Parking Mode Beta Firmware

Just a small thing: we are using YY-MM-DD not YY – MM – DD, but maybe to be sure the hypen is visible the developer used – instead of - .

enjoy,
Mtz

Updated V1.5 firmware for public testing.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1k5DMnX2jVM-ZZzhyZ-ThJmC4BwQUR1Xo
  • Added: New parking mode solution, support VIOFO 2 wires and 3 wires ACC hardwire kit.
  • Added: 2fps, 3fps options for time lapse parking mode
  • Added: Support show SSID, Car License number, Customize Text on APP.
  • Added: Support rear camera mirror
  • Added: Time zone option: -2:30
  • Updated: Support take a video snapshot while lock the video by remote control
  • Updated: Wake up the screen first while press the Menu / Rec / Mic / Video Source switch button in screen save mode;
  • Updated: Date format YY/MM/DD changed to YY – MM – DD
  • Updated: Enter parking mode duration 90s changed to 5mins while use 2 wires hardwire cable
If your largest market is the U.S., then please change date format to MM/DD/YY or make it an option. Also, prefer not to have 24 hour clock and instead use for example 1:00 AM (instead of 13:00) and add time zones EST, PST, etc.

If you will look at date format by country you will see that only USA is using this date format. Most of the countries are using DD-MM-YY. Almost only China and Canada are using actual YY-MM-DD.

1050px-Date_format_by_country_NEW.svg.png

I consider adding EST, PST... is a too much request because right now americans can use time zones. Lets hope Viofo will add posibility to change the date format from menu.

enjoy,
Mtz

"Added: Support rear camera mirror" what does it mean please?

"Added: Support rear camera mirror" what does it mean please?
my guess is: if you look forward your left is your left, when you see your rear camera screen while you look forward the left on a camera screen is actually your right, if you mirror it your left remains your left.

This means if you want the image of the rear camera to be displayed and recorded as reversed compared to acual view, to be like the image from the rear view mirror. I remember that some users asked the rear camera to offer mirrored image not like actual view. But this rare request was not good for other people so Viofo implemented this option as selectable menu for few users which asked for this.

enjoy,
Mtz

If you will look at date format by country you will see that only USA is using this date format. Most of the countries are using DD-MM-YY. Almost only China and Canada are using actual YY-MM-DD.

1050px-Date_format_by_country_NEW.svg.png

I consider adding EST, PST... is a too much request because right now americans can use time zones. Lets hope Viofo will add posibility to change the date format from menu.

enjoy,
Mtz
USA #1

Any update on a 5 sec delay going from low FPS mode to normal recording when G-sensor is activated in parking mode? Is it still there? Owners of A129, how do you cope with it?
No takers? Did it change with firmware update?

I consider adding EST, PST... is a too much request because right now americans can use time zones.

unfortunately a lot of American customers have no idea what timezone they're in, they've only been used to hearing EST, PST etc but not knowing what numbers that relates to, we get a lot of inquiries about timezones also

If your largest market is the U.S., then please change date format to MM/DD/YY or make it an option. Also, prefer not to have 24 hour clock and instead use for example 1:00 AM (instead of 13:00) and add time zones EST, PST, etc.
1:00 AM is still 1:00AM. 1:00PM would be 13:00 (also known as military time). Probably a country selection with automatic Date/Time format would be beneficial to many.

Enter parking mode duration 90s changed to 5mins while use 2 wires hardwire cable
5 minutes is way too long. The 90 seconds was good. If you needed to change, at least make it selectable from some values by menu.

unfortunately a lot of American customers have no idea what timezone they're in, they've only been used to hearing EST, PST etc but not knowing what numbers that relates to, we get a lot of inquiries about timezones also
all the americans have a counting problem. while the rest of the world counting system based on just 10 (ten) fingers on their hands the americans (my guess) count 12 (twelve).
shok.gif
swoon.gif

i recount my fingers from time to time and it 's always 10 (ten). i guess i'm still russian.

I count my fingers at the end of every workday to see if I made any mistakes. So far all my fingers have always been there, but once part of my left thumb wasn't :eek:

Phil

I count my fingers at the end of every workday to see if I made any mistakes. So far all my fingers have always been there, but once part of my left thumb wasn't :eek:

Phil
you forgot to mention how many fingers you got counted.
smile3.gif

Well on that one very bad day it was about 9 7/8 :( I seriously wish the US would go metric. It beats the heck out of having 32nds in inches, and 12 of those per foot when you're doing precision layouts.

Phil

As of 2018 the United States is one of only seven countries, including Myanmar (Burma), Liberia, Palau, the Marshall Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia, and Samoa that have not officially adopted the metric system as the primary means of weights and measures.

As of 2018 the United States is one of only seven countries, including Myanmar (Burma), Liberia, Palau, the Marshall Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia, and Samoa that have not officially adopted the metric system as the primary means of weights and measures.
As of 2018, the US is THE global superpower. Biggest economy, dominant military, number uno.

Back