packaging, not just pro. i like it much better than the frame mount you linked to, and it already has a tripod hole in the mount. http://www.gitup.com/en/mounts/38-dashcam-frame-for-gitup.html
dashcam-frame-for-gitup.jpg

hehe how the hell did you get that quad in there Gibson :D

hehe how the hell did you get that quad in there Gibson :D
normally i would say "very carefully" but in this case it was quite the opposite. too bad i didn't have a camera on it - could have been an interesting ride! of course at night, the video would probably be pretty boring.

FYI you should not move the quad after plugging in the battery - it is calibrating itself while it's singing that song. so you should always put it on a flat, level surface, plug it in, then wait for the beeps to finish. THEN you can move it.

otherwise great video. that drop of water on the lens really shows just how hard the gyro is working to keep things stable!

i might try making a video like that - one camera on chest mount so you can see the controller/view, and another on the quad. i wonder how much of the shaking was because of ice forming on the propellers! looks neat in the fog/snow. do you have any lights on your quad? it helps a LOT once it gets more than a few meters away, so you can tell which way is forwards.

i also need to get a big battery like that so i can have longer flight times. with my 1500mah 3s batteries, i get about 5 minutes without the action camera, or 4 minutes with. not that the git2 is heavy, but git2+waterproof case+mount is about 300 grams... and when your entire quad (minus battery) only weighs like 400 grams (i haven't actually weighed it - only guessing), that's a lot!

I have disabled the CC3D auto calibration at arming/startup. I've calibrated it onto a level flat surface, saved the settings and now i don't have to worry about that. I'm planing to add a few LED's some red / green for better visibility. I also like your golf ball landing gear and indeed the small V shaped ones are crap as mine rattle arround and it seems that regardles of how well i push them back, they find a way of getting loose. @Gibson99 what motors / propellers do you have on your quad, 5 minutes seems very little. I'm running heavy ate more than 700+ grams with the Git2 and waterproof case, but without that in this weather and conditions i would have surly broken it.

I have disabled the CC3D auto calibration at arming/startup. I've calibrated it onto a level flat surface, saved the settings and now i don't have to worry about that. I'm planing to add a few LED's some red / green for better visibility. I also like your golf ball landing gear and indeed the small V shaped ones are crap as mine rattle arround and it seems that regardles of how well i push them back, they find a way of getting loose. @Gibson99 what motors / propellers do you have on your quad, 5 minutes seems very little. I'm running heavy ate more than 700+ grams with the Git2 and waterproof case, but without that in this weather and conditions i would have surly broken it.
i bought this kit from banggood preassembled (it's my first real quad - i don't count the H8 Mini I also got since that's basically a toy). i have 5040 props on motors labeled MT2204-2300KV. mine is also CC3D but i haven't connected it to the PC for calibration or any tweaks - it was ready to fly out of the box - just attach props and battery and go. no FPV gear, so i had to buy that separate. now that i've had a little practice flying line of sight, i want to try FPV so I may install the cam/vtx soon. I'll have to change up how they wired the LEDs so i can use one of the power switches for the LEDs, but that's no big deal, just a little solder.

ON TOPIC! once i have the video transmitter installed, i will FINALLY get to try out the FPV cable that came with my Git1 - I'll try it on both the Git1 and Git2, with the receiver connected to an old TV, so that i can easily record video showing how much lag it has or doesn't have. the gitup cameras are a little too large to use on something like a 250 racer as your main camera, especially if you're serious about racing, but on larger craft i could easily see them being used as the sole camera onboard to both record the flight and provide a feed for FPV. if i wanted to record my racing, i would probably look into getting a mobius or joovoo xcam instead simply due to form factor and weight.

Im kinda hooked on the walkera furious 320, but thats pretty normal for me to have feelings like that when i have no money.
walkera-furious-320-fpv-drone-2.jpg

Like the tilt rotors :cool:

sure, but why? gitup includes a much better mount. i think it comes with all versions of their packaging, not just pro. i like it much better than the frame mount you linked to, and it already has a tripod hole in the mount. http://www.gitup.com/en/mounts/38-dashcam-frame-for-gitup.html
dashcam-frame-for-gitup.jpg

Worth of mentioning is that 1/4 screw hole is too small for some monopods so putting additional piece of metal/plastic is a must in order to use on monopods.

Did somebody found proper size for filters for waterproof case? Hero4 size is too small. I am making dome so I want to use filter as the attachment method of case to dome.

Reactions: Jde
Question: Does your gitup sound like if there is something is moving inside it when you shake it?

This video is not mine but my cam has the same sound:

EDTI: I've been doing tests and it's caused by the side button (config button). If I shake the gitup with my thumb over this button then there is no noise... Is there something we can do to avoid that noise? When recording it's really annoying...

Last edited:
I tried to check "hot pixels" on my cam - just because of curiosity - is that a real problem. In complete darkness i can see a white dots in different parts of the frame and they are visible for just a moment - that's in darkness so in reall conditions there is no such problem. But I have another question. I tested my cam both with gyro on and gyro off. And when I'm moving my cam in darkness the white hand of gyro sign on the screen is remaining white. But it should be orange when stabilisation is working - and in usual conditions it really change its colour. So does the camera really have the gyro sensor for image stabilisation?

I think when you move the camera around in darkness with gyro on, the camera cant see anything so there in nothing to apply the gyro output to.
At least thats what i think is going on.

I think when you move the camera around in darkness with gyro on, the camera cant see anything so there in nothing to apply the gyro output to.
At least thats what i think is going on.
I also can suppose that. But I don't know how to check it - does it really have gyro sensor for stabilisation or just software stab. :)

I also can suppose that. But I don't know how to check it - does it really have gyro sensor for stabilisation or just software stab. :)
@gitup showed us some photos of the actual chip inside that detects movement to stabilize the video. and i can say from using my git2 that it definitely has stabilization. for example i was holding the camera in my hand as my family went past on snow skis and i walked towards them, but the video does not shake at all, even though i was shivering. in another example, when i crashed my quadcopter in the snow, it looked like the snow stuck to the lens (waterproof case) was moving when i picked up the quad because it "felt" the movement and tried to stabilize it. you can test that easily yourself - turn on gyro, start recording, put your finger on the corner of the lens (don't cover the whole lens, just a small part) then shake the camera. it will look like your finger is moving in the recording but you know it is not.

one other factor though - if you're recording in 2160p there's not much sensor left to do stabilization, so it won't be as good as 1080p or lower resolutions.

Reactions: Mtz
@gitup showed us some photos of the actual chip inside that detects movement to stabilize the video. and i can say from using my git2 that it definitely has stabilization. for example i was holding the camera in my hand as my family went past on snow skis and i walked towards them, but the video does not shake at all, even though i was shivering. in another example, when i crashed my quadcopter in the snow, it looked like the snow stuck to the lens (waterproof case) was moving when i picked up the quad because it "felt" the movement and tried to stabilize it. you can test that easily yourself - turn on gyro, start recording, put your finger on the corner of the lens (don't cover the whole lens, just a small part) then shake the camera. it will look like your finger is moving in the recording but you know it is not.

one other factor though - if you're recording in 2160p there's not much sensor left to do stabilization, so it won't be as good as 1080p or lower resolutions.
Of course it has a stabiliser and it works. But now it's interesting for me it it really gyro stab or just software stabilisation - cause I can stabilise also my Xiaomi video on my PC by using for example ProDrenalin.
I've tried one more thing - I've pointed cam on the monitor with shaking video played. And stabiliser also was working even though camera was fixed

Back