Looking for EBORN EBGO1 Dashcam users.

I doubt anyone is going to hurry and order this dashcam.

Well i have two of them and been using them for two years and they have worked great, and there are many others being used all over the World.

I am always trying to find users as it's not that simple, i see many youtube videos of them but would like to find others like myself that have one in use.

EBORN is a quality company with really great Engineering and Design people.

Well i have two of them and been using them for two years and they have worked great, and there are many others being used all over the World.

I am always trying to find users as it's not that simple, i see many youtube videos of them but would like to find others like myself that have one in use.

EBORN is a quality company with really great Engineering and Design people.
If you say so...how about issues with this dashcam and customer support for people which bought one of these.

Sent from my CUBOT MAX using Tapatalk

If you say so...how about issues with this dashcam and customer support for people which bought one of these.

Customer Support from EBORN or Others they bought from, I have asked for a GPS unit because i thought i had a problem EBORN just sent one to me they have also sent me a full second unit to be sure i did not have a camera problem, and i bought the original unit from Amazon.

I have some sort of repulsion soon as I see they use Ambarella processor,dont know why though.
But...if they are willing to send me a free unit to review I will make an honest review about their product.

I have some sort of repulsion soon as I see they use Ambarella processor,dont know why though.

Ambarella is ok for single channel, not sure why they're using A7 instead of A12 though, must be an older design

Ambarella is ok for single channel, not sure why they're using A7 instead of A12 though, must be an older design
Or something between A7 and A12? :)

Or something between A7 and A12? :)

A9 is pretty much just for sport cameras, GoPro restrict what functionality can be offered to others with the A9 as part of their agreement with Ambarella so most don't want to use it anyway

how reliable are their reviews likely to be though

View attachment 34115
I read many forums digital cameras camcorders computer tablets cell phones handguns rifles knives auto&trucks and many others, you find everyone has their ideas and their problems some like a product others hate it.

Myself i end up just buying things if they work out great if not i just move on to something else.

So reviews really are not important to me, many companies have people posting reviews for them, Amazon tells you if a review is made by a real buyer so i feel Amazon is on the up and up.

Ayway i trust EBORN have had them give me great service, don't think they just give their products away for a review try asking SONY or CANON to give you a product free for your review. ;-)

Ayway i trust EBORN have had them give me great service, don't think they just give their products away for a review try asking SONY or CANON to give you a product free for your review. ;-)

All brands give products out for review, big brands like Sony and Canon included, they give them to review sites, magazines etc, not the kind of thing where they solicit for reviews on the website and refund the purchase price though

Even reviews on stuff like Sony and Canon by professional websites, magazines etc can be tainted due to relationships around advertising, ongoing business etc so all reviews are questionable in some respect

I read many forums digital cameras camcorders computer tablets cell phones handguns rifles knives auto&trucks and many others, you find everyone has their ideas and their problems some like a product others hate it.

Myself i end up just buying things if they work out great if not i just move on to something else.

So reviews really are not important to me, many companies have people posting reviews for them, Amazon tells you if a review is made by a real buyer so i feel Amazon is on the up and up.

Why dont give someone a free example for testing and reviewing,thats the way of promoting and advertising their products. I think you are mixing apples and oranges when you compare EBORN with Sony and Canon. They are ( EBORN ) so big company which nobody on this forum heard before and here are people which used dashcams for last 4-5-7 years,maybe even more longer,so this be good way to promote their products among members here and Youtube also.

Reactions: Mtz
They are ( EBORN ) so big company which nobody on this forum heard before and here are people which used dashcams for last 4-5-7 years,maybe even more longer,so this be good way to promote their products among members here and Youtube also.

they appear to be a trading company, perhaps why they hadn't been heard of before

Not so many videos:
I've spent that last 20 mins looking at various Eborn 1 videos and all those I could find that are posted by someone independent who appears to be an end user (not from the manufacturer or China - to ensure fairness), don't look great quality. Generally they're quite blurry.
EBORN is a quality company with really great Engineering and Design people
The design is nothing special, many chinese cameras on the market with the same design. Quality?. Some Amazon reviews which seems to be honest and not paid by receiving one free unit are telling some problems. The next quotes are only from the first page of Amazon reviews, I will not go to second page to waste my time:
This is my review after a few months of usage and a replacement. It started giving me "memory card too slow" warning. I was using a 128 gb SanDisk class 10 card. At the suggestion from the customer service I replaced it with Samsung 32 gb card that came with the product but got the same result. They sent me a new one but got the same result with 128gb. I replaced it with 16gb card it has been ok
So he had problems with two cameras by using cards and the replaced camera was working only with a 16GB Card? In 2017?
-----------------
Sometimes it plays the video but no GPS track. So technically I don't know if there is ANY GPS tagging included with the files.
-----------------
I've had this for several months and would not buy again. 1) Item does not work in moderate cold weather - by moderate cold I mean under 40F. I did not find this out until winter. It has a sharp, irritating, sound when it starts up - every time you start the car, it shrieks at you. But in cold weather is will not turn on, it shrieks over and over as it tries to start. You cannot turn this process off - you have to stop that car and unplug the unit. 2) Image quality is mediocre. This is my first car cam so perhaps I don't know what I am talking about but I am using the standard "HD" setting and I would not be able to read the license plate of a car in front of me. But my main #1 issue is that this unit cannot work under 40F.
-----------------
I ordered it less than a year ago and within a few months, the camera stopped recognizing the MicroSD that came with it. After a few emails back and forth, the SD card was replaced on my dime. The camera recognized the new card no problem. Now, a few months later, yet again, it is not recognizing it. Both MicroSD cards work outside the camera, just not in the camera. I contacted Eborn. They said to send them the camera and they send me a replacement. It's been two weeks since they received my old camera and I have yet to get the new one or another email back from them. It's as though they disappeared off the face of the planet.

Update 6 months later, unit is dead. I would NOT recommend buying this product.
-------------------

So now that you have it all understood, are you going to order one?
I doubt anyone is going to hurry and order this dashcam.
Not only because of reviews, but the G02 camera is with battery instead of super-capacitors like modern dashcams, specs are normal, nothing special for the Ambarella processor and the OV4689 CMOS. Chipset and CMOS are not bad, but nothing special to make me risk a dashcam with battery.

But...if they are willing to send me a free unit to review I will make an honest review about their product.
As you can read on the jokiins picture, you need to buy a camera first, then make the review (which I expect to be a good one) and then they will send you... 15pcs.!

enjoy,
Mtz

As you can read on the jokiins picture, you need to buy a camera first, then make the review (which I expect to be a good one) and then they will send you... 15pcs.!

enjoy,
Mtz

I think they're looking for 15 reviewers, they just refund the purchase price, if that's done through the Amazon store as implied likely means they are just a reseller/trading company, factories don't have time to do this type of marketing direct through Amazon

"As you can read on the jokiins picture, you need to buy a camera first, then make the review (which I expect to be a good one) and then they will send you... 15pcs.!"

No...I wasnt refering to jokiin to send me a free unit of his products, I was more thinking about EBORN products. I am sure that jokiin's product are great and there are more suitable and expirienced than me to make a review for SG products if its necessary at all.

I was referring to jokiin picture posted in this thread, not his products. It is so not easy like with Eborn to obtain a SG free dashcam. :mad:

enjoy,
Mtz

I was referring to jokiin picture posted in this thread, not his products. It is so not easy like with Eborn to obtain a SG free dashcam. :mad:

enjoy,
Mtz
Sorry I misunderstood you @Mtz :) :-O

Back