GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

Fit a sun shade above it?
Turn up the air conditioning?

As you are in Oz, it is almost certainly caused by heat. It is the first time I've seen a post about the Git2 going out of focus over time though.

Bit hard to do either of those when it's attached to the side of my helmet :p

I'll have to get some night time footage to see if it's the air temp or the camera itself heating up, and some test clips using the frame mount instead of the waterproof case, see if that helps with cooling.

Bit hard to do either of those when it's attached to the side of my helmet :p

I'll have to get some night time footage to see if it's the air temp or the camera itself heating up, and some test clips using the frame mount instead of the waterproof case, see if that helps with cooling.
Fitting a sunshade would not be too difficult, fitting one that doesn't blow away at speed might be more challenging :)

You could try a GoPro skeleton case to improve the air conditioning, the holes may be intended to let the sound in but they also let the heat out and you would still have lens and rain protection.

It is worth working out the cause first though - does it only do it in daytime heat?
I doubt it is a vibration problem when mounted on a helmet at low speed given the very bright lighting conditions, and I guess you would have noticed if it only did it while moving your head fast. I still guess that it is getting too hot inside its greenhouse.

FWIW, I checked the case after being out riding today and there was no condensation on the lens, or in the case at all. I will get my hands on a frame to test it but I have a feeling this is heat related.

After using my two Gitup Git 2 cameras during the summer and vacation, here comes a little review:

One of them had very good lense focus, the another not.
But it was not difficult to adjust it. Just had to open it up and carefully adjust the lense while connected the camera with the hdmi to a screen.
Now i'm very satisfied with the video / photo quality.

For my use it's enough of settnings for different kind of situations. I dont miss for something.
Most often i film in 1080/30 and auto settings. Gyro on while moving.

It can be a little boring to go through the menys while change settings, it's easy to click to fast and then you have to go all the way through again.

The cameras gyro function is fantastic. Have travelled with it on the top of the car roof on bad roads - but the film is not shaky at all.
You only see the car shaking. I like this very much and it will be funny to make a vacation film of it soon.

Battery life - good. I'm very happy that batteries are cheap to buy, and I can power it directly from usb from the wall or powerbank.

The date is always on 2015 01 01. Every time i change batteries it goes back to this date.
I believe the build in battery (capasitator) is flat. I have tried to fix it, but have not found any solution yet.

Accesories are very cheap on tex. Aliexpress.

So overall I'm happy with the cameras.

How to Update Settings from Configuration File & V1.6 Beta Released.
http://www.gitup.com/blog/29_How-to-Update-Settings-from-Configuration-Fil.html

Change log for V1.6 version:
  • 1. Added: Support Image Rotation
  • 2. Added: Support update settings from configuration file
  • 3. Added: Photo Shutter Speed Options: 1/2000sec, 1/1000sec, 1/500sec, 1/250sec, 1/125sec
  • 4. Improved: Default setting time is same as firmware released time.
  • 5. Improved: No frame drop in 1080P 60fps at low light condition.

How to Update Settings from Configuration File & V1.6 Beta Released.
http://www.gitup.com/blog/29_How-to-Update-Settings-from-Configuration-Fil.html

Change log for V1.6 version:
  • 1. Added: Support Image Rotation
  • 2. Added: Support update settings from configuration file
  • 3. Added: Photo Shutter Speed Options: 1/2000sec, 1/1000sec, 1/500sec, 1/250sec, 1/125sec
  • 4. Improved: Default setting time is same as firmware released time.
  • 5. Improved: No frame drop in 1080P 60fps at low light condition.
At resolution 2160p not work, after press shutter button camera doesn't start record.
anyone have same problem ?

Hello,

I did scuba diving (10 meter) this morning and I used the official waterproof case but it didn't work, now my device is wet and dead...
Is it possible to use the guarantee and repare it?

Thank you for your answer.

I tested mine and is working normally. What card do you use?
Samsung Evo+ 64GB for me - works fine in both 16:9 and 4:3 2160 modes :)

Probably nothing new, but I was a bit surprised to see that the gyro doesn't work with a black lens cap on, or at least the gyro icon never turns orange, I can't tell if it stabilises the image or not since the image is all black!

Is it possible to have an option in the UICONFIG file to not delete the file after use?
If it deletes the file then I can change the settings from dashcam settings to actioncam settings by changing the memory card only once - I have to keep putting the file back for it to keep working. I'm sure that sometimes it is good to delete the file but other times it would be good to leave it.

or at least the gyro icon never turns orange, I can't tell if it stabilises the image or not since the image is all black!
Seems like gyro icon realized via the motion detection function. I guess the gyro sensor still working all the time.

At resolution 2160p not work, after press shutter button camera doesn't start record.
anyone have same problem ?
Yep, I have the same. The 2160p 24 fps mode is not working, camera is becomes a laggy after record button pressing and other modes are becomes also not working until camera reboot. In 1080p60fps all works fine.

Last edited:
I'll wait for the finished product! And by the way Gitup, how about the app?

I tested mine and is working normally. What card do you use?

My sd card use Remax 32GB Class 10 on Gitup previous firmware can use normally.
This card use on "DJI Osmo" at max resolution before not have any problem. ( card write speed around 19.5 Mbyte/sec)

Yep, I have the same. The 2160p 24 fps mode is not working, camera is becomes a laggy after record button pressing and other modes are becomes also not working until camera reboot. In 1080p60fps all works fine.

That right same problem .

@gitup How many version of PCB board on GIT2 ?

Perhaps this beta is not recognizing all the sd cards correctly to allow that resolution. o_O
You are right. Have tested 2160p mode with low bitrate and it's working fine. Card - Goodram U1. Looks like now 2160p have higher bitrate and the speed of my sd card is not enough for it.
So, simply 2160p needs faster microsd.

Last edited:
I tested with a Transcend 32GB card, seems work well, will do more testing for 2160P mode.

Samsung Evo+ 64GB for me - works fine in both 16:9 and 4:3 2160 modes :)

Probably nothing new, but I was a bit surprised to see that the gyro doesn't work with a black lens cap on, or at least the gyro icon never turns orange, I can't tell if it stabilises the image or not since the image is all black!

Is it possible to have an option in the UICONFIG file to not delete the file after use?
If it deletes the file then I can change the settings from dashcam settings to actioncam settings by changing the memory card only once - I have to keep putting the file back for it to keep working. I'm sure that sometimes it is good to delete the file but other times it would be good to leave it.
Will think about it not delete the file. Try to support switch between different mode, still thinking how to implement.

Hello,

I did scuba diving (10 meter) this morning and I used the official waterproof case but it didn't work, now my device is wet and dead...
Is it possible to use the guarantee and repare it?

Thank you for your answer.
Replied your PM, please check.

Back