Hacking Q3H (allwinner v3 - Camdroid)

@nunoqsm, Poderias fornecer alguma das fotografias obtidas com a tua câmara?
Experimentei tirar uma foto com a minha, e o resultado é simplesmente decepcionante:
Esta foto foi tirada com a resolução 8MPx.

Não sei se outro firmware poderia melhorar a qualidade de foto. Mas a qualidade de imagem em modo de vídeo parece ser bem melhor que a obtida em modo de fotografia.

---------------------------------

@nunoqsm, could you provide some photos taken with your camera?
I tried to take a photo with my camera, and the result is simply disappointing.
This photo was taken with the resolution 8MPx.

I don't know if another firmware would improve photo quality. But the image quality in video mode seems to be much better than in photo mode.

Hi Guys!

I'm in need for some help. I just bought the Q3H+ (with no brand at the box, but it's just like the attached image, but black )..

At the PhoenixSuit it says Model: fuxin4k30imx179s90fps-sdv , and on camera, firmware 20161008V2.3 (with the skier boot logo).

I bought it so I can catch a freaking neighbor which is being scratching my car on purpose. But the thing is that even it saying at the box that it works with 64Gb card, the seller told me for sure that it just run with 32Gb cards.. and if I use a 64gb card, it would corrupt the files.. is this information correct?

On this scenario, it gives me only 3 hours of recording (on 4k @ 23kbps which by the way is the smaller file, against 720p which has 31kbps and gives me just around 2hs).

So, long story short, the help(s) I need from you expert camera hacking guys are:

1) I need to have a 15fps, 10fps options.. for 720p or 1080p would work for me.

2) have a smaller bitrate, yet with no blocking on the image, so I could recognize a person... 10kbps maybe?

I think with both things, I could raise the capacity of recording to maybe 12, 15 hours in a 32Gb card, without overriding the first one on loop mode.... I tested making a time-lapse, but with this I miss the audio, and have a sluggish 2fps video.. I really need to capture the stupid guy's action so I can solve this problem.

I saw some posts regarding to edit resolutions and bitrates, but it's all about sheets and coding... I'm not that much into coding..
smile.png

FI: I'm using this camera connected to a 20000mHa power bank, which gives me around 40 hours of continuous recording...

This is my firmware: http://www1.zippyshare.com/v/Wuu5AHyk/file.html

If some good soul could help me fix this, so I can have a longer recording with good quality, me and my family will be thankful a lot!
smile.png
)

Thanks in advance!

My best,

R

Is there any way to change the source resolution for 1080p60?

Code:
D/CedarXRecorder(   60): prepare, source: 1776x1008, video=1920x1080, encoder type: 0
D/CedarXRecorder(   60): prepare, frameRate 60, mSrcFrameRate 60, VideoBitRate=54476800, mVideoMaxKeyItl=5

Code:
D/CedarXRecorder(   60): prepare, source: 1920x1080, video=1920x1080, encoder type: 0
D/CedarXRecorder(   60): prepare, frameRate 30, mSrcFrameRate 30, VideoBitRate=54476800, mVideoMaxKeyItl=5

Hi Guys!

I'm in need for some help. I just bought the Q3H+ (with no brand at the box, but it's just like the attached image, but black )..

At the PhoenixSuit it says Model: fuxin4k30imx179s90fps-sdv , and on camera, firmware 20161008V2.3 (with the skier boot logo).

I bought it so I can catch a freaking neighbor which is being scratching my car on purpose. But the thing is that even it saying at the box that it works with 64Gb card, the seller told me for sure that it just run with 32Gb cards.. and if I use a 64gb card, it would corrupt the files.. is this information correct?

On this scenario, it gives me only 3 hours of recording (on 4k @ 23kbps which by the way is the smaller file, against 720p which has 31kbps and gives me just around 2hs).

So, long story short, the help(s) I need from you expert camera hacking guys are:

1) I need to have a 15fps, 10fps options.. for 720p or 1080p would work for me.

2) have a smaller bitrate, yet with no blocking on the image, so I could recognize a person... 10kbps maybe?

I think with both things, I could raise the capacity of recording to maybe 12, 15 hours in a 32Gb card, without overriding the first one on loop mode.... I tested making a time-lapse, but with this I miss the audio, and have a sluggish 2fps video.. I really need to capture the stupid guy's action so I can solve this problem.

I saw some posts regarding to edit resolutions and bitrates, but it's all about sheets and coding... I'm not that much into coding..
smile.png

FI: I'm using this camera connected to a 20000mHa power bank, which gives me around 40 hours of continuous recording...

This is my firmware: http://www1.zippyshare.com/v/Wuu5AHyk/file.html

If some good soul could help me fix this, so I can have a longer recording with good quality, me and my family will be thankful a lot!
smile.png
)

Thanks in advance!

My best,

R
You should be able to use 64GB sd card.

Is there any way to change the source resolution for 1080p60?

Code:
D/CedarXRecorder(   60): prepare, source: 1776x1008, video=1920x1080, encoder type: 0
D/CedarXRecorder(   60): prepare, frameRate 60, mSrcFrameRate 60, VideoBitRate=54476800, mVideoMaxKeyItl=5

Code:
D/CedarXRecorder(   60): prepare, source: 1920x1080, video=1920x1080, encoder type: 0
D/CedarXRecorder(   60): prepare, frameRate 30, mSrcFrameRate 30, VideoBitRate=54476800, mVideoMaxKeyItl=5

You should be able to use 64GB sd card.

Where did you find these "D/CedarXRecorder( 60)..." options? maybe changing one of it could give me the 720p@15fps and lower bitrate..

I dont have a 64Gb, since the seller is 100% sure that it corrupts the videos.. I definitely will buy one 64Gb to test with the newest firmware I got ar GoPrawn..

But, still using a 64Gb card, will no fix my problem.. I really need to have smaller files, so I could record over 12, 15 hours straight.. lowering framerate and bitrate is the only way I can make this.

Last edited:
Where did you find these "D/CedarXRecorder( 60)..." options? maybe changing one of it could give me the 720p@15fps and lower bitrate..

I dont have a 64Gb, since the seller is 100% sure that it corrupts the videos.. I definitely will buy one 64Gb to test with the newest firmware I got ar GoPrawn..

But, still using a 64Gb card, will no fix my problem.. I really need to have smaller files, so I could record over 12, 15 hours straight.. lowering framerate and bitrate is the only way I can make this.
The "CedarXRecorder ..." lines are from log file.

Try use photo timelapse. Use fastest interval e.g. every 3 seconds. I'm using modded firmware, so the option is called photo timelapse. I'm pretty sure it use different name in original firmware.

I already tested the timelapse... but the minimum time of my camera is 0,5 seconds... which gives me a sluggish video of 2fps and without audio. Since I need to use it as a surveillance camera, if I could create a custom resolution setup of 720p/10fps/2kbps setting, I could raise the recording time on my 32Gb card to around 35 hours..

The one I'm referring to is the photo timelapse; photo instead of video; but not suitable option for you since you need audio.

I found bitrate at /system/etc/media_profiles.xml but I don't think that is where bitrate is set though because I get 54.X Mbps bitrate with modded firmware & I don't see this value in this file though.

Code:
cat media_profiles.xml | grep -i bit
<!ATTLIST Video bitRate CDATA #REQUIRED>
<!ATTLIST Audio bitRate CDATA #REQUIRED>
<!ATTLIST VideoEncoderCap minBitRate CDATA #REQUIRED>
<!ATTLIST VideoEncoderCap maxBitRate CDATA #REQUIRED>
<!ATTLIST AudioEncoderCap minBitRate CDATA #REQUIRED>
<!ATTLIST AudioEncoderCap maxBitRate CDATA #REQUIRED>
                   bitRate="3000000"
                   bitRate="128000"
                   bitRate="3000000"
                   bitRate="128000"
                   bitRate="1500000"
                   bitRate="12200"
                   bitRate="3000000"
                   bitRate="128000"
                   bitRate="1500000"
                   bitRate="12200"
                   bitRate="1500000"
                   bitRate="12200"
                   bitRate="1500000"
                   bitRate="12200"
        minBitRate="64000" maxBitRate="3000000"
        minBitRate="12200" maxBitRate="51200"
        minBitRate="6600" maxBitRate="23050"
        minBitRate="5525" maxBitRate="12200"

Reactions: NMD
The one I'm referring to is the photo timelapse; photo instead of video; but not suitable option for you since you need audio.

I found bitrate at /system/etc/media_profiles.xml but I don't think that is where bitrate is set though because I get 54.X Mbps bitrate with modded firmware & I don't see this value in this file though.

Yes, I already saw this... but seems to be for another device, since my camera just have one lens, and it mentions <!-- Back Camera --> and <!-- Front Camera -->..

I thought that some expert around here, like @NMD , @nutsey , @thegamut or @Petesimon could have this answer, since it's the opposite people search for.. I dont want to improve quality, I need to improve filesize, even if the quality lacks a bit.

Today I tested the video timelapse mode, hoping it could record overnight... but there's a limit of 5 minutes and it simply stopped recording.. On the 5 minutes (30fps) video it recorded 1h20m with total of 9019 frames. So the regular 4k@30fps(23kbps) 3 hours duration is still the longer period of time I'm able to record.

What about the 3-config.img file... is there a way to decript it so we can edit its files? Maybe the settings could be there?

Reactions: NMD
What about the 3-config.img file... is there a way to decript it so we can edit its files? Maybe the settings could be there?
You'll need to edit the imx179s.ko file in the vendor/modules folder. It is in 2-system.img. Tools to unpack img file is available at first post (3-unfex-refex-scripts.rar); either put 2-system.img in 3-unfex-refex-scripts/UNFEX folder and run squashfs_unmake.bat to extract the content to squashfs-root folder or put full_img.fex in 3-unfex-refex-scripts folder, then run unfex.bat and squashfs_unmake.bat. The art of disassembling will be required for this because you'll need to load imx179s.ko in IDA software from hex-rays.

All this extractions I already did. I found some bitrate stuff on the camera.default.so too. The problem now is how to read and write in HEX... :)

I thought that messing with bitrates was the main part of this thread, since the most people looking for hacking a $50 camera is to improve its quality and features... I need the reverse of it, but if this information, of where to look and what to change, was available here, would really help me get what I badly need.

Please, if someone knows how and where to change, to lower the bitrate, so I can record longer footages with smaller filesize, please, please help me with this.. The integrity of my family cars will appreciate it!

I saw this imx179s.ko in IDA, and there's a mention about a file called imx179s_720p120_v3.h, which is not inside that SQUASHFS-ROOT folder. I can't find anything related to 720p30, which is the 720p default framerate.. strange...

There's even a file imx179s_240fps_v3.h, which would be great to have 240fps videos with this camera... :) :)

I thought that some expert around here, like @NMD , @nutsey , @thegamut or @Petesimon could have this answer, since it's the opposite people search for.. I dont want to improve quality, I need to improve filesize, even if the quality lacks a bit.

Unfortunately I can't help you in this matter since I don't have any experience in hacking or reverse engineering. I tried to automate some processes creating some .bat script files I think help a lot of users and above all accelerate the whole process of hacking.
But I don't know how to change the bit-rate and how to improve or worsen the image quality

All this extractions I already did. I found some bitrate stuff on the camera.default.so too. The problem now is how to read and write in HEX... :)

Regarding the HEX editor, I recommend HxD - Freeware Hex Editor (https://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/): It's free and easy to use

Great, @kizwan ! It seems to be the way.. I saw this post from @thegamut .. i tried to reach him, but he was last seen around in November.. @nutsey already said he will help as soon as possible..

If thegamut said that framerate and bitrate are in this screen, for sure it is. I tried to reproduce this screen, even searched a few .ko files, but without success... I'm very familiar with a bunch of languages.. really wonder how a human being know how to work on a table like this.. crazy stuff!

@Rodrigo Emedy, Since you have a cams with Sony IMX179s sensor, why do not you try one of the firmwares available on GoPrawn that have the motion detection feature?

I think it would solve your problems of size of the video files and you would not be recording useless video without any kind of action.

Anyone know which file is this? If I'm correct, MOVS R5, #0x1E is FPS & MOV.W R3, #0x3400000 is bitRate (~54.5Mbps).
fetch

Source: https://www.goprawn.com/forum/allwi...ivision-ov4689-action-cameras?p=1043#post1043
With the help of http://armconverter.com/, I managed to convert MOV.W R1, #0x780 to (Thumb mode HEX) 4FF4F061

Brute force method ... after going through other folders:-
Resolution_FPS_bitRate_settings.jpg

It is in this file all along: [squashfs-root]/bin/sdv.
Resolution_FPS_bitRate_settings_IDA.jpg

Back