Just ordered one from @Street Guardian USA and am going to patiently and excitedly wait. It is my first dash cam!!

What benefits have you all experienced from a dashcam? Or is it a mere gadget? :)

So excited!!

thank you @Street Guardian USA
Lots of good reasons to have one. I have recorded many near misses in the past, ill upload one to youtube tomorrow and post it to you. My suction mount fell off in the cold and i went without a dashcam for 2 days after 4 years or so of having one. Second day 2 guys tried the insurance fraud thing on me. I should have seen it coming and done a u-turn but i didnt. They were walking against traffic in the middle of a street and i tried to drive beside/around them at 2kmh. Guy jumped in front of my car and pretended to get hit but after a long discussion they left. This was a month ago. I stuck the camera back on the next day. Cant wait to get a good camera with a tape mount finally!
Look up dashcam insurance fraud on youtube
Happens everywhere
Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Some test samples are being prepared so we can do some field testing, the updated power supply will probably take an extra month or so, pending how quickly and how much feedback we collect and any adjustments deemed necessary

Some test samples are being prepared so we can do some field testing, the updated power supply will probably take an extra month or so, pending how quickly and how much feedback we collect and any adjustments deemed necessary
It will be nice to have one place to go for a solid power supply.

Have Aukey copied your rear camera housing for their DR02 D dual channel dashcam? Or are you using a shared design / production line?
They look remarkably similar:
upload_2017-10-19_13-50-39.png upload_2017-10-19_13-50-59.png

the pic on the left is a 3D render not a photo so what they will turn up with I'm not sure, we haven't shared anything with them but they seem to be trying hard to get hold of some stuff just recently

On the note of Aukey, I told my colleagues about my exciting purchase of the SG9663DC today @Street Guardian USA and they were perplexed!!??

Why spend several hundred on a dashcam, when one can buy it for $100 or less from Aukey or even cheaper brands from the big box retailers?

Is the image quality worth all the difference? What do I tell them? I want them to buy a SG9663DC too!!!

thank you

Why spend several hundred on a dashcam, when one can buy it for $100 or less from Aukey or even cheaper brands from the big box retailers?

regardless of what type of product you choose you're going to find cheaper or dearer options with varying levels of quality/support/performance/inclusions, same in every product category really

On the note of Aukey, I told my colleagues about my exciting purchase of the SG9663DC today @Street Guardian USA and they were perplexed!!??

Is the image quality worth all the difference? What do I tell them? I want them to buy a SG9663DC too!!!

thank you
Because you want it to work. And keep on working, day & night, without fail. And because you know it will get better over time as the firmware is developed. And because you know that if something does go wrong, there's a real person you can contact who actually cares about sorting it out.

I think the prime thing with a dashcam must be reliability so you can count on it recording every time you would expect it to do.
Second must be the image quality that also have to be usable.
And then in my book on third place come support from the brand, and here you often find little if anything from cheaper brands.
As a consumer i would expect to get at least 3 years of use out of a "cheap" product like a camera, and those years should be free of any problems.

Hello I have been waiting for this camera for a while and now I see it is coming soon. Where can I order it from? I am from Turkey and bought my first SGZC12RC from pier28. Now I am not sure which seller will send the camera to Turkey.

Back