A119 - Extreme Glare from Light Source During Nighttime?

legcramp

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys, can you please take a look at my video and look at the glare that are showing up when a light source come into view. I haven't seen this with anyone else's A119 video showing this, do you guys have any suggestions?

I already wiped the lens on the camera with a microfiber cloth, tried with WDR on & off, used 1440P and 1080P resolutions. This is on the latest beta firmware... it is a new camera for me and I didn't test night time with the official firmware yet.

Also my car is pretty clean so I didn't wipe the windshield earlier, I'll do that tomorrow morning and drive again tomorrow night and see... but in the meantime, has anyone else seen this before and have any suggestions for me?

Here is the video, sorry I forgot to rip out the audio with music playing so mute it if ya want XD

Thanks everyone!

Spooky effect! Do you have any tinting film on your screen that the A119 is looking through? I assume you don't see anything like this with your own eyes when driving at night?:eek:

I'll make sure to give the windshield a good wipe down tomorrow morning .

Also , yeah it does look spooky and I don't see it in person . . I hope it's not one of those cases where a camera catches something paranormal . . . Haha

Is it possible that you have the camera on a sharp angle? Picking up reflections.
7ggkqjZ.jpg

Or less likely but worth a mention, is part of the thin plastic film still stuck to the lense?

aa
Clean your car windshield not only from outside but very important to clean it correctly from inside as well.

This may help:

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/how-to-clean-car-windshield-video-tutorial.21478/

Sent from my LG-H962 using Tapatalk

Well I kept having my windshield on the inside always show up as blotchy when sunlight hit it. I tried many cleaners and always never was able to clean it spotless. Dashmellow recommended a cleaner sold at Walmart $3.98 Invisible Glass Cleaner 32 oz Spray Bottle This product is amazing first time cleaning and it took off all the crap from inside my windshield.b12d667d-e786-4b49-82a6-6989faeca257_1_e54b67046ef9ac2d40d93524d97a6843.jpg

I had 4 dvr I owned over time, and none behaved so because dirt windshield. Other should be cause.

Last edited:
I tried the video again tonight and it still has the weird lighting issue... I am starting to think it might be the clear mini-screen in front of my steering wheel that is causing the issue. Example picture:

2016-Mazda6-Heads-up-Display1.jpg

I tried the video again tonight and it still has the weird lighting issue... I am starting to think it might be the clear mini-screen in front of my steering wheel that is causing the issue. Example picture:

2016-Mazda6-Heads-up-Display1.jpg

can you cover that up for testing?

Yes, I just got back from covering up the heads-up display with a cloth and it's not helping. You can see the green cloth in the video in the reflection :D

Also, can you guys please verify something for me? I took the camera's lens and inspected it under a flashlight and there seems to be a line going down the middle of lens..... is this normal? Or did I get a camera with a cracked lens? I only got this thing a few days ago from Amazon..

Also, thanks everyone for the responses and suggestions!

20161107_235629_001.jpg

Okay, yikes.. I guess I should've checked the lens first before going through all the trouble of troubleshooting why my night videos are like that. Thank goodness Amazon a hassle-free return policy and this item returns for free. I'll order another one and send this one back.

I wonder how she did it. The lens does not seem hit.

Yeah, I never dropped it or anything. It's either been in my hands or mounted in the car the last few days. I can't see anything wrong with the lens unless I point my flashlight directly on it. Oh and I am a "He" haha.

Possibly a manufacturing defect or it has been damaged in transit, can't say I've ever seen one cracked like that before but there's always a first time

I look at my lens and hit to crack should see traces. This if a crack appeared in tension, it does not think it's the fault of the user.For now the situation does not matter, but it's good to know for avoiding such situations in the future.

Okay, yikes.. I guess I should've checked the lens first before going through all the trouble of troubleshooting why my night videos are like that. Thank goodness Amazon a hassle-free return policy and this item returns for free. I'll order another one and send this one back.
Sorry to hear the lens cracked, wish you will get the replacement soon.

Back