GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

It can also be useful for handheld photos at dusk with a normal lens when shutter speeds are too slow to get a photo without camera shake.
Gyro with a slow shutter speed will produce a motion blured image. It is not optical stabilization.
So, I use the Polaroid PLTRI-42 tripod for low light conditions. Very compact and tiny tripod.

Does the gyro also influence the quality of photos? Or is it only active on video recording?
It only active on video recording.
But I saw many users talked about SJcam cameras, suggest to turn off GYRO for photo, it will affect photo quality, not sure how they implemented the Gyro feature.

But I saw many users talked about SJcam cameras, suggest to turn off GYRO for photo, it will affect photo quality, not sure how they implemented the Gyro feature.
Perhaps odd implementation because in comparisons on utube side by side with Git 2 .The SJcam video seems to rock left and right, while the Git 2 video is almost rock steady,not pleasing to the eye SJCam!

Now that would be very interesting to know is the SJcam's implementation of gyro sensor on digital image stabilization actually meant to improve still image quality. Any reviews about that out there?

EDIT
Thought not:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/image-stabilizer-photo-video-or-both.15798/#post-208090

Even the manufacturer admits its better to turn it off when taking photos. So just another marketing gimmick... (with a twist of face-saving culture)

Last edited:
Now that would be very interesting to know does the SJcam's implementation of gyro sensor on digital image stabilization actually improve still image quality. Any reviews about that out there?

EDIT
Thought not:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/image-stabilizer-photo-video-or-both.15798/#post-208090

Even the manufacturer admits its better to turn it off when taking photos. So why really implement it in the first place - probably for marketing reasons...
I am not tempted to buy SJCam because they have lousy in cam audio! Have you seen a comparisons of Git 2 , Gopro Hero 4 , and the 5000 elite? The audio, which seems to be from a nightclub singer/group is the worst from the SJ cam. I wish I could remember the source. But seems it was from a Gitup provider. So if they recognize their cam has lousy audio why not upgrade the USB for external mic. like better cams?
P.S. I'm going online and study the variations in I.S.

I am not tempted to buy SJCam because they have lousy in cam audio! Have you seen a comparisons of Git 2 , Gopro Hero 4 , and the 5000 elite? The audio, which seems to be from a nightclub singer/group is the worst from the SJ cam. I wish I could remember the source. But seems it was from a Gitup provider. So if they recognize their cam has lousy audio why not upgrade the USB for external mic. like better cams?
P.S. I'm going online and study the variations in I.S.

Quantity has a quality all its own.

just got the git2 with 4.35mm, anyone know at what distance they focus lens?

love camera but distance shots seem kinda fuzzy.

Update: So after taking still pictures with my Git2 and Hero 4 Black, the Git2 actually has better quality distance images!

I've seen aerial videos with the Git2 where distant buildings look amazingly clear.

Would it help to refocus my 4.35 lens from 1 meter to a further distance?

Would it help to refocus my 4.35 lens from 1 meter to a further distance?
We suggest focus the 4.35mm lens for further distance, 4-6m is better.

Do you turn clockwise or counter for further distance focus? I dont have a mini hdmi cable, so will make small turns and watch results on video.

I noticed a glitch that lasted about 10 frames when recording in a park a few weeks ago. Could this be a result of overheating or is some other known issue? Edit: The camera was stationary on a tripod when this happened.
Screen%20Shot%202016-08-04%20at%2012.24.44%20PM_zpswtamlfra.png

Last edited:
PNY U3 Turbo Performance 64GB High Speed MicroSDXC Class 10 Card

I noticed a glitch that lasted about 10 frames when recording in a park a few weeks ago. Could this be a result of overheating or is some other known issue? Edit: The camera was stationary on a tripod when this happened.
Screen%20Shot%202016-08-04%20at%2012.24.44%20PM_zpswtamlfra.png
Does it play back OK if you play it in the camera, or maybe on another device?

The direct sunlight is not good for matrix.

Have you tested the card for any errors?
I haven't tried that. I've used it since without this problem though.

I had similar video once, checking the video i realized it was caused by a vibration after going in a pothole. Not exactly the same deffect showed in your sample, but more like a hard pixelation that lasted 1 second (twice along the video).

It never happened again. I believe in your case it might be related to that too.
This was still the whole time of recording except when I touched the camera to turn it off.

Does it play back OK if you play it in the camera, or maybe on another device?
I have tried the footage on two computers and the glitch is still there. I haven't played it back on the camera since it is like ten minutes in and I'm afraid I would miss it.

The direct sunlight is not good for matrix.
I hadn't thought of that either. I thought it might be an overheating thing but maybe its like when you shoot a laser at a ccd and it messes it up. It worked fine after the incident though.

Back