GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

The International Space Station speeded up by x12 recorded in "4K" video resolution.

Considering that it was dark and the ISS is 400Km away it did a lot better than I expected. The white crescent on the left is the moon, the sky is a little blue on the left because it is only half an hour after sunset so the sky was actually still a little blue on the left.

Couldn't see anything but one unmoving star on the upper left... Course I'm trying to use my backup phone which is only a 4" 800*480 screen... Galaxy note 3 is in the mail to me right now though. Can't wait!

Couldn't see anything but one unmoving star on the upper left... Course I'm trying to use my backup phone which is only a 4" 800*480 screen... Galaxy note 3 is in the mail to me right now though. Can't wait!
That is the moon, you need a lot more resolution to see the ISS, it is a lot smaller than the moon!

ok, i see it on my desktop monitor. pretty good that it can pick up a relatively faint, fast-moving object.

i still remember the first time my daughter saw the ISS - she was 3. the first dragon resupply capsule was on its way to dock with the ISS, about a day later. we actually saw both! dragon was following about a hand's width behind ISS, and just as it approached zenith for us, it must have rotated just right and reflected sunlight directly toward us - i saw light flash across the yard in my peripheral vision right before it blinded us with a huge flash...

made quite an impression on my daughter. for the next several months, any time she saw just an airplane flying at night, she'd yell out "I SEE DRAGON! I SEE DRAGON!" :D

The ISS is not that faint, it reflects sunlight in the same way as the moon but is a lot brighter than moon rock and the moon can be seen in daylight.

It is also bigger than most people expect, using gyro and narrow angle and 4K (8MP) resolution it should be a little bigger than 1 pixel:

Size comparison with moon when photographed from Earth (Not taken with Git2):
614358main_jsc2012e017833_wp_946-710.jpg

too bad about the sound in the second one - i love hearing the ocean. here, the closest beach is Galveston Island, and the waves are really more like ripples - on a windy day the waves MIGHT get up to my knees. the only time we get real waves is when we get a hurricane. and then you don't want to be at the beach. ;)

in the 2nd video - were you using any slow motion effects? sometimes it looked that way, but then the waves looked normal speed - hard to tell. awesome views in both though - thanks for sharing!

You're right, it sounds very bad. Annoying sounds produced in Gimbal are both at high and medium freq. So I had to use a filter that came down quite enough sound quality and details of the waves and the wind have lost because of this...

I may buy an external microphone. But first I want to be sure what I buy.
Someone you can recommend me any particular microphone?
Thank you!

I made the "slow motion" in Premiere by reducing the speed of one clip directly to 50% or by time remapping for more gradual speed variations.

Greets!

Hi guys,

In the EU you can order the GIT2 from www.spytron.eu They offer 2 years warranty. It's more expensive than on the Chinese sites but one year extra warranty and no return costs to China make it a fair deal.

Toysol

I may buy an external microphone. But first I want to be sure what I buy.
Someone you can recommend me any particular microphone?
Thank you!

GitUp's microphone is pretty good, better choose it directly. There is also the alternative mini-usb to jack adapter for GoPro(4) but mostly do not work.

Some constructive criticism.

Did a firmware upgrade but the camera would stop loop recording. Camera would shut off with card full. Camera is being used as a dash cam.
Tried formatting the sdcard and that fixed the problem. Now working as it should be.

Suggested feature.
It would be a really great and useful feature if the cam could have profiles. Since I use this cam on a day to day basis as a dash cam, I have it setup to do so. But when I take it out to use it for other activities it would be nice to just click a profile that adjusts all the settings to a saved state. I could then create a profile for "sports" and one for "dash cam" and very quickly switch between them.

Suggested feature.
It would be a really great and useful feature if the cam could have profiles. Since I use this cam on a day to day basis as a dash cam, I have it setup to do so. But when I take it out to use it for other activities it would be nice to just click a profile that adjusts all the settings to a saved state. I could then create a profile for "sports" and one for "dash cam" and very quickly switch between them.

that would be a useful feature for a dual purpose camera like this, maybe something @gitup could look into

Does anyone knows how to use an external mic? When I put the mic into the mini USB slot, the screen turns black and nothing happens.
Thank you!

Does anyone knows how to use an external mic? When I put the mic into the mini USB slot, the screen turns black and nothing happens.
Thank you!
I had problems when connencting mic while camera is powered on - the image on screen became still and camera didn't react on any buttons - so only battery removement helped.
The same problem wass both with USB mono mic and stereo mic via USB adapter (but the adapter is mono so that's the same problem).
So try to connect your mic while camera powered off - if it doesn't work - maybe that's adapter for FPV
And I don't know how it works with stereo adapter - the original GoPro is too expensive so I'm waiting for parts to make it myself. I hope next week I'll make it.

If camera LCD is going black this means the USB connector is for video out or the cable is not good.

I had problems when connencting mic while camera is powered on - the image on screen became still and camera didn't react on any buttons - so only battery removement helped.
The same problem wass both with USB mono mic and stereo mic via USB adapter (but the adapter is mono so that's the same problem).
So try to connect your mic while camera powered off - if it doesn't work - maybe that's adapter for FPV
And I don't know how it works with stereo adapter - the original GoPro is too expensive so I'm waiting for parts to make it myself. I hope next week I'll make it.
I had the same problem the first time. Maybe gitup can fix this problem in next firm

So just got my Git2, took a sample video just under 10 minutes. Did still, motion, with internal mic, external mic, slow motion, freeze frame all at 1080p 60fps. The video of less than 10 minutes ended up being around 3gig in MP4, and when done as MKV converted to 720p it was still over a gig. Tried to upload to Youtube and it cut it back to 360p. Now my Canon doing 720p 30fps for a 12 min video is around 325mb. So is the 60fps that much worse and why did Youtube kill it back so bad? Any help would be great, what I have on my computer is great looking.

So just got my Git2, took a sample video just under 10 minutes. Did still, motion, with internal mic, external mic, slow motion, freeze frame all at 1080p 60fps. The video of less than 10 minutes ended up being around 3gig in MP4, and when done as MKV converted to 720p it was still over a gig. Tried to upload to Youtube and it cut it back to 360p. Now my Canon doing 720p 30fps for a 12 min video is around 325mb. So is the 60fps that much worse and why did Youtube kill it back so bad? Any help would be great, what I have on my computer is great looking.
Welcome :)

If you look at your YouTube video again, it has probably had a 720 version added by now...

325MB for 12 minutes is really low, even for 720, presumably it is low quality.

60fps doesn't take that much more, but 1080 should take a lot more space than 720, after that it is down to how much information is stored, if you throw away all the detail then you can reduce the size considerably.

Welcome :)

If you look at your YouTube video again, it has probably had a 720 version added by now...

325MB for 12 minutes is really low, even for 720, presumably it is low quality.

60fps doesn't take that much more, but 1080 should take a lot more space than 720, after that it is down to how much information is stored, if you throw away all the detail then you can reduce the size considerably.

Yeah I deleted it in disgust thinking I made a mistake then learned it would eventually be 1080p. So since I am on a satellite internet service will have to wait until my free bandwidth time to upload again.

Thank you very much, I feel pretty dumb right now but I know I wont make that mistake twice.

Back