Gitup git2 Videos

Can I ask how do you like the Firefly 7s compared to Git2? I'm wondering should I buy another Git2 (I got one broken and other half broken now) or maybe give the Firefly a try. Especially, what you think about the gyro in Firefly, have the resent firmwares improved it. There is not really much talk about it in the Firefly section.

Firefly 7S is very good, i like it.. but gyro stabilization is better with Git2 ;)

In this video Firefly 7 have wrong colors. I hope is some wrong setting in the camera or Firefly will come with a firmware fix.

enjoy,
Mtz

@jokiin I managed to locate and install version 1.5 successfully I think I will wait for the final version 1.6 to be posted and then download it Ipol

Clips grabados a 1060 60fps por ambas cámaras de acción. Editado en Sony Vegas 13 sin añadir ninguna corrección de color o balance de blancos.

I'm very new to all of this, is stabilisation something a future firmware update can fix or is it (mostly) hardware?

the firefly 7s look good in youtube videos except for the jerkiness in motion.

For anyone that knows, which one has better audio w/o external mic, git2 or firefly 7s? Will be using for recording people in selfie or group environment, travel vlogging kind of camera. So sound audibility and wind noise reduction (is this a thing??) is kind of important

Last edited:
I'm very new to all of this, is stabilisation something a future firmware update can fix or is it (mostly) hardware?

the firefly 7s look good in youtube videos except for the jerkiness in motion.

For anyone that knows, which one has better audio w/o external mic, git2 or firefly 7s? Will be using for recording people in selfie or group environment, travel vlogging kind of camera. So sound audibility and wind noise reduction (is this a thing??) is kind of important
The stabilisation can probably be fixed with a firmware update, but it is very complex and I doubt that Firefly will pay for the expertise needed to sort it for this camera.

The internal microphone on the Git2 is very good, wind noise is about average, but you can improve the wind noise by placing some windshield material over the microphone hole, then it can be OK even on a bike at 20mph. An external microphone will always do better since you can place it in better positions and use a proper windshield.

but didn't firefly 6s have pretty good stabilisation? even better than the 7s?

Nice videos! What's the your average speed on this trike?

From this past Friday, the Dutch coast side in Noord Holland

1920x1080 30fps
WDR on
Gyro off (woops)
Color Colorful
Firmware v1.5

Last edited:
That look just like most places on the west coast of Jutland, but we do have better places to launch a paraglider here.
But from down there you would properly be best off driving to another country with even higher places to launch from, it is after all moderate what we have of "tall" things up here.

That look just like most places on the west coast of Jutland, but we do have better places to launch a paraglider here.
But from down there you would properly be best off driving to another country with even higher places to launch from, it is after all moderate what we have of "tall" things up here.

Yep, I'm sure there's great flying all over Europe. Hope to fly in DK some day! Wijk aan Zee is the closest and most convenient place for me to fly and it's only an hour from Amsterdam by public transport. I, like many Amsterdammers, do not own a car. NL, as you know is flat as a pancake, so the dunes are really the only place to get good flying in this country.

This is what's called dune soaring, vs typical mountain flying. I'll be doing that in Nepal in a few weeks :D

Nepal have lots of tall things to launch from :eek: hope you get some cool footage to share with us.

Back