Buffered Parking mode

Is parking buffered mode working correctly? I have lots of family members and friends asking me about my blackvue setups 650GW,650S, 750S. I know that it's only a matter of time till my 750S fails and I can't in good faith recommend them spending $350-$500 on cameras every 1 - 2 years.

Seems that my cameras can't handle California's 70°F (21.1°C) weather it seems.

Reactions: RLS
Is parking buffered mode working correctly? I have lots of family members and friends asking me about my blackvue setups 650GW,650S, 750S. I know that it's only a matter of time till my 750S fails and I can't in good faith recommend them spending $350-$500 on cameras every 1 - 2 years.

Seems that my cameras can't handle California's 70°F (21.1°C) weather it seems.

its still in beta and a bit buggy. I have switched back to lowbitrate recording until the bugs are ironed out.

Using parking mode - low bit rate - creates same size files as in regular recording mode ( above 453MB)
@viofo - is this a known issue in 1.7 version?

Using parking mode - low bit rate - creates same size files as in regular recording mode ( above 453MB)
@viofo - is this a known issue in 1.7 version?
Yes, it's a known issue. Use V1.5 if you want to use low bitrate parking mode, until it gets corrected.

will buffered parking mode work with timelapse parking mode in case of impact or is it only for auto event detection ?

Viofo A129 Duo Firmware v1.80 Beta
new Buffered Parking Mode only works when selecting Auto Event Detection.
Auto Event Detection = 12 second buffer trigger event recording in 45 second clips with audio
Time Lapse Mode = continuous recording without audio
Low Bitrate Recording = continuous recording with audio

@viofo

With V1.7 the buffered parking mode wasnt work properly. It stops recording without any reason.

Can you confirm if that problem is fixed on V1.8?

Thanks

@viofo any chances for buffered parking mode working with time-lapse parking mode in case of impact like blackvue has?

I never had this problem using the A129 v1.7 for 3 weeks with a Cellink Neo. It only stops recording if the Cellink battery runs out of juice. Maybe your setup/voltage cut off and batteries charge?

@viofo any chances for buffered parking mode working with time-lapse parking mode in case of impact like blackvue has?
A129 Parking Time Lapse Mode records every second continuously while ignition is off. There is no need for buffer when continuously recording.

I never had this problem using the A129 v1.7 for 3 weeks with a Cellink Neo. It only stops recording if the Cellink battery runs out of juice. Maybe your setup/voltage cut off and batteries charge?

Do you use the Viofo HK3 hardwire kit with your Neo? If so, how do you have it wired and what do you set the voltage cut-off at? Thanks!

Viofo A129 Duo Firmware v1.80 Beta
new Buffered Parking Mode only works when selecting Auto Event Detection.
Auto Event Detection = 12 second buffer trigger event recording in 45 second clips with audio
Time Lapse Mode = continuous recording without audio
Low Bitrate Recording = continuous recording with audio

Thanks for the overview BCHobbyist. With the new 1.8 firmware, what conditions trigger an auto event?

Also, is an improved buffered parking mode the only changes in this version?

Thanks!

I had the same problem with v1.7, it would stop detecting motion after 30-40 mins and stop recording. I have it connected to a Cellink Neo aswell.
I switched to v1.5 to revert back to buffered which works correctly.

Thanks for the overview BCHobbyist. With the new 1.8 firmware, what conditions trigger an auto event?
Also, is an improved buffered parking mode the only changes in this version?
Thanks!
Parking Auto Event Detection Mode = 12 second buffer event recording in 45 second clips with audio > triggered by either visual motion or impact event and waits in Standby Mode only recording to buffer until event is detected then writes to memory card.
Low Bitrate Recording now works correctly saving clips at 4 Mb/s bitrate with FW v1.80
The default DD/MM/YYYY has also changed.

@viofo

I installed and tested V1.8 but with auto event detection the cam stops recording randomly. So the problem from previous version was not solved...

Back