Buffered Parking mode

@viofo

I installed and tested V1.8 but with auto event detection the cam stops recording randomly. So the problem from previous version was not solved...
The new buffered A129 Parking Auto Event Detection Mode is designed to only record clips when visual or impact event is detected -or- remain in low power Standby Mode without recording to save memory card space.
The visual motion event recordings will now record 12 seconds prior to trigger event creating 45 second clips with PF - front and PR - rear added to clip file name.

What is displayed build date of installed v1.80 firmware?
What Loop Recording is selected? 1min / 2 / 3 / 10
What size brand memory card inserted?
Does parking mode issue occur in single camera and dual camera mode?
How is A129 connected to power? GPS mount / side port
What is power source? vehicle battery using socket adapter / Hardwire kit3 / power bank
What is HK3wire voltage cutoff switch setting? 11.8 / 12.0 / 12.2 / 12.4
What is HK3 circuit taps? ACC / Battery / ground
How old is vehicle battery? 1 year / 2 / 3 / 4
What are conditions during parking test ? temperature / day / night / full sun / garage / workbench

The new buffered A129 Parking Auto Event Detection Mode is designed to only record clips when visual or impact event is detected -or- remain in low power Standby Mode without recording to save memory card space.
The visual motion event recordings will now record 12 seconds prior to trigger event creating 45 second clips with PF - front and PR - rear added to clip file name.

What is displayed build date of installed v1.80 firmware?
What Loop Recording is selected? 1min / 2 / 3 / 10
What size brand memory card inserted?
Does parking mode issue occur in single camera and dual camera mode?
How is A129 connected to power? GPS mount / side port
What is power source? vehicle battery using socket adapter / Hardwire kit3 / power bank
What is HK3wire voltage cutoff switch setting? 11.8 / 12.0 / 12.2 / 12.4
What is HK3 circuit taps? ACC / Battery / ground
How old is vehicle battery? 1 year / 2 / 3 / 4
What are conditions during parking test ? temperature / day / night / full sun / garage / workbench

What is displayed build date of installed v1.80 firmware? 11 Jun

What Loop Recording is selected? 3m

What size brand memory card inserted? Sandisk Ultra A1 128gb

Does parking mode issue occur in single camera and dual camera mode? Dual Camera

How is A129 connected to power? side port

What is power source?Hardwire kit3

What is HK3wire voltage cutoff switch setting? 12.2

What is HK3 circuit taps? ACC + Battery + ground

How old is vehicle battery? 2 years

What are conditions during parking test ? Day and NIght - About 20-25ºC

What is displayed build date of installed v1.80 firmware? 11 Jun
What Loop Recording is selected? 3m
What size brand memory card inserted? Sandisk Ultra A1 128gb
Does parking mode issue occur in single camera and dual camera mode? Dual Camera
How is A129 connected to power? side port
What is power source?Hardwire kit3
What is HK3wire voltage cutoff switch setting? 12.2
What is HK3 circuit taps? ACC + Battery + ground
How old is vehicle battery? 2 years
What are conditions during parking test ? Day and NIght - About 20-25ºC
Correctly functioning buffered A129 Parking Auto Event Detection Mode only activates when vehicle isn't moving. When Parking Mode is active but in standby low power mode not recording the REC LED will continuously flash, when either visual or impact event occurs the REC LED stops blinking and begins recording a 45 second clip, without further detects then stops recording entering Standby Mode with flashing LED.
If this behavior isn't occurring or stops working suggest
- temporarily change hardwire kit cutoff to 12.0 volts which should extend parking protection duration
- using a different memory card 64GB
- format the memory card and reset default settings
- change to Low Bitrate Recording to prove its not a power issue
- temporarily use a different hardwire circuit tap or different power source

If all Parking Modes stop working after random times beyond 30mins suspect fuse tap power issue, also load test the battery by mechanic.
My 2 hour test using Parking Auto Event Detection Mode powered from power bank worked normally recording 45 second clips when visual motion detected 7 events and correctly skipped boring unimportant parked scene.

@viofo , when the a129 is in auto event detection mode, is there any way to have the a129 write out the 12 second video buffer memory to storage card every time the ignition power is turned on? The ultimate goal is not actually to record every time the car is started, but to use an external shock sensor located in the rear of the car to trigger a save of that buffer (and then continue recording in standard mode for as long as ignition power is applied).

I could probably mount a mobile phone vibration motor on the side of the a129, triggered by that shock sensor, in order to activate the internal g-sensor of the a129, but that just seems incredibly hacky. It would be much more elegant if the a129 could interoperate with other external devices.

Do you use the Viofo HK3 hardwire kit with your Neo? If so, how do you have it wired and what do you set the voltage cut-off at? Thanks!

I do use the HK3 kit however it came pre-spliced with the cellink neo in the UK. The seller offers various pre-spliced kits for viofo/blackvue/thinkware etc. I have the cut off on the lowest although I don't think it matters as the Cellink Neo outputs at a consistent 13.1V-13.2V Wiring wise it's connected with a piggy back fuse to the cigarette lighter as this only provides power when the car is on and so does not drain the car battery charging the cellink when the car is parked.

35542d92-a650-4069-8830-0781c49b752e.jpg

I do use the HK3 kit however it came pre-spliced with the cellink neo in the UK. The seller offers various pre-spliced kits for viofo/blackvue/thinkware etc. I have the cut off on the lowest although I don't think it matters as the Cellink Neo outputs at a consistent 13.1V-13.2V Wiring wise it's connected with a piggy back fuse to the cigarette lighter as this only provides power when the car is on and so does not drain the car battery charging the cellink when the car is parked.

View attachment 46762

I have a blackvue b124, which is essentially the same as the celink. Im using the 3 wire plug with the b124 so the viofo knows when the ignition is off. The issue I have is that if the b124 runs completely out of battery, the next time I start my car and starts charging the b124, it doesnt turn on the viofo automatically unless I press a button on the dash cam or the next time I turn off the ignition where it sends a signal to turn it to parking mode. I worry that I run out of battery of the b124 and forget to turn on the viofo manually and something happens

I'm not an expert but have you tried increasing the delayed boot to longer? I'd try 15 seconds and see if it still does it.

I'm not an expert but have you tried increasing the delayed boot to longer? I'd try 15 seconds and see if it still does it.

Thanks, Ill try it at 10 seconds. It was at none before

Upgraded to v1.8 firmware today. Buffered parking mode looks to be working well, but the camera remains in parking mode for about three and a half minutes after the car is started and I'm moving. The cam recorded another five 45 second clips after ignition and while driving before switching to accessory power and recording normally.

Has anyone had that problem?

Not a big problem since the clips are overlapping by a couple seconds beginning and end, but it seems there's too much of a delay where the camera doesn't recognize it's on accessory power. Is this a limitation of the camera?

Last edited:
A129 Parking Time Lapse Mode records every second continuously while ignition is off. There is no need for buffer when continuously recording.
Parking Time Lapse Mode records just a frame every few seconds, depending on settings you miss a second or two every frame! Would be nice in case of impact to have a normal continuous video with sound like blackvue has this option in time lapse parking mode.

@viofo any chances to have an option to choose low bitrate parking mode between 4Mbps and let's say 10Mbps? In my opinion 4Mbps is a bit too low.

Trying out the 1.8 beta firmware. So far, everything seems to work like described for my unit. The android app doesn't have the parking mode g-sensor or motion detection sensitivity options though, I can only access those via the menu on the camera.

Using 3 wire hard wire kit plugged into camera and set at 11.8v
recording length: 3 minutes
parking mode: event detection
parking mode g-sensor: high
parking mode motion sensor: low
using a Sandisk 64gb ultra SDXC A1

@viofo

I installed and tested V1.8 but with auto event detection the cam stops recording randomly. So the problem from previous version was not solved...
Same for me

Tested it today and didn't even get 5mins of recording before it stopped

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

@viofo any chances to have an option to choose low bitrate parking mode between 4Mbps and let's say 10Mbps? In my opinion 4Mbps is a bit too low.
It is possible, but there is no obvious difference. 10Mbps will use more card space.

10 mbit, then its no longer low bitrate,,,,,, its not high either.

I can see your parked car getting a mirror torn off, and low bitrate parking mode not being good enough to handle that situation, really this is something i would have to experiment on the day i get a camera that support low bitrate parking mode.

Back