70mai Firmware Update (changing from Chinese to English)

ufuf
What power supply did you connect during the firmware update?
Try to leave for a long time connected to an external power source.
Try to press reset and press the power button 1 time briefly. Is the LED blinking 5 times red?

1. I used power supply sufficient to charge my Chuwi Surbook, but I tried some others - the same effect: nothing
2. I left my dashcam conected overnigth - nothing changed
3. I pressed power button while pressing reset - nothing. No response, no light. My LED is now never blinking/lighting.
May it be a result of the fw upgrading or - coincidentally - my USB (power) connector in cam was damaged?
BTW: I ordered the new English version of 70mai but it is very unlikely to receive it before Xmas.

Last edited:
I notice that my recordings are in 1 minute length per file. Can it be adjusted to longer intervals?

I upgraded my 70mai dashcam Chinese version to English announcements firmware 1.04 without any problems. As the next step I wanted to upgrade to 1.06 yesterday. The process ended with an (English) announcement that the upgrade was successful. But after restarting the dashcam it was absolutely dead - no response, no lights, no possibility for another fw. (Cable/Charger is OK - tested). I tried reset. Nothing changed. Please any advice/help.
That was the same for me. 1.0.4 -> 1.0.6, she said it was succesful. Disconnected, and nothing. Finally had to desolder the flash chip, and direct flashed with a recovery flash file. It recovered with 1.0.4cn, upgraded to 1.0.6 and all went good, using it now.

That was the same for me. 1.0.4 -> 1.0.6, she said it was succesful. Disconnected, and nothing. Finally had to desolder the flash chip, and direct flashed with a recovery flash file. It recovered with 1.0.4cn, upgraded to 1.0.6 and all went good, using it now.
Thank you for your reply. It gives me a small chance of repairing the cam. But How to do it, I have no experience in similar things.
Edit: I found some videos on desoldering of flash chips on youtube - but unfortunately it is over my skill and possibilities and I do not have the necessary equipment for it and direct writing to flash chip.

Last edited:
If there is little memory for English voice commands, is it possible to insert only one English voice command, for example, "take a photo"?

Other commands and such cameras already work automatically or retrieve images from a mobile phone.

Is it possible to insert only "take a photo"?

+1

It would be even better for "Take a video".
I'm trying to figure out how to open the bin file so i can explore a little bit and try to change stuff.

Hi,
So far, I've only seen two Hungarian flags, one is mine ... :)
I have prepared the Hungarian translation of the 70mai Android app, available at the link below. I hope it will be useful to someone.
70mai_post.jpg

SymPDA Android

If someone wants to translate into their own language, I can upload the English language file here.
If the translation is completed, I will embed it in the original file so that the translator's compatriots can use the 70mai app in their native language.
Does this opportunity interest someone?

If someone wants to translate into their own language, I can upload the English language file here.
If the translation is completed, I will embed it in the original file so that the translator's compatriots can use the 70mai app in their native language.
Does this opportunity interest someone?
OK, I am interested. I could try the Czech (and Slovak and maybe also Polish) translation.

ufuf said:

I have prepared the language files to be translated in the correct format. Good luck to work! ;)(y)

The "activity_about.xml" file has the ability to specify the translator's personality by translating the text "Translator: " and specifying the name. Appearance as in the picture above, based on the language set on the phone.

Based on the language files uploaded in the package, anyone can create their own language translation by renaming the "values-xx" and "layout-xx" folders.

Happy New Year to everyone! :geek:

Attachments

• 70mai.v1.0.4.int.CS.SK.PL.translation.files.by.gidano.zip
    43.2 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
If there is little memory for English voice commands, is it possible to insert only one English voice command, for example, "take a photo"?

Other commands and such cameras already work automatically or retrieve images from a mobile phone.

Is it possible to insert only "take a photo"?

We can not change voice command (voice input), may be they are not in the flashable firmware (i read somwhere that it is in another chip soldered to the board, I don't know it is true or not). And CN voice recognition is different voice engine than english voice recognition.
What we change is the wav files that camera plays, that is what the camera "says", it is totally different from voice recognition. So the best we will achieve that CN camera "speaks" what we want (anyone can record it with a microphone), and control it with the builtin chinese commands (that we can not alter).

es posible que alguno de los presentes me ayude con el cambio de voz al español en una 70 mai ?? saludos desde el pacifico.

Is 1.0.6 firmware safe to flash?

Mine is CN version

Hello
It turned out to change the voice control in the Chinese version.
So..
FIRMWARE for Chinese Version (CN)
[with English voice acting and English voice control]
v.1.0.6eu

Сhangelog:
  • Optimized recorder G-sensor algorithm
  • Increase the recorder settings to save the save function
  • Solve the problem that some models of the fire recorder turn on the red light
Eng commands:
  • Take picture
  • Record video
  • Record without sound
  • Record with sound
  • Turn off Wi-Fi
  • Turn on Wi-Fi

SD_CarDV_1.0.6_(for CN version)_ENG VOICE AND CONTROL.zip

Last edited:
10x [U]lisabon_Q3[/U].

Updated and it works fine. I am not a native English speaker, but I have managed to use all the voice commands :) However, there are moments where my commands are not recognized...

Hi guys! I’ve just received my 70mai dashcam (international version) and I’m pretty satisfied with that product, BUT one thing is quite annoying: voice command recognition. It sometimes misrecognizes commands from the talk or music/audiobook and turns off audio recording or takes photo. Mobile app has no option to switch voice recognition off which is a bummer. Luckily, I found this thread and your tips regarding hacking this dashcam. So I used this url which lists all the params and found one named ApkSetSpeechSens. Unfortunately there is no value assigned which might mean that this param is not used by camera. I might try setting it to 0 or OFF but I’m a bit worried that I will accidentally brick my camera. Do you guys have any experience with tweaking voice recognition feature?

Artur

Hi guys! I’ve just received my 70mai dashcam (international version) and I’m pretty satisfied with that product, BUT one thing is quite annoying: voice command recognition. It sometimes misrecognizes commands from the talk or music/audiobook and turns off audio recording or takes photo. Mobile app has no option to switch voice recognition off which is a bummer. Luckily, I found this thread and your tips regarding hacking this dashcam. So I used this url which lists all the params and found one named ApkSetSpeechSens. Unfortunately there is no value assigned which might mean that this param is not used by camera. I might try setting it to 0 or OFF but I’m a bit worried that I will accidentally brick my camera. Do you guys have any experience with tweaking voice recognition feature?

Artur

Hi, just update firmware in app and then in menu you should see option to turn off voice control.

Attachments

• screenshot_20190117-135247.png
    screenshot_20190117-135247.png
    901.9 KB · Views: 96
  • screenshot_20190117-135255.png
    screenshot_20190117-135255.png
    714.1 KB · Views: 90
  • screenshot_20190117-135313.png
    screenshot_20190117-135313.png
    537.5 KB · Views: 88
  • screenshot_20190117-135320.png
    screenshot_20190117-135320.png