A119 - Extreme Glare from Light Source During Nighttime?

Yes, I just got back from covering up the heads-up display with a cloth and it's not helping. You can see the green cloth in the video in the reflection :D

Also, can you guys please verify something for me? I took the camera's lens and inspected it under a flashlight and there seems to be a line going down the middle of lens..... is this normal? Or did I get a camera with a cracked lens? I only got this thing a few days ago from Amazon..

Also, thanks everyone for the responses and suggestions!

Is is possible that you have extreme temperature changes where you live? Or the unit came from a warm environment to a cold one quickly? May have caused the failure?

I am about to purchase this camera so would like to know if this could be a problem.

I live in southern California and lately the temperature has been pretty stable lately from high 80s to low 90s. I never leave the camera in the car when I am not driving anyways. I believe the lens came defective.

I got the replacement and videos are looking great.

Is is possible that you have extreme temperature changes where you live? Or the unit came from a warm environment to a cold one quickly? May have caused the failure?

I am about to purchase this camera so would like to know if this could be a problem.

I left my pre production a119 in my truck every day, outside in the Texas heat. Only issue I have (if you can even call it an issue) is that the trim around the lens has faded to a sort of dark copper color. Camera still works fine. In fact I didn't even notice it had faded till removed the camera just prior to trading in my truck a few weeks ago.

I left my pre production a119 in my truck every day, outside in the Texas heat. Only issue I have (if you can even call it an issue) is that the trim around the lens has faded to a sort of dark copper color. Camera still works fine. In fact I didn't even notice it had faded till removed the camera just prior to trading in my truck a few weeks ago.

That's interesting about the lens bezel changing color. It sounds exactly like an isolated issue that occurred with the Mobius "C" lens a little over a year ago which apparently was a bad batch of anodizing.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/möbius-c-lens-changing-colors.12534/

Again, that was on a beta unit so it's no big deal. Plus I now use that one in the rear of my Rav 4 which has factory privacy glass (tint) in the back so you can't really see it anyway.

Back