Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

there are so many. Recommendations?

You want that Mobius super-cap module made specifically for this camera. It will plug into the board as a direct replacement for the battery. I've always purchased them from Banggood but they don't appear to have them in stock at the moment. If you contact eletoponline365 on eBay they should be able to supply them for you.

supercaps.jpg

BTW, if you install a super-cap in a Mobius be sure to set "Power-OFF Disconnect" to "Immediate" in mSetup.

In your location either will do fine. Supercaps are more tolerant of temp extremes and last longer but they also must stop the recording the instant that power is cut, whereas a battery can keep going awhile. In a crash it's at least somewhat likely that power could be cut- by then any dashcam has captured the cause and the crash, but not any aftermath which a battery powered cam will get while a cap powered cam won't.

So IMHO the battery is better if it's a viable choice ;)

Phil

BTW, if you install a super-cap in a Mobius be sure to set "Power-OFF Disconnect" to "Immediate" in mSetup.
Yup, that is how I have it setup already.
In your location either will do fine. Supercaps are more tolerant of temp extremes and last longer but they also must stop the recording the instant that power is cut, whereas a battery can keep going awhile. In a crash it's at least somewhat likely that power could be cut- by then any dashcam has captured the cause and the crash, but not any aftermath which a battery powered cam will get while a cap powered cam won't.

So IMHO the battery is better if it's a viable choice ;)

Phil
Good to know. Thank you! My goal is to have the file written to SD when power is cut.

Okay so I just got my brand new mobius 1 and it is not working. Here is everything I know so far:
  1. I changed the lense
  2. When I try to turn the mobius on the blue light comes on for a second and then the red light at the back blinks 3 times.
  3. When I plug in the camera it is not recognized by any of my computers, and no lights come on. If I try to turn it on, the green light stays on but still nothing happens. I have left it charging for 3 hours in case that was the issue, it was not.
  4. The CMOS connecting strip is perfectly aligned and in tact on both sides
  5. I reformatted my SD cards and tried multiple SD cards
  6. I tried all different types of firmware, and when I try to manually load the firmware the blue light blinks as it should, and once it is done, the red light blinks 3 times (no yellow light) and then the camera goes dorment again.
  7. I bought it from this website: https://www.mobius-actioncam.com/category/video-share-blog/ and their customer support sucks ass and has not responded after days.
Any ideas?

that's a shame, would have been better to find out this was an issue before breaking the warranty seal, going to have to wait on the seller to respond I guess

Okay so I just got my brand new mobius 1 and it is not working. Here is everything I know so far:
  1. I changed the lense
  2. When I try to turn the mobius on the blue light comes on for a second and then the red light at the back blinks 3 times.
  3. When I plug in the camera it is not recognized by any of my computers, and no lights come on. If I try to turn it on, the green light stays on but still nothing happens. I have left it charging for 3 hours in case that was the issue, it was not.
  4. The CMOS connecting strip is perfectly aligned and in tact on both sides
  5. I reformatted my SD cards and tried multiple SD cards
  6. I tried all different types of firmware, and when I try to manually load the firmware the blue light blinks as it should, and once it is done, the red light blinks 3 times (no yellow light) and then the camera goes dorment again.
  7. I bought it from this website: https://www.mobius-actioncam.com/category/video-share-blog/ and their customer support sucks ass and has not responded after days.
Any ideas?

Remove the lens again and reinstall it. Make sure that the ribbon cable is fully inserted into the socket and seated properly after you plug it in. Make sure you lock the ribbon clamp.

As for not being recognized by your computer make sure you are using a USB cable that has a DATA connection. Some cables only have wiring for power, so it they charge the camera ONLY when plugged into a USB port. i.e. make the green LED light up). The short cable that came with your camera should have the DATA connection. It is also possible that you have a bad cable.

Try a different memory card.

The BLUE light on start-up is normal. The three RED flashes are also normal. (three red flashes indicates a full battery - two flashes less charged and so forth)

If nothing happens after the above sequence try pressing the reset button or remove the battery for 30-60 seconds and plug it back in.

Good luck! :)

Remove the lens again and reinstall it. Make sure that the ribbon cable is fully inserted into the socket and seated properly after you plug it in. Make sure you lock the ribbon clamp.

As for not being recognized by your computer make sure you are using a USB cable that has a DATA connection. Some cables only have wiring for power, so it they charge the camera ONLY when plugged into a USB port. i.e. make the green LED light up). The short cable that came with your camera should have the DATA connection. It is also possible that you have a bad cable.

Try a different memory card.

The BLUE light on start-up is normal. The three RED flashes are also normal. (three red flashes indicates a full battery - two flashes less charged and so forth)

If nothing happens after the above sequence try pressing the reset button or remove the battery for 30-60 seconds and plug it back in.

Good luck! :)

So I put back the regular lens (like that would change much), re-seated it -- this is the only area where I think I could be going wrong, it is fitting quite snug but maybe I am not doing it right?? I put the memory card in, pressed the reset button and did all of this multiple times... Still nothing.

Also, the USB cable does do data transfer as I just tested it with a go pro and it worked.

So I put back the regular lens (like that would change much), re-seated it -- this is the only area where I think I could be going wrong, it is fitting quite snug but maybe I am not doing it right?? I put the memory card in, pressed the reset button and did all of this multiple times... Still nothing.

Also, the USB cable does do data transfer as I just tested it with a go pro and it worked.

If you're using PC, Try opening device manually. Also how did you format your SD card? Is it in camera?

If you're using PC, Try opening device manually. Also how did you format your SD card? Is it in camera?
It's not to be found anywhere on the PC. I formatted the cards using SDformatter.exe to FAT32. If I put the firmware on the SD card it loads the firmware with the blue sequence, but the yellow light never shines. If I turn it on and off again, it goes through the whole sequence again. The firmware never gets deleted off the SD. Yes it was in the camera and I have tried multiple.

What is the latest lens for mobius 1? Which one is best for dash cams? I can't figure out the lens in the mobius that I have, it says "Mobius_SE_V0.1". Any ideas?

How about a pic with the camera? :)

What is the latest lens for mobius 1? Which one is best for dash cams? I can't figure out the lens in the mobius that I have, it says "Mobius_SE_V0.1". Any ideas?
Current Mobius 1 sell with A2, C2 or D lenses. Previous lenses are A, B and C1.
"Mobius_SE_V0.1" doesn't tell us what lens you have. Copy & paste a photo of the lens and we can figure out which one you have.

As for which is the best lens for dashcam application, that depends on what you want. Most people like a semi wide angle field of view around 120-130 degrees, which are the C2 and D lenses. If you want a narrower 90 degree field of view, go for the A2 lens.

These photos are from my preferred UK seller Webbex - https://www.minidvcameras.co.uk/
1517828484378.png

I’d like to use it as a dash-cam. The footage quality is not good with the lens the mobius came with, especially at night. Pictures are attached.

I’ve ordered a “D” lens to see whether there’s any improvement. On that note, how should I configure “lens D” using mSetup as its not listed there (only a, b, c2 are listed).

Attachments

• D621C6CF-BB7B-4B80-9995-2CB9C2E9666E.jpeg
    D621C6CF-BB7B-4B80-9995-2CB9C2E9666E.jpeg
    167.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 48C1B00C-8D1D-4877-9014-47342E9F5724.jpeg
    48C1B00C-8D1D-4877-9014-47342E9F5724.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 7
Back