Yi hacked resolution 2304x1296 30fps 35Mbits

Hey nutsey, funnel, et al...

The spec sheet for the IMX206 clearly shows that can do 2304 × 1296 @ 10-bit @ 60fps, what are the odds of enabling it at any bitrate? I would also love to see that top mode somehow enabled too, if it's exposed by the processor/code and accessible... full pixel scan 4608 × 3456 @ 12-bit @ 10fps, talk about a nice ~8MP constant burst camera, this would be the BEST solution for a dashcam for me (IMO most, too... we don't need 60/30 to show who's at fault or the face of the kid who broke into our ride... we need detailed resolution.) Those of us with UHS-1 U3 (anyone have a fresh UHS-2 card?) are willing to run them til there's smoke. What's 84Mbit/s writes between action cam friends?

Thanks guys for the work you've done already. We all ♥ you even if all you ever hear are complaints or new feature requests... we're just excited.

I tried multiple combination of firmwares and scrips but I cannot get 35mbits ?? The max I get is 15mbits.
Do I need a custom firmware to this to work ?
Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160819-121756.png
    Screenshot_20160819-121756.png
    586.2 KB · Views: 63
Yes! It took me some time but I found it. Attached script. :)
Great, glad I found this solution. any idea how I'd be able to combine that with say yimax movie script? I'm using xyc as a handy way of changing modes on the fly. But the presets file looks like this and isn't that obvious to me.

#Start YiMAX
YiMAX.NR=0 #NR
YiMAX.RAW=y #RAW
YiMAX.SHR=0 #Sharpness Mode
YiMAX.FIR=100 #Sharpness Digital Filter
YiMAX.COR=211 #Sharpness Coring
YiMAX.AAA=y #AAA
YiMAX.GAMMA=160 #Gamma
YiMAX.AUTOKNEE=200 #Auto Knee
YiMAX.VIBSAT=3 #Saturation
YiMAX.RES=5 #Resolution
YiMAX.FPS=2 #FPS
YiMAX.BIT=0x41F0 #Bitrate
#End YiMAX

#Start WaffleFPV
WaffleFPV.NR=1024 #NR
WaffleFPV.SHR=0 #Sharpness Mode
WaffleFPV.COR=211 #Sharpness Coring
WaffleFPV.RES=3 #Resolution
WaffleFPV.FPS=4 #FPS
WaffleFPV.BIT=0x420C #Bitrate
WaffleFPV.SVIEW=1080p@60 #SuperView
WaffleFPV.BIG_FILE=y #4Gb files
#End WaffleFPV

you are so epic! thank you so much!

img_20151116_232934eeki4.jpg
Hi Did you manage to get output at a different resolution that the screen? doesn't seem to work for me.

Anyone here know the Code to turn off vignette removal? I've seen it somewhere but can't find it now. I replaced my lens with a great cctv M5 standard lenght lens but am now getting overexposed edges due to the filter.

Can I use it on international edition camera ?? FW 1.4.8 ??

Or anybody can give me an information is there's any mod available for international edition (FW 1.4.8) ??

Anyone knows if there is something similar for the Yi Home Cameras? The video looks so blurry and not in focus.

I tried multiple combination of firmwares and scrips but I cannot get 35mbits ?? The max I get is 15mbits.
Do I need a custom firmware to this to work ?
Thanks
This an old post, but did you find a fw? In the hack thread,44, find Widodo and his 1.5.12 at 35 Mbps on high quality and 4 GB files!

Back