International YI Car DVR - info

mikek753

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all,

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01C89GCHU
I'd like to share what I've found so far for the topic

[International Version] Original Xiaomi Yi Smart Dash Camera 165 Degree 2.7" Car DVR 1080P 60FPS ADAS H.264 for Android&IOS

Not available for Poland, Israel, Korea, Saudi Arabia, Thailand, Burma

HTB16hc0MXXXXXcYXVXXq6xXFXXXq.jpg

HTB1NmReMpXXXXceaXXXq6xXFXXXu.jpg

HTB1iG0qMpXXXXbDXVXXq6xXFXXXf.jpg

HTB1o6pdMpXXXXcPaXXXq6xXFXXXh.jpg

Anyone already got International version and can provide review?

Mike

Last edited:
Oo the USB cigarette adapter is only 1 port now eh

Cutting the costs of Mini USB port.
Also it is just 1A. Maybe 1A is cheaper than 2A.

enjoy,
Mtz

mikek753, Where did you got those infos from?
I ordered mine from Gearbest on the 22 of april and it got shipped the same day. My unit came with v-0.07.018 firmware and it seems it was made before 15 march. I'm curious if there's a h/w diference between units made before and after 15 march. On their support there is a new chinese version f/w update v-0.08.001. For now i'm holding back to make this
On fb they told me there won't be an english f/w for the chinese version of the dashcam.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    8.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
The Android app for the Chinese one is in English

Also for the International one it's got CE and FCC markings on the cigarette lighter adaptor - not sure if the Chinese one I have has those.

Yup, i'm already using the latest version of the app and it's in English.
Some pics of my Chinese version unit https://www.facebook.com/groups/failtrafic/permalink/1736792139870350/
Regarding the lighter adaptor, i have the two usb port model, but i don't understand the specs for it. The port closest to the led has 2.4A and the max current overall is 3.4A? I tried translating the chinese characters with Google Translate without any succes.

Put the Chinese Characters here. I do the translations for you.

Cutting the costs of Mini USB port.
Also it is just 1A. Maybe 1A is cheaper than 2A.

enjoy,
Mtz

Prietene is it possible they include only 1A to power the Yi cam to reduce the amount of heat generated, not to fix the focus issue, but to only delay it from overheating too fast?

Camera will only draw whatever power it needs

Do you suppose the Yi company will fix the heat issue with software update or would they need to junk their camera and do a total redesign?

Back