International YI Car DVR - info

Okay using the older firmware off of the YI technology website I have managed to extract the firmware.

seems to contain a lot of 'data' files and xml files. Most of the XML files related to the Wifi driver, TX power etc. The 'data' files are HTML documents as far as I can see.

Can also extract it using strings to dump the hex data. Lots of information to study before can give any answer on modifying.

Big thing to take away is the latest v8 firmware is either broken or in a completely different format to the v7

Already mentioned before I believe but its using a NT96660 chipset not a 'YI A12'

Xiaoyi DVR hidden service feature:

To activate them , you have to put on a memory card engmode file and .CAL file and turn on camera.

For example:
YI CARCAM_hidden_features.jpg

1. ADAS Log.CAL
Add to movie ADAS information

2. AE Log.CAL
Add to movie information about ISO, exposure, etc (???)

3. Battery Check.CAL
This feature displays the battery voltage.

4. Focus Adjust.CAL
This feature allows you to verify the focus adjust (???)

5. FW Version.CAL
This feature displays the firmware version and serial numer.

6. PCC Test.CAL
This feature activates PC camera mode [cam + mic] (for example dashcam can be use with skype)

7. Wav Test.CAL
Put on the memory card also Wav Test.wav and play it.

8. WiFi Test.CAL
This feature allows you to configure the Wi-Fi by file

For example put in WiFi Test.CAL:
WIFI=ON
SSID=Yi_Test
PASSWORD=Yi_Test_123

9. NvtDebug.CAL (???)

10. Upgrade.CAL (???)

I dont know what do some of them, but maybe you know. So feel free to write :)

The Scientist is working very hard! Excellent work!!

Does the manual record button in the app work for you guys after flashing to US version firmware? It seems like it's still saying there is a firmware update but is unable to fetch the file. However, if you use the Chinese version of the app, it's able to download the newest Chinese firmware and flash. The menu and overlay looks different after flash.

Last edited:
Looks like the Chinese firmware is now V-0.08.013 does anyone know what's the big difference compare to the older firmware V-0.08.012?

Looks like the Chinese firmware is now V-0.08.013 does anyone know what's the big difference compare to the older firmware V-0.08.012?

hard to know, don't be surprised if they're working on a way to restrict the firmware from being changed to the US version though

hard to know, don't be surprised if they're working on a way to restrict the firmware from being changed to the US version though
They can try to prevent it, i agree with you. but we have researcher scientist that can do what they say is, however, impossible!

To activate them , you have to put on a memory card engmode file and .CAL file and turn on camera.
Hey. launched "engmenu" and accidentally pressed item "RESET CAL DATA". and now my CAL DATA empty ((
how to restore these files or calibrate device?? run #5 in engmode "READ CAL status" and my dashcam write that the "ECS fail ", "ISO fail" , "AWB fail", "DP fail" .... pls help..

Attachments

• 2016eba31c94-a1a6-4138-b669-f8cc773db6df.jpg
    2016eba31c94-a1a6-4138-b669-f8cc773db6df.jpg
    421.4 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Hi,
Please help me, I am trying to replace my SN, with correct step on the link below,
but my SN only replaced with "A" only, there is no other number.

How to recover my SN again.
Please help.
Thanks

Do you guys suggest getting it for $61 at Geekbuying?

For example:
View attachment 22910

1. ADAS Log.CAL
Add to movie ADAS information

2. AE Log.CAL
Add to movie information about ISO, exposure, etc (???)

3. Battery Check.CAL
This feature displays the battery voltage.

4. Focus Adjust.CAL
This feature allows you to verify the focus adjust (???)

5. FW Version.CAL
This feature displays the firmware version and serial numer.

6. PCC Test.CAL
This feature activates PC camera mode [cam + mic] (for example dashcam can be use with skype)

7. Wav Test.CAL
Put on the memory card also Wav Test.wav and play it.

8. WiFi Test.CAL
This feature allows you to configure the Wi-Fi by file

For example put in WiFi Test.CAL:
WIFI=ON
SSID=Yi_Test
PASSWORD=Yi_Test_123

9. NvtDebug.CAL (???)

10. Upgrade.CAL (???)

I dont know what do some of them, but maybe you know. So feel free to write :)
Looking at the text strings in the current V-1.03.026-US firmware.bin I see all of these plus these in the same section:
Run Script.CAL (possibly related to ntscript.txt)
Reset To Default.CAL
Burn-In.CAL (might need a "loop=" value in the file)

I haven't tried any of these yet. Anyone used any of them on the current US firmware?

FYI: To unlock engmode access in the current V-1.03.026-US firmware, I had to create an empty file named "AAA222CCC.txt" in the root of the microsd card and then power up the camera. After that initial unlock, the AAA222CCC.txt file is no-longer needed.

My first time getting it working I had "AAA222CCC.txt", "engmode", and "Battery Check.CAL" in the root of the card.

Off to play with some of the other .CAL files.

Hi Guys I tried converting my Yi Dashcam CABAAACNCO1650 from Chinese to English and a total failure. Now my dashcam only shows "System Language adaptation fail Access denied." error. How can i restore my dash cam to either english or chinese language? Any help will greatly appreciated.

Hi Guys I tried converting my Yi Dashcam CABAAACNCO1650 from Chinese to English and a total failure. Now my dashcam only shows "System Language adaptation fail Access denied." error. How can i restore my dash cam to either english or chinese language? Any help will greatly appreciated.
http://www.xiaoyi.com/dash/firmware/download/ just choose your version and download emergency file. Boot the FWCARC10.bin file and you will have the old chinesse version. Translate the page so you understand what it says.

Back